15. "Solar Sailer" 2:42

16. "Rectifier" 2:14

17. "Disc Wars" 4:11

18. "C.L.U." 4:39

19. "Arrival" 2:00

20. "Flynn Lives" 3:22

21. "Tron Legacy (End Titles)" 3:18

22. "Finale"

massively, massively, MASSIVELY disappointing.

what a perfect opportunity to go well outside the box on a score... and it was completely squandered.

not blaming daft punk at all... but this score is just the same old re-hashed harry-gregson-williams wanna be orchestral poncing about with a bit of analogue synth noodling and bitcrushing thrown in for good measure to keep it "electronic-y".

wendy carlos' score for the first film was fantastically epic... for me, that was largely because half the time i couldn't tell if i was hearing real orchestral instrument or synthetic elements, which matched the concept of the film perfectly. not to mention that thematically and compositionally speaking it was very creative and different.

this is just "the dark knight" score with bleepy loops on top. there are a few decent efforts, like "the son of flynn", but overall, i'm gutted. REALLY had hoped for more.

hollywood is so very very afraid to go outside the box and do amazing things. although i get it... as many internet randoms will quickly attest, "IT'S A BUSINESS! THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY!"... there's no money in doing amazing things, only in doing things good enough to please the unwashed masses.

i'm going to try to keep my hopes up for the film all the same. lisberger was involved, and i haven't heard about him killing himself yet... so there's hope...?

They should have gotten Gerald Donald (Dopplereffekt/Arpanet/Der Zyklus) instead, think about it.

well, considering the film is gonna be pretty shit anyway, i don't think that would be a good idea.

i agree with you though, that if there were to be a good TRON sequel, Gerald Donald would have to do the score

Guest analogue wings

They should have gotten Gerald Donald (Dopplereffekt/Arpanet/Der Zyklus) instead, think about it.

i was thinking this too

DP played it real safe on this. i'm thinking film music is their retirement plan for when novelty costume stadium house isn't cool anymore. hence they made a really straight "film musicky" score to show the hollywood suits they can do the bizzy

It's much more "this is a soundtrack" than I would have expected, but it's not that bad. Just pretty bland and seems like it could work for really any movie based around technology stuff.

well, considering the film is gonna be pretty shit anyway, i don't think that would be a good idea.

i agree with you though, that if there were to be a good TRON sequel, Gerald Donald would have to do the score

You're basing this opinion off what? I take it you haven't seen the film.

You're basing this opinion off what? I take it you haven't seen the film.

basing it on the fact that the film looks pretty pedestrian from the clips and trailers i've seen.

I'm currently falling in love with the track "Tron (End Titles)". Listened to a couple others witch are not that good though. Will buy the album anyway, maybe it works actually better when played from A to Z ??

• 6 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Tracks in order of appearance in film (some tracks appear multiple times and I've placed them where they appear in full, not just as excerpts):

1 of 31    Overture    
2 of 31    The Grid    
3 of 31    The Son Of Flynn    
4 of 31    Encom Part I    
5 of 31    Encom Part II    
6 of 31    Recognizer    
7 of 31    Armory    
8 of 31    Arena    
9 of 31    Round One    
10 of 31    Rinzler    
11 of 31    The Game Has Changed    
12 of 31    Outlands