IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

sleepaway camp - for a friday the 13th rip-off it's actually a lot better. and i really loved the hostile mood. CLASSIC. too bad i already knew how it ends or i would probably go bonkers with ecstasy.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sleepaway camp - for a friday the 13th rip-off it's actually a lot better. and i really loved the hostile mood. CLASSIC. too bad i already knew how it ends or i would probably go bonkers with ecstasy.

I think it's one of the most unintentionally brilliant movies I've ever seen. I've never laughed so hard at a real horror movie, and it never once seems lame or pathetic. You'd swear it was calculated to be an incredible satire on horror films.

oh that reveal was amazing! i'm still loling about it.

Drive 8/10

Starts pretty slow and right at the moment when it starts to become boring everything collapses into one big rush of blood. The retro Soundtrack is also great but feels out of place at certain moments (nice Stars of the Lid influences)

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 0/10

harsh

dr no

the epic dragon battle scene had me rolfing. otherwise interesting to go back and watch how it all started

like crazy

interesting film about an english girl and an american guy and the trouble they have being together. which hit pretty close to home as i married an american and did the whole greencard process myself. in our case though we both tried to move across but in the film the guy didnt want to leave santa monica and basically came across a dick.

Guest Mirezzi

I didn't care for MI:4 either. 0/10 harsh but likely fair.

Thor: this wasn't too bad! Better than Green Lantern and Captain America within the 'faithful to the spirit of an actual comic book rather than a middle aged filmmakers existential crisis' genre.

Tree Of Life

pretty hard to watch. Great mood images but I could still not watch it past half of it as the christian family really strains on my nerves

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 0/10

harsh

It's literally one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

But I'm trolling. Maybe more like 3 out of 10.

Man I really need a good Spy movie. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and MI4 where both snorefests.

james bond! spying is about banging as many broads as possible. tinker tailor forgot this

forgot to mention that in dr no the way they dressed non-asian women up instead of hiring asian actresses. i guess its still going to an extent the way they get an actor with a cockney accent and make them do a southern US accent

Guest zaphod

hard ticket to hawaii - part of a guns, girls and g-strings dvd i bought for 4.99. quite a bit better than the descendants, which covers the same subject matter.

[youtubehd]Vzv_6dFtKDE[/youtubehd]

hard ticket to hawaii - part of a guns, girls and g-strings dvd i bought for 4.99. quite a bit better than the descendants, which covers the same subject matter.

[youtubehd]Vzv_6dFtKDE[/youtubehd]

1,000,000 / 10

one of the best films ever

but what was the alien doing in the wall at the end? huh? huh?

i think it was stalking ripley. animal predators do that to their prey all of the time.

ANYS...

i watched Terminator and Terminator 2 yesterday, i prefer the latter.

Hey guys who have seen Moonrise Kingdom, will my kid hate me if I take him along to see it with my woman? He's 10! He watched Aku Karusmäkis Le Havre on an airplane ride, and thought it was ok, so I think he'll handle somewhat adult themes as long as there are some kids in it that he can identify with. I'm going to see it anyway, but what you think? Will a kid get this film?

Great, I'll take him along. It seems to be marketed solely as a movie for adults. I wish filmmakers/studios would take kids more seriously.

This film has a Goonies like feel but a lot more grounded. Totally appropriate for kids. I feel it should have been marketed more for both kids and adults as well.

i think it was stalking ripley. animal predators do that to their prey all of the time.

whilst laying in a wall cavity?

i can't believe everyone is fine with this but is all crazy about prometheus not making much sense

I watched Alien again the other day and the Alien chilling in the wall bit went on longer than I expected. I had remembered it as reaching for Ripley when she's right next to it, then getting up to attack her.

But no, he sorts chills there for ages.

Still love it though. Love the chill alien.

Guest Shit Attack

cosmopolis - 8/10 - not a huge fan of cronenberg but this was cool. basically just people talking for 2 hours but it got more interesting as it went on, wasnt helped by the 1st 45 mins being ruined by some dumbfuck in the cinema who snored loudly + a group of old ladies who talked on and off and then left when the patenson guy started nailing a black chick. so not really sure if the begining was boring or was just ruined by stupid people, but definetly liked the rest of it a lot. sure most people will totally hate it tho + couldnt help but feel i was missing a lot because there was so much dialogue. Also it ended too abruptly for my tastes but that dosent really matter

whilst laying in a wall cavity?

i can't believe everyone is fine with this but is all crazy about prometheus not making much sense

read somewhere ridley scott just tacked that whole scene onto the end of alien while they were shooting it, probably why it dosent make much sense. Always thought it was dumb how ripley can kill the alien so easily when for the rest of the film they were basically trying to show that it was a totally indestructible killing machine no humans would have a chance against, but when sigourney weaver fights it it basically just lies around waiting to get harpooned. But supposedly it was originally meant to kill her too and use her voice to radio earth or something which would have been cool . might have saved us from the space jesus story 30 years later too

Christ. If the Alien killed her and spoke with her voice that pretty much would have ruined the preceding 120 minutes.

Archived