IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

That cover of Wicked Game is so bad, is there a worst genre of music than classic songs played slowly on acoustic guitars then sung in that way?

It's a lot better when you can watch at your own pace. I gave up a couple eps into season 1 when it first aired. Even now, as a fan of the show, I find watching it week to week kinda crap.

Good point, especially last season was a chore to watch week by week, ending just as the episodes got going.

I am still yet to see Series 5 - I somehow managed to resist watching any of it and I believe my blu-ray copy will be out to me in the post in the next few days (am I the only person in the world who still orders physical copies??)

Aside from the obvious John Snow related event in Series 5 (which has been spoiled by pretty much everyone reporting on series 6 in the media) I think I pretty much managed to stay oblivious to what happens so it will be good to binge watch the entire series fresh - I did this with S3 and S4 too.

Week by week watching sucks, I really enjoy Netflix-style releases like Orange. But there's no way in hell I'll be able to hold off an episode at airtime.

shame this show makes us suffer so by making us wait years between seasons and whole weeks between episodes, must mean it's pretty good... /firstworldproblems

Try reading the fucking books bruv.

shame this writer makes us suffer so by making us wait years between books, must mean it's pretty good... /firstworldproblems

Try having a life bruv.

Fixt^2

obviously I can't read this thread but just biked in to say I just finished watching episode 9/10 of Season 3

episode 9 was pretty damn heavy (the wedding slaughter), I can honestly say I wasn't expecting that....

that little cunt Joffery and the rest of his cunting family (apart from Tyrion) will hopefully one day die by the hand of Arya (her relationship with Sandor is great stuff)

Over and out....

I'm gonna try to skip this season and wait for the next book instead.

I did see the show first (seasons 1 & 2), then read the books, but goddamn, reading Storm of Swords before seeing that content on TV was a great experience. The red wedding hit me so hard. Would have had a lot less impact if I'd just watched it. Books 4 and 5 do have more filler, but they're still good, and preferable to the increasingly dumbed-down TV version. Also the show made some pretty drastic changes to the story last season, some of them understandable, some unnecessary and annoying. Still hoping for Winds of Winter later this year.

Archived