IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Just finished season five of game of thrones. I wasn't so keen on this season, just seemed fucking depressing, stagnant and going nowhere, maybe it was my current state of mind or I had burnt out on it? I understand that perhaps there needs a middle chunk of the stories being told, still dunno if all the (too many?) different plot lines are wearing thin. All the usual characters seemed very subdued.

Then last night I finally rolled round to episode 8......

That saved the whole season imo. If it wasn't for the White Walkers I'd have dumped the whole thing a long time ago, that last 25 minutes was bloody amazing.

Over and out ('cause of spoilers)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was fucking awesome. It was such a dreadful and eerie scene as they paddled away from the bank as thousands of blue eyes stared back at them.

very much so, it was really well done

glad Samwell Tarley (whos one of my favorite characters) left to study books at the library when he did otherwise him and his girl would of been in big trouble once Jon was killed, I think Mr Tarley is going to important in the future, or I hope so

• 2 weeks later...

20+ main characters, each episode shows 5 minutes of any given story line. every season shows a week or so of the story. how can i feel good about liking this.

The fact that it's able to even manage such a feat just speaks for how great the show is. Not to mention the amazing battle scenes, murders, acting, sets, attention to detail, etc. I wouldn't feel guilty about liking it at all. I can understand how people who have read the books may abandon the show now (without providing any spoilers they're basically caught up now, correct?).

The show is still great, and far better than the vast majority of other series out there (although this is an awesome time for TV imo).

So far the two first episodes of season 6 have been more entertaining than all of season 5 to me. I thought maybe I was done with this show, but nope. Back in!

yep. high expectations are high. finally proving/discarding some theories about the plot (books) this season? if so, this is going to be interesting, at least.

So far the two first episodes of season 6 have been more entertaining than all of season 5 to me. I thought maybe I was done with this show, but nope. Back in!

Interesting - I feel completely the opposite - season 6 feels totally disjointed so far, like there's no overarching plot holding shit together at the moment, just a series of vignettes. The last scene of episode 2 was really well done, even though you knew what was coming as soon as people started to leave the room.

Hoping it's a slow burn - after marathoning the first five seasons, this week-to-week shit is killing me.

Ah, well there you have it. Season 5 was the first season I didn't bingewatch. It's definitely better marathoning this show than taking one episode at a time. The story lines barely get going before it's over.

I was planning on waiting until the season had ended to watch, but it became too tempting.

I was planning on waiting until the season had ended to watch, but it became too tempting.

I know - plus all the people who spoil shit with no warning. Browsing through a reddit thread the other day before I'd watched episode 1 of Season 6 and someone was already on about Sand Snakes. Fucks sake people, have some common courtesy.

I mean at least here it's easy to avoid - shit is spoiled in the right place!

Anyhow - I suppose I'm being overly harsh - the first two episodes were still enjoyable as hell really - but how to compare to the last 4 episodes of Season 5?

20+ main characters, each episode shows 5 minutes of any given story line. every season shows a week or so of the story. how can i feel good about liking this.

The fact that it's able to even manage such a feat just speaks for how great the show is. Not to mention the amazing battle scenes, murders, acting, sets, attention to detail, etc. I wouldn't feel guilty about liking it at all. I can understand how people who have read the books may abandon the show now (without providing any spoilers they're basically caught up now, correct?).

The show is still great, and far better than the vast majority of other series out there (although this is an awesome time for TV imo).

From what I understand, on some plotlines the show is lagging behind and in others they are all caught up and working of notes from Gurrm. I guess some dropped plots might get fused in with new ones and so on. I guess book-readers can be less smug now that they don't know what will happen.

Thought season 5 was a bit naff. Not sure about the new one yet. Hopefully it will elaborate on the white walker threat. It's all apparently a really bad thing, but nothing really explains why and no one south of the wall seems to even be cognizant of it or care about it. I can still see the Dany plot being boring again and not going anywhere interesting, she's going to some old monastery for widows, how exciting.

Agree, it flows better.

Last season threw me, I didnt get into it til half way through, this seems more linear and coherent.

been some talk about how the dialogue has completely dropped in quality since its gone past the books now? interested if readers agree with that. have found it a bit stilted, especially lines like 'i prefer being a single child....' :cattears: very honest is right about the jumping around between scenes

still enjoying it a bit, but don't like how the older more interesting characters are getting killed of like bolton, he was once of the best characters so far.

also the less interesting the seaweed man near the end on a bridge (he could of turned around on), by his random brother apparently we were meant to remember from a brief conversation in season 2 or 3

for better or worse the show is increasingly turning more into this which might be better,....xena crossover needs to happen

meh although he's very talented at lore, George RR Martin isn't exactly the best writer style-wise, and that goes for dialogue. Plus, we might be past the books, but I'd place a solid bet on the show's producers and writers having access to the the next book(s) script.

the joe sno failed resurrection fakey was just so stupid, i mean was it really the best way they could think of doing it? even straight up resurrecting him while everyone was in the room spiced up with some cool sfx and weird magical shit would be preferable.

Ramsay Bolton is a savage fuck.

s a v a g e .

For real.

Also, when the giant plucked that archer from above and slammed him into the wall at Castle Black.

been some talk about how the dialogue has completely dropped in quality since its gone past the books now? interested if readers agree with that. have found it a bit stilted, especially lines like 'i prefer being a single child....' :cattears: very honest is right about the jumping around between scenes

still enjoying it a bit, but don't like how the older more interesting characters are getting killed of like bolton, he was once of the best characters so far.

also the less interesting the seaweed man near the end on a bridge (he could of turned around on), by his random brother apparently we were meant to remember from a brief conversation in season 2 or 3

for better or worse the show is increasingly turning more into this which might be better,....xena crossover needs to happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw

I think new episodes are more action driven. With a little bit of dialogue supporting the actions. Earlier episodes were more dialogue driven. Regardless of the quality of the dialogue, people had thoughts and spoke with eachother. Now they seem to just do stuff to push the narrative further. And dialogue has become as impotant as clothing.

And at points it seems like got has become its own satire. Scene after scene someone is murdered. Every new scene you basically know someone is getting butchered. The only question is how. Why doesnt even matter anymore.

Not too happy with the new episodes, im afraid. :(

Archived