IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"AFX Worship" is based out of Isaiah 6 where the Prophet Isaiah "…saw Richard high and lifted up…". During his vision of Richard in all His glory, Isaiah was humbled and was even more aware of his humanity and imperfections. With a coal from the "Altar" of Richard, a Seraph (Tom Jenkinson) came to Isaiah and touched his lips and said that his sins were atoned for.

I just thought I would add my voice to the din of outraged RDJ fans who were tricked into believing, if only for a second, that a new AFX album had been released under the radar...

Instead this is simple christian flatus, destined for anonymity within the year. Richard David James's music, on the other hand, will continue to be enjoyed by serious music people far into the future. That is the reason I'm not as pissed off at these tools as I could be.

Guest mafted

why should we care so much when Rich obviously doesn't? i often wonder this.

i'm excited as hell at the idea of a new album but am beginning to wonder why i buy anything at all by him. it's like a big joke. the guy makes millions upon millions and shits on his fans.. i'll take that $30 i spent for AB4 , thank you.

i'm excited as hell at the idea of a new album but am beginning to wonder why i buy anything at all by him. it's like a big joke. the guy makes millions upon millions and shits on his fans.. i'll take that $30 i spent for AB4 , thank you.

Why do you think he shits on his fans? He's touring relatively much these days, had the tuss as last releases which was all pretty good stuff. Now it's announced there's a new album coming, and in that article they talked about the fact that it still needs to be mastered, so it will obviously take a while (and I'd rather wait extra then to have a shitty release every year or every few months). I'm glad enough he still hasn't quit while he easily could.

Now BoC... théy shit on their fans. *hides*

bewarethefriendlyfoil, please send warp a mail asking the release date of the next aphex twin album

(son...i am dissapoint)

Well I would love to send them an e-mail on the behalf of Watmm, but which of these emails am I supposed to use

http://warp.net/records/general/contact#2

It's ridiculous!

Just wondering...Had any of you guys that had been listening to Aphex Twin before Drukqs and waiting for that album and speculating about it actually guessed what it would sound like? Or was it a complete surprise? I imagine we could be getting something so new here that we cant really anticipate it.

I remember at the time my friend with the highest bandwidth dl'd the drukqs leak, but most tracks would cutout after like a minute and a half, leaving me thinking that was just how the new album rolled. each track would sorta start roaring then abruptly end... I just thought the tunes were in the same vein as the ephemeral girl/boy mixes. imagine my joy @ the track lengths on the actual release.

Guest mafted

Why do you think he shits on his fans? He's touring relatively much these days, had the tuss as last releases which was all pretty good stuff. Now it's announced there's a new album coming, and in that article they talked about the fact that it still needs to be mastered, so it will obviously take a while (and I'd rather wait extra then to have a shitty release every year or every few months). I'm glad enough he still hasn't quit while he easily could.

i guess it's more of the music industry that he ignores, which i can totally understand.. but he doesn't want the credit for the Tuss and barely seems to enjoy the credit for his own work.. like it's a distraction or something. that's what i don't understand. he probably thinks totally opposite of that.. so yea.

bewarethefriendlyfoil, please send warp a mail asking the release date of the next aphex twin album

(son...i am dissapoint)

Well I would love to send them an e-mail on the behalf of Watmm, but which of these emails am I supposed to use

It's ridiculous!

try sending an email to ALL of them

i guess it's more of the music industry that he ignores, which i can totally understand.. but he doesn't want the credit for the Tuss and barely seems to enjoy the credit for his own work.. like it's a distraction or something. that's what i don't understand. he probably thinks totally opposite of that.. so yea.

Did you buy AB4 on vinyl or CD? I got a CD of it recently for 6 dollars. Secondly, why would it bother you that he isn't hyping the shit out of himself and promoting his work at every turn? Everyone else does that. The air of mystery just adds to the mystique surrounding his music. Why would he ruin that? It works so much better than straight promotion, and he doesn't have to lift a finger. I wouldn't call that shitting on his fans. He doesn't owe anyone anything. You can either buy his music or not. I don't think it matters to him one bit. He would still go on making it.

As an aside, I personally think the "millions upon millions" thing is quite exaggerated. I'm sure he does well for himself, but I doubt he has that much money.

(son...i am dissapoint)

It's ridiculous!

like it's that hard to send an email to multiple addreses

(son...i am dissapoint)

It's ridiculous!

like it's that hard to send an email to multiple addreses

grant at rephlex.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived