IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

I wonder how much this refund hurts skam financially... top move, though, and I'll definitely be re-ordering.

not nearly as much as it would if they had told the customers to go fuck themselves instead of offering the refund

or saying something like, those who want a refund please get in touch... otherwise, keep the shitty quality cock up and be happy for us..

reminds me of something else!

have you gotten in touch with Warp yet about it? i'm pretty sure Warp will probably wait for customers to get in touch with them, rather than doing the right thing and announcing a recall.

nah not yet. this is the first i've heard about the vinyl being defective, is here.

it's the end of the day now, tho.... i'll email Bleep tomorrow. no rush.

need to check me bank tho.

also, as Skam have already announced it, Warp don't really need to, eh..

Edited by sirch

by that logic, if Sony manufacture a defective television that explodes, that you just happened to have bought through Currys, you wouldn't expect Currys to issue a recall because Sony had already mentioned it on their website?

then again, i guess it all depends on if Skam has alerted the other distributors to the problem.

i'd definitely email them, pointing them in the direction of the announcement. if you've not received the record yet, they'll probably ask you to wait for it to arrive and then listen to it to make sure

on a side note, those who ordered the CD version - is the case anything special, like the Video Club EP? any goodies inside?

by that logic, if Sony manufacture a defective television that explodes, that you just happened to have bought through Currys, you wouldn't expect Currys to issue a recall because Sony had already mentioned it on their website?

then again, i guess it all depends on if Skam has alerted the other distributors to the problem.

lol, Sony and Curry's are very different companies to Warp and Skam!

they're HUGE.

Warp and Skam are maties, mere independant record labels.

i'd definitely email them, pointing them in the direction of the announcement. if you've not received the record yet, they'll probably ask you to wait for it to arrive and then listen to it to make sure

no refund from Bleep/Warp yet. no email announcement. no record. no nothing.

typical.

what a cock up!

actually, osc, you're right. Warp should have announced it by now, too. dunno what i was thinking.

they could've/should've said something today on the site, or sent out a short mass email to everyone. not hard to do.

i guess this just goes to show that Warp are still very 'independant', tho. and not a huge corporate company, like Sony, who'd be all over it in an instant.

but having said that, Skam managed an announcement! and they're little fish compared to Warp. so....

sort it out, Warp/Bleep ppl's !!!!

even tho i only order it last Thursday and that more than likely doesn't count as a pre-order, i still expected to receive it early this week.

especially seeing as i live less than 2hrs from London (that's if the rekkids are being sorted and mailed from there by the warpmart bleep-bots).

to hear absolutely nothing from them on the day of its supposed release is shite service to say the least.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i don't know if this has been touched on , but i assume the call backs are for the preorder.... cause it comes out today right so the majority should not have been shipped yet ??? thanks

i don't know if this has been touched on , but i assume the call backs are for the preorder.... cause it comes out today right so the majority should not have been shipped yet ??? thanks

yeah, true.

maybe somebody at Bleep has been given the job of listening to a thousand records today just to check if they're ok, lol

i'm not too bothered about when i get it tbh. i'd just like to have been told what's going on if there's been a problem.

Guest AcrossCanyons

ive not had a mail or refund from skam yet, did you have to contact them or did they do it anyway?

i got an email (two actually) and one from paypal confirming the transaction. if you've not got one i'd shoot skam an email.

so.. what are people's favourites?

Mine so far (which particularly stand out upon the first few listens): sunsett everett, trademark ribbons of gold (love that climatic guitar riff towards the end at around 3:45), the murder cycles, seen enough and motions.

This album is definitely a grower. There's a lot going on in most of the tracks so I can see this album being taken in by my brain very slowly; the same way ae slowly creeps up to me over time.

even tho i only order it last Thursday and that more than likely doesn't count as a pre-order, i still expected to receive it early this week.

well, considering that the album only appeared on their site on Thursday (as far as I know), and you ordered before their 3rd September release date, it is a preorder. And not unreasonable to have expected it on your doorstep this morning.

thing is though, Bleep had it listed as being released on the 3rd September, so that was their release date.

Guest disparaissant

Mine so far (which particularly stand out upon the first few listens): sunsett everett, trademark ribbons of gold (love that climatic guitar riff towards the end at around 3:45), the murder cycles, seen enough and motions.

This album is definitely a grower. There's a lot going on in most of the tracks so I can see this album being taken in by my brain very slowly; the same way ae slowly creeps up to me over time.

gianasi, dpp39, the murder cycles, the violent breed... oh man it's yeah. you nailed it. usually by now i'm sick of an album but i just keep finding facets of it that i love. where the fuck did this even COME from?

after two rounds i´d say "sunset everett" and "gianasi".

think i'm gonna need a bit more time for this to sink in before i can give any definites.

but so far, a quick list:

Sunset Everett, Gianasi, Trademark Ribbons of Gold, Franco Zoom To Nowhere, Remote Control

think i'm gonna need a bit more time for this to sink in before i can give any definites.

but so far, a quick list:

Sunset Everett, Gianasi, Trademark Ribbons of Gold, Franco Zoom To Nowhere, Remote Control

also Seen Enough?

also The Murder Cycles.

got an email from Bleep today saying Skam have recalled all the vinyl as they've been subject to faulty manufacturing. but that they expect the new pressing to arrive within the next 2 weeks. so that's ok-ish. not too long to wait. :)

can't pick out any particular fav's yet. can't remember the names anyway! i'm rubbish with names. but Sunset Everett has been stuck in my head on loop since Friday night! lol. listened to it on repeat here, but not since then. will have to have another VHS Head session soon. like maybe now.

got an email from Bleep today saying Skam have recalled all the vinyl as they've been subject to faulty manufacturing. but that they expect the new pressing to arrive within the next 2 weeks. so that's ok-ish. not too long to wait. :)

can't pick out any particular fav's yet. can't remember the names anyway! i'm rubbish with names. but Sunset Everett has been stuck in my head on loop since Friday night! lol. listened to it on repeat here, but not since then. will have to have another VHS Head session soon. like maybe now.

nice one for the heads up...2 weeks isn't that bad of a wait really.

Remote Control, the fucking vocal samples and start-stop percussion = :emotawesomepm9:

This release sounds better and better after each listen

I'm currently really enjoying the murder cycles -- especially the frantic beginning

I hope who ever this is/who ever they are, they keep releasing new material and don't fade away too soon after this album

that particular vocal sample is 9 minutes into part 2/10 on youtube.

god what an awful awful turd of a movie. i probably have not seen this since i was like 8 and i should definitely keep it that way.

That movie was good!