IGNORED

Ceephax Now Booking USA Tour

superstix

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesus christ he better play a NYC show. (can't see why he wouldn't, but Wisp wasn't able to on his US tour either..)

NYC is weird for shows. Sometimes you can get them, sometimes not. You sort of either have to bank on a regular night booking you, or someone sorting out a proper one off show. I am sure there are promoters out there, but hunting them down and making sure everything is legit is a pain in the ass, so if the show isn't straight up offered to you out of the blue, it becomes a mission, and usually isn't worth it (for me at least. I live in the US and have been to NYC plenty of times, so I can't be fussed if setting up a gig is a trial).

Hey Reid, how open are you to the idea of playing a one off show with Ceephax in Chicago? What would need to happen to make that possible?

Yes, not the smart bar because I can't get in hahaha I'm under 21. We need to make this all ages or at least 18+ or whatever. I don't mind Reggie's. That's where I've seen VSnares and I like the venue well enough. Any other ideas? What's a dingy place?

Who else should play? We should get Reid to come too.

under 21 as well, 18+ would be greatly appreciated. Wisp should definitely play

I want the show in cali to be under 18

:emb:

I really hope it's under 21 as well. :x

Damn right! Alright midwest motherfuckres, lets put our heads together. We need a venue, more artists on the lineup, and we gotta promote this mother. We gotta find out how much Ceephax will need to grace us as well. Do you think all costs will be covered or are we looking at losing money in the endeavor?

I would take lead of the Facebook charge if I had better grips on Chicago myself. I'm 3 hours to the south east of Chicago, but still make the trip up there fairly regularly for shows. I just really want this to happen and I'm willing to do whatever I can to contribute to the cause. Ceephax Acid + Midwest WATMM meetup :wtf:

Nice one for the Americanoz. He's playing here in a week. Apparently we have to dress up all 80's style. I don't have any 80's clothes 'cause I wasn't born yet.

Guest iamabe

Has anyone seen the documentary "Speaking In Code"? Well, if not, it's a hilariously good movie about techno obsession and it features a guy who got Modeselektor to play at a Boston Elk's lodge (that's where I got the idea). They even rented a moose mascot costume for the party. The Modeselektor guys were privately interviewed and said that they are used to playing bigger crowds now with better support (there were no power converters for their 220V kit, lol) but that it was an awesome time anyway because everyone was so up for it.

this is why he should come to boston please

with wisp

bring anyone else IDM if you can fit them in the trunk

also, cute film, watched it a few weeks ago. though the female narrator was a little aggravating, in my opinion.

any movie that stresses how electronic-musically impoverished Boston is is a worthwhile film.

i'll mark another one up for seattle. hopefully he plays somewhere in the northwest. also, we could have "trashbear: the gulf of mexico" and make a stage out in the water, metalocalypse style. now where to find helicopters...

Guest Drahken

Yea hoping for Seattle over Portland but either one will do. Usually IDM shows seem to happen in the winter when I can't make it over the pass or am too busy with work so I'm stoked for this.

Guest jackbrown76

somebody book this dude in denver,we need something other than the hipster bullshit "dance parties"

check it out

Hello there.

this is a rough schedule I've knocked up based on the fact

that I will be driving from East to West over three weeks.

ROUGH SCHEDULE

Weekend 1 Aug 13th NY/Philly/Baltimore Area

WEEK 1 Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Columbus

Weekend 2 Aug 20th Chicago/Dtroit Area

WEEK 2 Kansas City, Minneapolis, Milwaukee

Weekend 3 Aug 27th Seattle/Portland/Vancouver Area

WEEK 3 Holiday week/ ??

Weekend 4 Sept 3rd San Fran/LA Area

Do you have a night or know of a night ? Please contact me !!

hardcore_crouton@ceephax.co.uk

Here's a map showing a rough route based on offers already recieved..

USA%20MAP.jpg

Guest ms-dos

that's pretty awesome. too bad for texas\colorado. i know there's much ceephax love around those parts. maybe try harder.

any movie that stresses how electronic-musically impoverished Boston is is a worthwhile film.

Agreed. Although, if you know where to look, there are plenty of IDM/Braindance parties with lots of people nodding and fingering their beards.

check it out

Hello there.

this is a rough schedule I've knocked up based on the fact

that I will be driving from East to West over three weeks.

ROUGH SCHEDULE

Weekend 1 Aug 13th NY/Philly/Baltimore Area

WEEK 1 Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Columbus

Weekend 2 Aug 20th Chicago/Dtroit Area

WEEK 2 Kansas City, Minneapolis, Milwaukee

Weekend 3 Aug 27th Seattle/Portland/Vancouver Area

WEEK 3 Holiday week/ ??

Weekend 4 Sept 3rd San Fran/LA Area

Columbus represent!

Archived