IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest kelvanE

this is some great music. the single track i can say that has GROWN on me the most is O=0. that is like the saddest melody ever made.

lol I was playing Ilanders to a girl who said she only listens to hardcore techno all day long

it was quite funny

she was surprised as I told her that her music is kind of slow and relaxing to me

Edited by o00o

lol I was playing Ilanders to a girl who said she only listens to hardcore techno all day long

it was quite funny

she was surprised as I told her that her music is kind of slow and relaxing to me

irl lol, as electronic music becomes more mainstream it becomes harder to explain IDM to electronic newbies. People will say they are huge into electronic music and will still be all like WTF when you show them some Ae :emotawesomepm9:

Guest extridium

it was quite funny

irl lol, as electronic music becomes more mainstream it becomes harder to explain IDM to electronic newbies. People will say they are huge into electronic music and will still be all like WTF when you show them some Ae :emotawesomepm9:

indeed

Yuop has this soundscape that seems to tower over any and every piece of music ever created.

So many tracks capture this cavernous feeling though, without losing sight of the intimate. For me this album is all about the SPACE these tracks create.

I was listening to see on see while this photo was taken some weeks ago:

26718_1410793634815_1381721912_1125119_1268957_n.jpg

it was a very intense to listen to it in these surroundings

Guest theSun

this album is about 3x more aquatic than oversteps and 10x more aquatic than unltilted.

ae are thirsty blokes

i'm 95% sure because of the light in this photo, that you're in NZ

Cap Gris-Nez, France

fuck, there goes that previously-failproof method

Fair enough, it sure does look like New Zealand!

We HAVE TO get this thread to 300! We're so close!

I'm learning to drive at the moment. I've recently got to the point where I'm confident enough to have some music playing while I drive. Oversteps was the first thing I played. It was nice to drive to :)

maybe. more of an analysis or something though ie. what is the actual difference (perceptible or not) between 16 and 24 bit versions? is there any way to do this? i'm guessing a 'stereo difference' style cancellation wouldn't work.

Edited by modey