IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

• 2 weeks later...

remote control is very cool. the whole album sounds like a akufen/ team doyobi collaboration.

indeed!!!, there is an Akufen similarity in some parts!!!

apparently Akufen's "My way" album (2002) is just made of microsamples taken from fm radio

I'm enjoying it A LOT now, I downloaded it like 3 years ago but never listened to it properly, maybe just the first tracks, I'm glad I rediscovered it again, now everybody go and check it, it's excellent

• 4 weeks later...

Well nearly the end of December now. This was album of the year for me. Haven't heard anything with such a sense of identity and beauty since BOC's debut back in 1998.

Guest Makinami

I would like to share my feelings of love to WATMM for being the only website that promotes the existence of this magnificent album. Maybe the media press are all the same shit, reviewing the same albums all over, but you don't

I luv you watmm

I would like to share my feelings of love to WATMM for being the only website that promotes the existence of this magnificent album. Maybe the media press are all the same shit, reviewing the same albums all over, but you don't

I luv you watmm

Agreed. Not that I'd love to see this go mainstream, but it's really an accessible album with a great sound.

I'm sure I've given this more listens than any other album this year. It's really a shame that it was ignored by the press... oh well

On an unrelated note, I also just remembered this page, referenced earlier in this thread, that contains some very similar work:

Holy crap charlie is the his old soundcloud or something? Or is it a massive coincidence that its a person from Blackpool too? Tracks are unreal!

Edited by chassis

Guest bitroast

Holy crap charlie is the his old soundcloud or something? Or is it a massive coincidence that its a person from Blackpool too? Tracks are unreal!

i've heard a few other soundclouds and artists that've been rumoured or suggested to being vhs head. this soundcloud i am absolute convinced. some of the songs have edits which sound rather identical /incredibly similar to that on the album. plus, i'm getting the same HOLY FUUUUCK reaction to these tracks. thanks heaps for posting, this stuff's fucken wicked.

It certainly sounds like him, doesn't it?

Probably is. Hes friends with VHS on myspace.

Guest Scrambled Ears

missed the boat...good album...very heavy but i dont know if I can say most of these tracks constitute what I would call a song... interesting but I don't understand how people have this on repeat

missed the boat...good album...very heavy but i dont know if I can say most of these tracks constitute what I would call a song... interesting but I don't understand how people have this on repeat

this is how i feel. then again, glitch is a dead horse, sooooooo

some people get it, some people don't. you fit into the category that doesn't.

why do some people think that everyone on watmm has to listen to and like the same shit?

your statement would be applicable if this album were glitch. but it isn't.

well my-five-disc-cd-changer-is-skipping isn't a genre dude

well my-five-disc-cd-changer-is-skipping isn't a genre dude

Sample-core

:cisfor:

Guest Scrambled Ears

kind of an elitist cop-out...but what can you expect

at least its not as gimmicky as the helicopter string quartet

edit: which I totally don't get either

Edited by Scrambled Ears

Guest AcrossCanyons

some people get it, some people don't. you fit into the category that doesn't.

why do some people think that everyone on watmm has to listen to and like the same shit?

If you want to stop coming across as such a cunt try re-reading your posts before you press add reply.

Still dig this record but don't play it often, maybe it'll click again in the future. Top 11 - 15 of the year imo. :sorcerer: