IGNORED

Daft Punk split after 28 years

Adamovich

That's a pity, daft punk 've been an inspiration for years.

I remember a show of summer '06 tour here in Barcelona, guys that was super massive.

Let's play some daft punk today

Edited by Diurn
  • Like 1

Maybe we'll get some more Stardust?

Bit sad, I've been listening to them quite a bit in recent times for some reason. Homework was fire, Discovery was disco-y, and RAM was such an emotional album. Fell off a bit after the first two, but those plus Alive 2007 are quality.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jules said:

wtflolbrbbbq at that walking-into-the-sunset-after-explosion video though...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800022/

15 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Maybe we'll get some more Stardust?

Bit sad, I've been listening to them quite a bit in recent times for some reason. Homework was fire, Discovery was disco-y, and RAM was such an emotional album. Fell off a bit after the first two, but those plus Alive 2007 are quality.

YESS this mashup rules (the nation):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brian Dance said:

Looking forward to their incredibly lucrative come back tour in 2 years time

I too remember LCD Soundsystem calling it quits in 2011 lol

Actually I think Daft Punk is truly done, I'm getting sincere "hey we're officially not doing this anymore, thanks" vibes akin to R.E.M. calling it quits. I appreciate them making it official.

As much as feel for sincere fans hoping for another tour I'm neither shocked nor particularly saddened. They've been pretty leisurely since the early 00s, raking in residual and merch money (and IIRC they were always fairly well off kids). 

It'd be cool if they do some house tracks as solo projects, their 12" under other aliases are among the best they've ever made

• Like 5

C. Homem, C.G. Homen, Christo, Christo Guy Manuel, De Homem Christo, Guillaume Emmanuel Paul, de Homem-Christo, De Homen - Chiristoi, De Homen - Christo, De Homen - Christoi, De Homen Christo, Dehomem-Christo, G De Homem-Cristo, G M Homen Christo, G M. De Mohem-Christo, G-M de Homem-Christo, G-M De Homem Christo, G-M De Homem-Christo, G-M. de Homem-Christo, G:M: de Homem/Christo, G. Christo, G. De Homem-Christo, G. De Homen-Christo, G. E. P. de Homem-Christo, G. Homem Christo, G. Homen-Christo, G. M. De Homem Christo, G. M. De Homem Cristo, G. M. De Homem-Christo, G. M. De Homen - Christo, G. Manuel, G. Manuel De Homem Christo, G. Manuel de Homem-Christo, G.-M. De Homem-Christo, G.E.P. de Hormem-Christo, G.M De Homem-Christo, G.M. de Homem, G.M. de Homem - Christo, G.M. de Homem Christo, G.M. de Homem-Christo, G.M. DeHomem-Christo, G.M. DeHomen-Christo, G.M.De Homem-Christo, G.M.De Homen/Christo, G.Mauel De Homm, GM De Homem Christo, GM de Homem-Christo, GM deHomem-Christo, GM. de Homem-Christo, GM.De Homem-Christo, GMDHC, Guillaume Emmanuel de Homem-Christo, Guillaume Emmanuel Paul de Homem Christo, Guillaume Emmanuel Paul de Homem-Christo, Guillaume Homem, Guillaume Homem Christo, Guillaume Homen Christo, Guy Christo, Guy Maneul De Hmem, Guy Manuel de Hemem Christo, Guy Manuel De Hemen Christo, Guy Manuel de Homem Christo, Guy Manuel de Homem-Christo, Guy Manuel De Homem-Cristo, Guy Manuel De Homen Christo, Guy Manuel De Homen-Christo, Guy Manuel de Homen-Cristo, Guy Manuel Di Homem-Cristo, Guy Manuel Homem Christ, Guy Manuel Homem Christo, Guy Manuel Homen-Cristo, Guy-Manuel, Guy-Manuel de Hom, Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo, Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo, Guy-Manuel de Homen-Christo, Guy-Manuel De Hormem-Christo, Guy-Manuel De-Homem Christo, Guy-Manuel Homem Christo, Guy-Manuel-Homem-Christo, Guyman, Guymanuel de Homem Cristo, H.Christo, G Emmanuel, Homem Christo, Homem-Christo, Homen-Christo

and

Angalter, Balgalter, Bangalter, Bangalter, Thomas, Draft Ponk, T, Bangalter, T,Bangalter, T. Banalter, T. Bangalater, T. Bangalter, T. Banghalter, T. Banglater, T.A. Bangalter, T.B., T.Bangalter, T.Banglater, Th.Bangalter, Thomas, Thomas Bancalter, Thomas Bangaltar, Thomas Banghalter, Thomas Banglater, Thomas Bengalter, Tomas Bangalter

are no longer

D.P., D**T P**K, Da Funk, Da Phunk, Daff Punk, Daft P., Daft Pank, Daft Punk's, DaftPunk, Darf Punk, Datt Punk, DP, The Daft Punk, ダフト・パンク, 傻瓜庞克, 傻瓜庞克乐团, 傻瓜朋克, 傻瓜龐克

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 2

pretty indifferent about this TBH. like others mentioned, they were a gateway drug into electronic music back in '97/'98, but I haven't been a fan in quite some time. the Tron soundtrack had some good moments...think that was the last thing I've heard by them.

and it's not like they're dead. I'm sure they will do solo stuff and then have a comeback tour in like 2050.

• Like 1

Never liked them. Probably the most over-hyped band ever. It's good too see that many on here found their way into electronic music through Daft Punk.

I'm sure many of those folks have now found out that there is supremely better music in almost every way to be heard from other artists.

And those fucking outfits and helmets. Good way to shift the focus away from their naff music. Just my opinion. Don't flame me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stock said:

Really gutted about this, was a massive Daft Punk fan back in high school when Alive 2007 released, it was the first electronic band I listened to, my parents hated this kind of music at first, I had to listen to bangers such as Rollin' & Scratchin' at a very low volume... They led me to Ed Banger, which led me to Institubes which led me to Warp and the WATMM world.

I have similar memories of that time, remember being blown away by Alive 2007 as well (that was back in middle school, wasn't into electronic music that much back then apart from a few one-offs), and yeah the whole Daft Punk -> Ed Banger -> Warp -> Rephlex/Hyperdub/Planet Mu/etc. evolution applies to me as well

Looking back, I think the whole robot persona thing and their visual aestheatic was a big part of their appeal for me as well, they seemed to distance themselves from the usual pop stars where it was all about looks/attractiveness (nothing new of course, but that was way before I was exposed to more private/reclusive artists like Afx or BoC)

• Like 2

I haven't listened to much of their stuff TBH, but I still remember that music vid of Da Funk from back in 1997 - my first encounter. All I remember is that there was some dude in a dog costume talking up this blond chick in some city at night, although it's unclear what their relationship was.

Anyway, live long and prosper Bros

This Korvax entity is our bro definitely : NoMansSkyTheGame

• Like 1