IGNORED

Guilty pleasures, or cheese you like...

Guest Conor74

11 hours ago, Himelstein said:

The Cult is pretty awesome, the SNL performance they did back in the 80s was really good. I think it was “She Sells Sanctuary” which always reminded me of a mix between Danzig and Neu, or something haha

They are a band I always thought I should dive into but never did. Definitely always got a Danzig vibe from his vocals too… in a good way (I love all things Danzig, un-ironically).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of my guilty pleasures in that one. That bassline hook at 19 minutes is great, shame about the vocals.

Almost hot enough to escape this thread, it’s kinda like a jalapeño that fell into nacho cheese. Or an accidental jalapeño popper that ended up in a cheese stick order.

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1

• 3 months later...

Lime 3 is the one I picked up for a couple bucks that inspired that specific post.  They're really all good, though, in exactly the way that "Canadian Italo Disco" implies.

EDIT: I just realized the visuals from the livestreams I do with THawkins have featured a lot of heavily processed footage of 80s Vancouver lately, I wonder how much I was unconsciously inspired by this:

Edited by TubularCorporation

• 1 month later...

My toddler discovered youtube reels or whatever tf it is (basically, tiktok) and I walked by the livingroom and she was stuck on a vid playing this song. Mind you, it's only like 30 seconds of the track looped over and over. And the only distinguishable words I could make out initially was "hit the bong... hit bbbbbbong." 

Now my daughter is walking around saying "hit the bong" randomly. And, I'm also in love with this song even though it's terrible. I guess that's a win? *shrugs* 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was just thinking about it and while I've got nothing agains t Radiohead and like a lot of their albums I'd rather listen to Sailing by Christopher Cross than any Radiohead track I can think of.

this isn't good even in the context of this band's output but it has strong nostalgia value due to being released in 2002 in my final year of high school, with all the trials and trepidations that went along with that. strangely comforting to listen to even now. I recall looking forward to this album off the back of what was Pitchshifter's best output (1998's www.pitchshifter.com and then 2000's Deviant) and being disappointed.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:50 PM, iococoi said:

HURG!

Yeah. This Charles & Eddie track is in my top 3 of hated tracks of all time. I don’t know off the top of my head what the other 2 are, but this is definitely up there.

(Sorry _vow_of_silence)

Edited by beerwolf

On 5/8/2021 at 6:02 AM, Ivan Ooze said:

always end up with ghost when i had too much ?

Every couple years I forget that I just can’t with Ghost, and then I hear this song. Sounds like Lars Ulrich on drums and Weird Al on vox.  

I could probably live with the Al, but not the Lars. 

Of course I mean no offense; merely that I have not developed the palate for this particular fromage selection. 

Edited by baph