IGNORED

David Lynch - Crazy Clown Time

Redruth

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Lynch is completely trolling at this point.

someone with photoshop skills to put a trollface on this one. please keep the cigarette, hair and headphones. the hipster trollface is about to be born.

david_lynch1.jpg

i cringed at the voice first, but i guess he tries to get that whole psychopathic clown dude thing going on

the music is ok, a bit typical lynch tho

i'm not really blown away, but i don't hate it either

agreed

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Getting caught listening to this music would be worse than getting caught posting on an IDM forum.

This sounds very nice on headphones! Nice production; but very odd singing style and even odder lyrics. And a very strange song overall. It's not rubbish though (?)

Actually, I have to admit I really like this, and it's not just because it's David Lynch. The singing is totally weird, but I love the guitars and the beat and that weird moaning female voice that cuts in and out. It sounds fantastic. I was expecting something totally naff and compromising from all your reactions!

Would you still like it if it was made by a 28 year old hipster artfag?

Would you still like it if it was made by a 28 year old hipster artfag?

That's why I said it's not just because it's David Lynch. I'd like this regardless. :-)

Also, I don't think a 28 year old hipster artfag would make something like this, but then I don't know (because I don't know what that is and don't listen to music by those guys.) David Lynch's track (and everything he does) doesn't sound like it's 'trying' to be or do anything. It's just what it is and doesn't sound self-conscious at all (even if it is very eccentric.)

There's enough music out there with in tune singing, smart lyrics and great conventional musicianship. People who want that have a lot to choose from and shouldn't have a problem with people enjoying something like this.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

after hearing good day today i was expecting it to be all dancy and shit

instead the title track is all lynchy

Seriously though, I dig that song. It's like if you were out hitchhiking down a desert road & a clown picks you up & forces you to take drugs at gunpoint & then he starts driving really fast & telling you this insane story about beer being poured.

yeah like everyone has there own interpretation of music... but come on, only because it's "David Lynch" everyone loves it... change "David Lynch's" to "DJUnknownuntalentedDj's" and nobody would ever listen to that annoying piece of tihs

Guest Lucy Faringold

I have a promo of this album and it's not very good. Most tracks are just basic guitar + drum beat + some kind of stupid vocals by Lynch. The Karen O track is decent, but seems to have mad clipping on it for some reason, as do lots of tracks on the album. One of the tracks is Lynch rambling about TM and stuff through a vocoder for seven and a half minutes.

Guest Lucy Faringold

actually that appraisal might be pretty harsh, some pretty interesting moments on here if u can get past the fact that it's pretty samey.

Archived