IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

ok, i think we should settle it then: how many indecent louie penis exposures will be too much to consider him an admirable, smart and funny dude?

there should be some sort of a scale: 1. "who cares?" 2. "yeah well, whatever". 3."hmmm" 4. "dude..." 5. "seriously wtf?!", he's still somewhere between 1 and 2 if you believe that article, so i'm not too bothered.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

ok, i think we should settle it then: how many indecent louie penis exposures will be too much to consider him an admirable, smart and funny dude?

there should be some sort of a scale: 1. "who cares?" 2. "yeah well, whatever". 3."hmmm" 4. "dude..." 5. "seriously wtf?!", he's still somewhere between 1 and 2 if you believe that article, so i'm not too bothered.

I bet he was drunk, if even true.

Garfunkel and Oates are cute though I'd be tempted to do the same tbqh

i had a really unsettling dream last night that the finale of this season of louie ended with him punching out a woman repeatedly until she actually died while the soundtrack from the Dark Knight when the firetruck is on fire played in the background

i had a really unsettling dream last night that the finale of this season of louie ended with him punching out a woman repeatedly until she actually died while the soundtrack from the Dark Knight when the firetruck is on fire played in the background

yowza mcbowza

I don't really get the outrage over the SNL bit? It was classic Louis CK.

As to the penis thing - really hope it's not true. Not cool to be taking out your cock when people don't want to see it.

yowza mcbowza

in the same dream Trent reznor was a very cocky dude who looked almost exactly like trent reznor but with the hairline from Broken era he spoke in a broken english armenian accent and was wearing a blazer with a black t-shirt under it. I think it was some kind of RBMA lecture and he was just saying shit that Gullimero del toro would say at press conferences like 'dats good shit man, fucking cool'

Guest bitroast

I don't really get the outrage over the SNL bit? It was classic Louis CK.

Sensationalist media journalists creating a story out of nothing

I think the writers have to walk a very narrow tightrope by trying to be lighthearted and amusing/not being too provocative. Imagine trying to make a social justice warrior and a guy in a suit laugh every week.

Hardly ever bothered with SNL since 2009, which was right after Tina Fey left if I remember right.

As for LCK, really enjoyed his series, at least the first season or so. Probably watched about ten episodes total so far. Saw a YT clip of him over a year ago doing a bang-up job of dominating some redneck heckler who made a half-assed insult regarding his baldness. The guy literally ended up getting laughed out of the theater.

is SNL usually torrented? I know everybody watches that shit on hulu these days, but i absolutely refuse to use that shit show of a website

Yeah, I grabbed that recent LCK episode from eztv.ch

Although to be fair the only really funny parts, the monologue and the talking black sketch, were already posted in this thread.

Also this is pretty great but it was cut for time and not aired as part of the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eCVirBPnkQ

is SNL usually torrented? I know everybody watches that shit on hulu these days, but i absolutely refuse to use that shit show of a website

Yeah, I grabbed that recent LCK episode from eztv.ch

Although to be fair the only really funny parts, the monologue and the talking black sketch, were already posted in this thread.

Also this is pretty great but it was cut for time and not aired as part of the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eCVirBPnkQ

lol.

there's been some good stuff in this season but dayum, episode 7 is the most boring thing i have ever seen, wtf?

you know, i'm a huge fan of louis ck, i think he's about as close as it gets to being a comic genius or whatever. but i've never been completely sold by the show. i think sometimes the format just comes across as way more ham-fisted or something. like, his stand-up has this basic moral foundation where he plays with the boundaries of morality and immorality in order to make what i think are complex points about society and people or whatever. but in the show it's often just kinda one-dimensional. i'm thinking of the episode where he punches the rich girl for example...the premise was absolutely hilarious and weird but then it ended with this super heavy handed "rich people fuck the little man" scene. also the fat girl episode...i think it's cool that he opened up the discussion but it also just came off like a salon article or something. and i know i'm completely in the minority here but i thought the dream episode was cheesy. again, i think it's cool that he's exploring that shit in his series but imo it came off like an undergrad version of david lynch. wow, aren't dreams like SO WEIRD. OMG THAT GUY WITH THE FACE. dude, aren't dreams totally like that with like your dick is a swirl and shit and you totally get up in front of a crowd and everyone totally fucking hates you and your dick is out and weird?!?

but i think maybe i just have fucked expectations here. i've followed his career as a standup comedian for many years now and he refined that shit to really amazing artistic levels. maybe he just hasn't quite gotten there with the tv format or something. i still like it but i'm not as much of a fanboy as i am with his standup.

there's been some good stuff in this season but dayum, episode 7 is the most boring thing i have ever seen, wtf?

yeah, the bit with the driver was ok, but the stuff in the airport was pretty dull.

yeah, the bit with the driver was ok, but the stuff in the airport was pretty dull.

for me,the driver stuff felt too familiar,def a point that has been made.. and there was no story

for me,the driver stuff felt too familiar,def a point that has been made.. and there was no story

sure, we've seen him on the road before, they pulled it off well though, thought the driver actor was good as well. but yeah, there was no story, it sounded like there could have been though, based off the phone call with his agent, but they went nowhere with that, maybe that'll be the next episode?

you know, i'm a huge fan of louis ck, i think he's about as close as it gets to being a comic genius or whatever. but i've never been completely sold by the show. i think sometimes the format just comes across as way more ham-fisted or something. like, his stand-up has this basic moral foundation where he plays with the boundaries of morality and immorality in order to make what i think are complex points about society and people or whatever. but in the show it's often just kinda one-dimensional. i'm thinking of the episode where he punches the rich girl for example...the premise was absolutely hilarious and weird but then it ended with this super heavy handed "rich people fuck the little man" scene. also the fat girl episode...i think it's cool that he opened up the discussion but it also just came off like a salon article or something. and i know i'm completely in the minority here but i thought the dream episode was cheesy. again, i think it's cool that he's exploring that shit in his series but imo it came off like an undergrad version of david lynch. wow, aren't dreams like SO WEIRD. OMG THAT GUY WITH THE FACE. dude, aren't dreams totally like that with like your dick is a swirl and shit and you totally get up in front of a crowd and everyone totally fucking hates you and your dick is out and weird?!?

but i think maybe i just have fucked expectations here. i've followed his career as a standup comedian for many years now and he refined that shit to really amazing artistic levels. maybe he just hasn't quite gotten there with the tv format or something. i still like it but i'm not as much of a fanboy as i am with his standup.

wipes tear

yes to this. having complete 100% creative control over usually collaborative work can create feelings of one-dimensional "DONT YOU GET WHAT IM DOING HERE"

Archived