IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

yeah that was some jarring introduction of some elements the series hasn't bothered with for quite some time.

I know what's going on because I've read the books but my lady was lost.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it me, or does this season feel a bit "off" so far? things feel rushed somehow, like there's less thought put into certain events.

earlier seasons seemed to move at a much slower pace, while in this one we get several seemingly random character deaths in a single episode, weird "comedic" dialogue and even the music feels out of place at times.

even the sets / lighting looks cheaper somehow. as does the CGI / green screen stuff.

mainly though im annoyed with the faster pace. like something absolutely crazy has to happen in every episode, instead of slowly setting things up.

I don't think it's faster, just that more "things" happen. It stil feels to me like all build up and no payoff, sprinkled with a few lil twists and cheese. There's only like 4 episodes left right? what could possibly happen by then at the pace they're going?

is it me, or does this season feel a bit "off" so far? things feel rushed somehow, like there's less thought put into certain events.

earlier seasons seemed to move at a much slower pace, while in this one we get several seemingly random character deaths in a single episode, weird "comedic" dialogue and even the music feels out of place at times.

yeah, the beginning of the last episode was actually slower and more developed and more well cooked that the rest of the current season, but then they started cramming up a lot of stuff.

Yeah, it feels a bit overstuffed and rushed. They could've easily doubled the length of this season (so far) to give the events some more depth.

Nah, last episode was great. Shit moved forward, and it wasn't all cut scenes. But they still have way too many character arcs to get through.

basicaly there is no mystery left to this show atall. jon snow and daenarys are ultimately the two main protagonists, arya has fucked off the many faced god peeps who basicaly ended up as glofiried assassins, bran has already clocked onto what is going into the north. i actually no longer care, obviously they are all going to collide in some way but im just left not really giving a shit how. most of the best fantasy tales leave some kind of, well, fantastical element to be confusing and unexplained till the very end, but im realy not feeling that with GOT atall. im actually kind of gutted i ruined the next book by being unable to not watch the show, the books pacing and intrigue was a shitload more appealing to me.

even the sets / lighting looks cheaper somehow. as does the CGI / green screen stuff.

I feel like there are fewer and fewer wide shots of landscape (daenerys plot being the exception) this season that seems to make the CGI stand out more. Also, I don't really dig the way they made the children of the forest look more alien and avatar-ish.

i'd love to edit that scene at the end to show how khallesi's "shouting" wouldn't carry across that crowd

Had the same thought.

That reminds me of Life of Brian where they're trying to hear what Jesus is saying from way off, which is totally how it would of been IRL

Tommen's alliance announcement was the biggest denied climax of the season so far - I don't like the Lannisters much but I was waiting to see them smash the shit out of those religious thugs. In hindsight I should of seen it coming, it's very akin to Constantine's pivotal conversion to Christianity as a Roman emperor or the later Holy Roman Empire of the West in the 900s

mainly though im annoyed with the faster pace. like something absolutely crazy has to happen in every episode, instead of slowly setting things up.

for me the the season before was so slow that nothing really happend even so they where doing many things all the time (endless pointless torturing by ramsey for example). this season is much better as they are actually moving forward.

If this was last season:

Arya would probably still be begging, or maybe had just started "training".

Jon woul've left castle back to mope around all by himself in the middle of nowhere.

Sansa and Theon would've been captured again either by ramsey or a third party.

The road to Vaes Dothrak would've been full season length.

cant complain, i love this show. Agreed on the children of the forest looking stupid, but i seem to enjoy the northern scenes much more than the desert landscapes. I thought the stand out performance was Lord Walder Frey ..David Bradley, what a great actor. Love the white walkers. I really thought the way the Three-eyed raven ripped to tatters was incredibly done. Very dreamy stuff. Excellent costumes. The show is a lot like real history and im constantly trying to guess which episode is inspired by what era. Agreed it does have many characters to shove in there which makes the show seem cramped a bit.

Hound's comeback was the highlight of the season for me. Maybe he'll face off against Greg after teaching the brothers a lesson? Something was very off about Arya's bit, probably more to it than was presented.

Does it bother anyone else that no one cared to show the actor playing Sandor/The Hound how to swing a fucking axe properly? I usually don't care about details like this in movies/tv shows...but when half the plot revolves around killing people with axes and swords, you would think someone would have noticed it. Especially given that The Hound is regarded as one of the deadliest characters in the series.

JUST SAYIN

Tommen's alliance announcement was the biggest denied climax of the season so far - I don't like the Lannisters much but I was waiting to see them smash the shit out of those religious thugs. In hindsight I should of seen it coming, it's very akin to Constantine's pivotal conversion to Christianity as a Roman emperor or the later Holy Roman Empire of the West in the 900s

You might've spoken too soon

wkgJvAY.jpg

lol @ thanks robert moses & chen

yeah I kinda agree with data, the CGI looks really crappy as well in places recently.

Especially in the last episode when they were standing close to the castle wall (Riverrun I think) on the bridge and the lighting wasn't right at all. You could almost see a green glow lol

and goddamn last episode was full of cliffhangers

Does it bother anyone else that no one cared to show the actor playing Sandor/The Hound how to swing a fucking axe properly? I usually don't care about details like this in movies/tv shows...but when half the plot revolves around killing people with axes and swords, you would think someone would have noticed it. Especially given that The Hound is regarded as one of the deadliest characters in the series.

JUST SAYIN

When Lovejoy says 'In all my days I've never seen a man swing an axe like that.' I thought - what? that badly!

Archived