IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JohnTqs
rephlex

year old releases section, discography section with a link to a discography site, a press and publicity section with a broken link, and green font

Guest narkeworld
his music usually sounds pretty fresh.. at least everything he releases under aphex twin... going with whats currently trendy is not what I want him to do...

But that's what he's always done under that name

"Aphex Twin" records are almost always at least in part, RDJ's take on what the current sounds are, going right back to the start

R&S/Classics era is his take on rave and hardcore techno music

Ambient Works - ambient techno scene, The Orb, B12

I Care - Portishead, Massive Attack, Mowax, Downtempo Hip-Hop etc.

RDJAlbum - Jungle

Come To Daddy is a direct pisstake of Prodigy, Windowlicker of Timbaland and Neptunes

Drukqs is his response to breakcore, planet mu, vsnares and complex computerbods like autechre etc

Caustic/Polygon/Tuss/Universal Indicator/Brad Strider & most AFX are i'd say his more personal records, or at least have more classic influences and are less trendy

So it wouldn't surprise me if the next album is something contemporary, bass music or something. Or maybe the current dance/electronic scene is total shit and not worth taking as a starting point, who knows. As long as it isn't fucking spastic comedy music like drukqs/rdj/ctd/hab (as much as i love it) because that would be going in circles and we've had enough of that

Or just maybe we're barking up the wrong tree and the new Aphex album will be more smooth analogue jams in the lineage of analord and tuss, i certainly wouldn't complain

I like your ideas. :beer: Yeah, when ICBYD came out I was like where did the techno go (ICBYD had a "trip-hop" feel to it that made me cringe, the techno pieces on it are wicked though and the "trip-hop" stuff is good but not as good as the techno stuff on that album imo), that's what I loved( and still love) the most i.e. Polygon Window, B. Strider, AFX (ABB 4 jesus that's good). I love the Meat Beat Manifesto remix and the Mescalinum(sp?) United remixes a lot as well. Just that technoid sound (so good) where did it go I mean I heard breaks stuff pre 95 but it had this really nice techno sound to it, like he was listening to a lot of Underground Resistance, PCP, etc.. I'm so sick of the breaks sound that started in 95 (Jungle is a breaks construct imo as well, I did like HAB quite a bit it sounded like he was using SH-101 sounds for percussion, HAB still had a little of that old AFX sound in it but that was the end of it, then came the RDJ album and I almost vomited, where the hell did the dark techno/technoid stuff go???????) Analord is his best stuff in the 00's imo, I'd like more music, from him, with a techno feel to it, I mean that last track on ABB3 is so wicked imo and Surfing On Sine Waves is my favorite album of all time, I'm sure now that his releases after 95 were commercial in flavor except the Analords which probably sold because of the name/product. I just love the propulcid (this was a name given to one of his old tracks but wasn't given by him but it really captures a feel of his music back then) feel to his music which isn't really there any more. Do some DSP work with the Casio FZ-1 Richard, I'd like to hear that. :smile:

well apparently hes been into dnb

from Macc on the dubstepforums:

"I have to share something as well, and this is true too...

Sent to my old friend John/dgoHn (our album of oddball dnb is out very very soon after 5 years' waiting):

'thanks for the tunes, just flicked through them will listen more later

sounding lush though, yes i have been playing your tracks loads

whenever i can fit them in, really top stuff, pretty much what i want

to listen to as i havnt had my studio setup in ages [rebuilding it]

you and that macc geezer are 2 of my faves..

Where do you live ?

I moved back down to cornwall few years ago, love it down here, miss

london sometimes though..

Love to hear any other tunes youve unreleased if you got any.

Cheers, Richard'

That's Richard as in Richard D James Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy"

Guest spraaaa

nobody else moved back to cornwall. checked wolfram alpha on that.

what's the album? oddball dnb iz good...

Guest halluciphile

its been a while, but now im back. i was on slsk last night and saw this post when i woke up this morning:

* Entered room WATMM

[23:54][Producer snafu] when does the new aphex twin come out

so of course i came here and read every post on this thread.

my two cents? RDJ has always been several steps ahead of the trends (or setting them) it would be nice to hear a new mixture of several different genres all on the same disk - like drukqs. I was dissapointed with analord because it sounded like the older material -rehashed. I would personally like to see more tracks like equation, or the "b-side" of the japanese import of Windowlicker... funny thing... several weeks ago on NPR they used a track from drukqs in the background of an advertisement for a story about the failing economy. no matter the style... this new release needs emotion. a mashcore track or two would be nice too. but im not holding my breath.

Sent to my old friend John/dgoHn (our album of oddball dnb is out very very soon after 5 years' waiting):

Where do you live ?

Cheers, Richard'

That's Richard as in Richard D James Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy"

who's music is he talking about?

Where do you live ?

Cheers, Richard'

well, has he been dropping these tunes in sets? That would make it more believable.

Guest tv_party

Where do you live ?

Cheers, Richard'

who's music is he talking about?

http://www.last.fm/music/Macc

http://www.last.fm/music/dgoHn

It's at least plausible given that I've heard plenty of current value in his sets. Haven't listened to much dgohn but macc has some decent ones. as far as some collab trax 15 bit and leg taps are good.

sileni is another good one. stuff that stands well out from the gallons of generic crap that gets churned out in the name of dnb or whatever you wanna call it these days.

http://www.last.fm/music/Sileni

macc had an interesting q & a thread on doa awhile back.

Where do you live ?

Cheers, Richard'

well, has he been dropping these tunes in sets? That would make it more believable.

has indeed, yeah

macc - think down

fracture & neptune - apollo (subtle audio recordings)

dgoHn - elle (subtle audio recordings)

macc & dgoHn - 15 Bit

dgoHn - Not Dead Yet

dgoHn - Vase

dgoHn - Rhythmic Movement Disorder (subtle audio recordings)

also played a few equinox/breakage tracks on Mu

"How old was that Richard quote?"

the Macc post i quoted was made on the 20th

He should resurrect the Caustic Window guise and sound, but obviously using his current set-up...

Been listening to the CW stuff a lot lately...On the Romance Tip & The Garden Of Linmiri still own everything else...

i hope he plays Return of the Mac by Mark Morrison

Mark Morrison is a stupid, useless, cunt of a petty criminal.

i'm listening to the full edit of mangle 11 for the first time with PROPER headphones. HOly crap dude! if he makes an album like this i'd piss myself.

Archived