IGNORED

Machinedrum - Room(s)

cear

Finally had a listen to this on YouTube, not loving it yet but it's got something that makes we want to come back again. I like its energy, it sounds pretty different to anything else I've heard, not heard any Juke/Footwork stuff before.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my pick for best track from the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82t_wZlV_3k

mad rhythm

Ye, either that or Lay Me Down.

Jah, U Don't Survive and Now U Know slay me every time, although the whole album is ace. Where Did We go Wrong is such a beautifully amazing closing track too, I can't bring myself to listen to it outside the context of the album as a whole.

album of the year

yep, at the very least in top 5. it's good to see md finally getting some props because he's always been an immensely talented producer, only up until now most of his stuff's been wrong place / wrong time. The Sepalcure album is excellent too but IMO just a notch below this one.

Also, this is the 1st release of his that ever "clicked" with me.

Yeah. I feel this way too. I haven't really heard his IDM stuff, but I have heard all of his other Machinedrum stuff, and he was basically at "worthy of staying in the library" level for me, but I never frequently played him or had any real favorites. Room(s) on the other hand, is getting a lot of play time from me, and Sacred Frequency, U Don't Survive, and GBYE are all serious favorites.

album of the year

At least top 5. Also, this is the 1st release of his that ever "clicked" with me.

completely agree, where a lot of his previous Machinedrum work, especially his stuff on Merck (which too often was indicitive of the whole label itself) seemed to heap a lot of common idm glitchery /stuttering over very laptoppy sounding hiphop beats. This new one has nothing specifically tricky or special effects laden about it it just has really good composition and catchy structure.

album of the year

At least top 5. Also, this is the 1st release of his that ever "clicked" with me.

completely agree, where a lot of his previous Machinedrum work, especially his stuff on Merck (which too often was indicitive of the whole label itself) seemed to heap a lot of common idm glitchery /stuttering over very laptoppy sounding hiphop beats. This new one has nothing specifically tricky or special effects laden about it it just has really good composition and catchy structure.

Yes.

eh--ah-oh-ah-burp-ah-eh-ah--oh-uh-ah-burp-eh-a-Chicago-Chicago-Chicago-Chicago ...

What is that first song saying?

Love this ablum & so does my wife!

Guest ruiagnelo

I cannot stop listening to U Don't Survive. It is just so damn good.

my favorite from the record.

just an uplifting enery. never heard such a thing before

I was at a local record store today while christmas shopping, and I ran across this, and copy of DJ Nate Da Trak Genious, and as much as I would think it was funny to own a DJ Nate 2xLP, I had to go with Room(s).

Way cheaper than Planet Mu's price too.

fucking psyched to listen to it on my sound system.

Archived