IGNORED

So Tron Legacy Sucks right?

zazen

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had a whale of a time snorting ket on the back row of the imax watching this visual feast with the dude guiding the way

the 3d was hit and miss but i think the neon line style was probably the worse choice for 3d hence why they made things look a bit more solid than the 2008 teaser or original film. it also reiterated the fact that Cameron really knew what the fuck he was doing with the camera angles on avatar for effective 3d

just remember folks its a kids film with a dumbed down script and basic (but wortwhile) story aimed at 10-12yr olds so don't go in expecting the next matrix

I aint a sci-fi geek, so I have no big fucking chin to stroke.

All I know is I went to see this film at the Imax screen at Waterloo and wasn't expecting much and was totaly blown away. Yeah there's massive holes in the cheesy story line. Yeah it's all about the effects. But I sat there and was totaly happy for an hour or so. I thought it was brilliant, but I am no film critic or film snob. I only watch about 6 movies a year. I read, I surf the web and I listen to choons, the rest of my spare time is spent exercising outdoors and getting my heart-rate up. I don't have time to sit on my ass watching art house films, world cinema or some black and white Bulgarian film. So if I am going to sit on my ass and watch a film for 2 hours I like shit like Predator, Jaws, The Thing, Good Bad the Ugly. Dumb-ass films but 100% fucking entertaining.

So if you are worried about enjoying yourself and having a good time? I would avoid this film at all costs. The 2 birds in it are worth the asking price alone lol.

I almost walked out to get my $11.75 back....

the first part of the film isn't in 3D, Jeff Bridges' CGI face was terrible looking and the story was written by a marketing team....

some of the special effects were fun but not worth the money....

the 3D wasn't that impressive, made all of the characters in the shots look like they were placed there post production, which they probably were...

fuck Disney, I still love Pixar but fuck Disney in its mediocre banal ass!

obviosly Pixar should have just been the ones in charge of it, a Pixar tron would have actually memorable and not a weird marketing campaign blip after 10 years of production hell

I got one of these for christmas:

Tron-Controller-Xbox-360-650x365.jpg

Looks awesome. Does it have any other perks (better d-pad?) or just look pretty?

Wait, it's wired. Fuck that.

I saw the flick two nights ago. Thought it started ok but turned pretty shite once they were on the grid. Plus the fake Jeff was distracting. They *almost* pulled it together at the end

when real Jeff "forgave" fake Jeff

, that was actually pretty emotional. But it didn't make up for a stale feeling flick. Also the bitch with the big eyes can't act. Also the plot made no sense, as was pointed out in some review. Disappoint.

• 1 month later...
Guest El_Chemso

I just watched this because a friend has been waxing lyrical about it for ages. And OMG does it suck. Another awful sci fi. Just utter shit. Crap. Bollocks. I could do better with some plasticine.

Guest analogue wings

Yeah I watched it yesterday. For free cough cough.

Script: pretty much on par with the original (fun, meaningless sequence of gee whiz happenings), but with an added 40 minutes of super literal EXPLANATIONS OF EVERYTHING because the Matrix/ritalin generation cant deal with having to fill in gaps with their imagination.

Visuals: Fucking horrible. Take the original look. Add 30 years of potential. Subtract 30 years of design by committee and conservative corporate focus grouping. Divide by zero risk taking and art.

Sound: Daft Punk decided to prove they could do normal ordinary film music when the film's only shot at having an aesthetic identity (see above) was for them to just be Daft Punk. Easily the most disappointing album of 2010.

I think I went to the same theater. And let me tell you, I'm glad it was FREE. There were two things that got me somewhat sticking to my chair: hopes for some good Daft Punk moments, and that Mila Kunis look-a-like. Never been into the original, but at least it had some sense of discovering the secret world inside a computer. In legacy there's nothing to discover, apart for some woooo-moments for 12 year old boys.

Guest El_Chemso

What row were you both on as I was at that same Cinema!

What a load of toss. Disappointing. District 9 was good as was Children of men, not ground breaking but watchable good movies.

i watched this recently and really don't get all the massive hate it's getting, it's like people are either extreme tron/disney fanboys and praise it to no end, or act like it's as bad as the super mario bros movie and everything about it fucking sucks. plot-wise i didn't expect more than from its 30 year old predecessor either, it's a disney movie after all, and a big reason why i like the first movie is purely due to nostalgia. still, i enjoyed it for what it is, it's not like we're talking about the sequel to blade runner here.

same goes with daft punks score, i liked it, i didn't LOVE it, but considering they didn't have complete creative control over the visuals that usually go with their music this time, i think they did a good job and some tracks on it are really good.

what's equivocal about it? i said i enjoyed it. i didn't love it nor hate it, why does everything have to black or white? it's a fun but forgettable movie.

Guest analogue wings

what's equivocal about it? i said i enjoyed it. i didn't love it nor hate it, why does everything have to black or white? it's a fun but forgettable movie.

:emotawesomepm9:

i had a whale of a time snorting ket on the back row of the imax watching this visual feast with the dude guiding the way

the only time i've ever done ketamine at a movie theatre was for the 2nd X-files movie. big mistake

Guest El_Chemso

it's a fun but forgettable movie.

I could have taken it like that, like 2012 except for the hype it got from people I know that locked into my never ending optimize that hollywood would one day do a really really decent sci-fi that could just scrap everything we know and paint a rich world with a brilliant story line. I'm hoping the Battle of LA will be good I have high hopes, I haven't read anything about it but I'm hoping for it to be at least on par with War of the worlds.

Guest mrajh

just finished watching and now this thread

i loved the image and music too bad it wasnt more like interstellar 555

Archived