IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

i know i've seen Alien 3. i know the lava scene was memorable. can't remember anything visual though! too long ago.

Keanu Reeves is always Keanu Reeves, I think it just depends if you like that or not. I happen to like him, he's a really good everyman (he's much more tolerable than say, Nicholas Cage).

wait. WTF?

*trigger huge mob with torches and pitchforks*

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shit Attack

watched alien 3 the other day funnily enough, was some workprint or directors cut version i stole off the internet dont remember exactly what was different from the original version as havent seen it since it came out on video but it was definetly longer + better than i remembered it anyways, not as good as the first 2 tho . think the main diference might be the alien came out a dog or something in the original and this one it came out a dead ox ? cant remember exactly

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Keanu Reeves is always Keanu Reeves, Hearing him recite Shakespeare in the film is pretty embarrassing, but there's no doubt that he fits the role of a young gigolo well (wasn't he reputed to have been David Geffen's boy toy? In any case).

Yeah. I was told that many people confirm that Geffen story by a good friend who's been acting in LA for about 3 years. He is kind of homophobic and I'm like you probably should be the opposite be successful in Hollywood. He told me that quite a few times he's heard stories from people who have been in the industry a long time about male actors who have got ahead by being homos with big wigs. I can't remember them very well but I know he definitely mentioned hearing the Reeves - Geffen story from someone who was in the industry at that time.

yeah, I'd agree with that (about it possibly being Van Sant's only great film). I haven't seen that many of his flicks though. Saw Drugstore Cowboy many years ago but it didn't make much of an impression on me. Started to watch Milk but got bored and turned it off. I'm curious about Gerry and Elephant, but haven't seen them. I watched part of "To Die For", would be interested to see the whole thing one day.

Keanu Reeves is always Keanu Reeves, I think it just depends if you like that or not. I happen to like him, he's a really good everyman (he's much more tolerable than say, Nicholas Cage). Hearing him recite Shakespeare in the film is pretty embarrassing, but there's no doubt that he fits the role of a young gigolo well (wasn't he reputed to have been David Geffen's boy toy? In any case, he radiates a kind of natural "hard to get" male eroticism that works well for the film). Off the top of my head I think the films I liked him in most were the Matrix, My Own Private Idaho, Constantine, Point Break...probably good in Speed too, though I can't think of that film without thinking of Sandra Bullock, which makes me cringe...

I rewatched Speed not that long ago. Sandra Bullock is indeed the weakest part of that film. I thought Keanu was surprisingly not-sucky in Street Kings. Then again everyone looks like a pro acting next to Common.

Smoke (1995) - 7/10 - Better than I was expecting. Everyone is really good, except for Ashley Judd; completely unconvincing.

think the main diference might be the alien came out a dog or something in the original and this one it came out a dead ox ?

what the fuck, man

about to watch and lol at The Magus bookadaption thingy that Caine reckoned of that it was the only role he ever regretted doing..

think the main diference might be the alien came out a dog or something in the original and this one it came out a dead ox ?

what the fuck, man

Yeah, the ox/dog thing is one of the differences. Ripley also washes up on the shore instead of being found on board the ship and you see an autopsy scene as far as I remember.

just watched Torn Curtain for the first time, was much better than i expected. One scene in particular was very disturbing, i won't spoil it but leave it to Hitchcock to make a scene normally done as a cliche in thriller movies, turned into a very uncomfortable intense moment

meet the feebles - the novelty of foulmouth muppets wears off after about 5 minute and we're left with not so subtle satire on he biz. as a huge fan of pretty much everything (else) jackson had done up to forgotten silver i was disappointed.

there's nothing out there - a movie made for me. important study in differentiating house by the pond and camp by the lake. teenage sex comedy slasher with a cynic horror fan loner providing the golden oneliners. but, to be fair, pretty much every line of dialoge is hilarious in one way or another. and the break the 4th wall in the way that's actually pretty clever. a true gem.

did you think river phoenix was good? i was never really convinced of his acting ability but i thought he was fairly strong in idaho. shame he's dead.

I was really into River Phoenix after Idaho, it came out during my freshman year in college, and I was studying overseas when I heard about his death. I had my parents send me news clippings about it (no internets). I guess his death was my "Kurt Cobain" or "Princess Di." Hit me surprisingly hard (didn't care at all about either of those others)

I have to say that that dick-sucking-barn-falling-from-the-skies scene early on in Idaho has always stayed in my memory, Van Sant outdid much of Lynch with that juxtaposition. Plus the "frozen-in-time" sexual tableau, and possibly Udo Kier's best performance :emotawesomepm9: . Such a great film. That trailer scene where Phoenix confronts his "brother" has stuck with me too...

The Dictator - 8/10

Goes a bit over the top at some points, but overall really funny typical sacha baron cohen movie.

Guest Shit Attack

what the fuck, man

Yeah, the ox/dog thing is one of the differences. Ripley also washes up on the shore instead of being found on board the ship and you see an autopsy scene as far as I remember.

OOOPS didnt know you could spoiler a 20 year old film most people already had seen ! . Also I thought most of those parts were in the original ? cant remember now

Keanu Reeves is always Keanu Reeves, Hearing him recite Shakespeare in the film is pretty embarrassing, but there's no doubt that he fits the role of a young gigolo well (wasn't he reputed to have been David Geffen's boy toy? In any case).

Yeah. I was told that many people confirm that Geffen story by a good friend who's been acting in LA for about 3 years. He is kind of homophobic and I'm like you probably should be the opposite be successful in Hollywood. He told me that quite a few times he's heard stories from people who have been in the industry a long time about male actors who have got ahead by being homos with big wigs. I can't remember them very well but I know he definitely mentioned hearing the Reeves - Geffen story from someone who was in the industry at that time.

check this out profesor griff says that like no black people make it in hollywood unless they get buttfucked by quincy jones + tupac wouldnt let quincy buttfuck him and then he got whacked ! dunno if we should trust a guy who rolls his wooly jumper all the way up his throat tho, something suspect about that. But then I saw some vid with dave chapelle on that actors studio show and he said they insisted that all black dudes had to have a scene where they wore a dress in a movie ort something and he wouldnt do it + was when his troubles began. so if they do that to the black people imagine what they do to the whites or whatever keanu reeves is kinda almost asian or something etc

"The new cleavage became the buttcrack"

what the fuck, man

OOOPS didnt know you could spoiler a 20 year old film most people already had seen ! . Also I thought most of those parts were in the original ? cant remember now

check this out profesor griff says that like no black people make it in hollywood unless they get buttfucked by quincy jones + tupac wouldnt let quincy buttfuck him and then he got whacked ! dunno if we should trust a guy who rolls his wooly jumper all the way up his throat tho, something suspect about that. But then I saw some vid with dave chapelle on that actors studio show and he said they insisted that all black dudes had to have a scene where they wore a dress in a movie ort something and he wouldnt do it + was when his troubles began. so if they do that to the black people imagine what they do to the whites or whatever keanu reeves is kinda almost asian or something etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9LCybsLhVY8

"The new cleavage became the buttcrack"

good post would read again

OCCULT ('Okaruto'), Japan 2009

Koji Shiraishi is interested in strange indiscriminate murder at a sightseeing resort. He goes behind the camera to investigate the circumstances surrounding strange occurrences and interview the survivors.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1395135/

[youtubehd]YWNfzcbsFc0[/youtubehd]

with interactive transcript..

creepy DIY-style investigation..great soundtrack...

meet the feebles - the novelty of foulmouth muppets wears off after about 5 minute and we're left with not so subtle satire on he biz. as a huge fan of pretty much everything (else) jackson had done up to forgotten silver i was disappointed.

I love this movie

that Professor Griff video is amazing. I have never seen a more lucid-seeming person spouting such utter nonsense. I loved the part about the saggy jean trend being started by illuminati putting M tags inside L size pants...

ANRedux

i watched a snail crawling along the edge of a straight razor...that's my dream; that's my nightmare..crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor..and surviving.

Guest Mirezzi

Captain America - Could not finish it. Easily the worst superhero comic book adaptation yet...not that the source material was even worth adapting in the first place.

yeah, fuck 'Captain America', terrible film. How they made him not annoying in 'The Avengers' is part of the secret of that film's enormous success.

'Sound of my Voice' - 6.5/10 - I guess I was expecting a more gritty tale of cult activities, like in 'Martha Marcy May Marlene' but more sadistic. What I received from this film was a mixed bag. There are times when I felt that had the correct feel of a "lock the door and submit your will to your new leader" feeling but it was never completely convincing for me. There were scenes when I laughed, as well as other audience members, but I am not sure that the film makers were going for funny. There were several intentional plot holes that should have been filled in my opinion, e.g. the federal marshal lady's role was not well written or explained. The end was silly as well. Interesting yes, but ultimately silly. It never reached a level of intensity that I feel films about manipulative leaders should get to. When they don't reach that level of depravity it is boring for myself. Interesting watch but I was disappointed.

Archived