IGNORED

Machinedrum - Room(s)

cear

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone done a roundup of all the footwork stuff electronic musicians have made inspired by people from Chicago? I just recently saw DJ Stingray put out something juke-ish but it didn't really catch my ear. ( http://boomkat.com/downloads/455812-stingray-enters-the-unknown-the-sadist# )

so besides Stingray, Machinedrum, Africa Hitech, Ital tek, who else?

Saw him perform last night, it was a great show. All new stuff, kind of a weird hybrid of juke, early drum and bass, and late 80s house. Definitely more in your face than the stuff on Room(s), although I love that album for what it is. Can't wait to hear what's next, this is my favorite stuff of his since his debut blew me away about 10 years ago.

has anyone done a roundup of all the footwork stuff electronic musicians have made inspired by people from Chicago? I just recently saw DJ Stingray put out something juke-ish but it didn't really catch my ear. ( http://boomkat.com/d...own-the-sadist# )

Definitely check out Sully, Patrice & Friends, and Distal. All great stuff mutating footwork into something different and exciting.

i think part of the reason the machinedrum album rooms stands out so much to me is he captures that same vibe without using an 808, maybe he does a couple times on the album but for some reason the overload of rapid fire 808 hihats makes some juke hard to enjoy

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Addison Groove?

I'm not so much into that though....

footcrabfootcrabfootcrabfootfootfootfootcrabfootcrabfootcrab

Saw him perform last night, it was a great show. All new stuff, kind of a weird hybrid of juke, early drum and bass, and late 80s house. Definitely more in your face than the stuff on Room(s), although I love that album for what it is. Can't wait to hear what's next, this is my favorite stuff of his since his debut blew me away about 10 years ago.

Pretty sure there's a new Tstewart album coming out in 2012, the luckyme free-track-a-day advent calendar chassis linked in this thread had a few as-yet unreleased tracks on it, although the calendar/tracks have since disappeared.

His Tstewart project sounds nothing like Room(s) or even most machinedrum for that matter, although living exponentially was a pretty awesome album (in a Four Tet-meets-Bola sort of way).

His Tstewart project sounds nothing like Room(s) or even most machinedrum for that matter, although living exponentially was a pretty awesome album (in a Four Tet-meets-Bola sort of way).

that's a pretty apt description, it's a really weird album.

wow i never heard of this stuff, will check out later. thanks cause in the moment i can't get enough from mr. machinedrum :emotawesomepm9:

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone done a roundup of all the footwork stuff electronic musicians have made inspired by people from Chicago? I just recently saw DJ Stingray put out something juke-ish but it didn't really catch my ear. ( http://boomkat.com/d...own-the-sadist# )

ramadanman did some very nice juke-inspired stuff.

that's a pretty apt description, it's a really weird album.

wow i never heard of this stuff, will check out later. thanks cause in the moment i can't get enough from mr. machinedrum :emotawesomepm9:

it's so weird, honestly. i don't know what to think of it. either :facepalm: or :happy: , i don't know.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived