IGNORED

imagine being AFX's son

brian trageskin

you have access to all the gear, you're 16 years-old and your dad is god. he's sleeping, mama too, you go to a party and kill the dancefloor djing some of the old man's unreleased gems.

you're 22 now, papa showed you how to use the machines, you're starting to get as skilled as him. the year is 2028, robots are replacing humans, papa richard got cloned.

2046: afx is the new wagner, he's got his own festspielhaus. rushup edge has become a place of pilgrimage for fans all over the world.

2053: death of aphex twin. the heritage is yours, the clone is making some of the finest tunes ever heard by human ears. you have the power to change the world, but you take too much cocaine and you die. afx's clone is still there, he has no conscience but keeps doing gigs and releasing albums.

2101: afx's clone controls the earth, drukqs 2 is out on warp. humans kill themselves when they hear the music.

10044: it was all a dream and you were in a coma for 8000 years. you look at yourself in a mirror and what do you see: you are actually harry potter.

. rushup edge has become a place of pilgrimage for fans all over the world.

In which travelling Gypsies play the album on repeat... all day everyday.

rich: son! unlock this door right now! i raised you to be IDM and you're GONNA BE IDM, DAMMIT

lol

"put on your parachute pants, NOW!"

This is something interesting to think about. For some reason I imagine Richard's son being a totally worthless idiot who will be influenced by mainstream culture (as 95% of teenagers), even if richard forces him to ignore all of that. He will be just another regular kid listening to rihanna and kanye west. Or maybe he becomes one of those hipster idiots. In any case, I think richard's son is going to hugely dissapoint and just ignore everything his dad made, besides maybe listening to the couple of more user friendly tracks. I even imagine him selling unreleased tracks to pay for drugs and clothes.

Archived