IGNORED

David Lynch - Crazy Clown Time

Redruth

I hadn't heard 'Good Day Today' when I listened to (and enjoyed) the title track.

Now I know why people are wary. I hope they're aren't many tracks like 'Good Day Today', because that one is pretty awful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really quite bad actually. Some songs are ok, and some are just straight out horrible. That insane voicebox he uses on some tracks is just wrong, and especially on Strange And Unproductive Thinking. I had to shut that one midway through.

this is a really good album i think its about a husband killing a wife in a car crash or something else, cuz some of the songs are from female point of view and some are from male point of view and talking about that incident. the album i think paints a picture of a event or series of events in the same way his movies do where its hazy and foggy and u can only see abstract bits that u need to piece together into ur own interprepation and thats what i thought it was about.

so there u go also its all those hick ppl , its like a dirty hick man with his truck and wife and his friends drinkin bud weisers

ok thats all i have to say about that bye

I am rather digging this album. The combination of bluesy sounds, electronic poppy sounds, & cartoon character vocals makes for a surprisingly eerie effect. And that one track that was basically a seven & a half minute speech about higher consciousness & causality was like totally from my mind.

The only thing I don't quite get yet is why he chose to repeat each line several times over in some songs.

• 1 month later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finally up on spotify so first listen. oddly i queued it up then tried to listen to a different playlist but after 1 track it switched to crazy clown time and I didnt realize. i was digging 1st track, went to look what it was and was very pleasantly surprised. so far so good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I looked through the topic and couldn't see the video posted, so here it is -

Even though it's censored it's still a NSFW job....

*Makes a note to never go to a party hosted by Mr. Lynch unless wearing protective gear*

• 2 months later...
Guest Hanratty

ya i think its like tapping into that fabric of awkwardness where its like david lynch is the weird guy who makes music and then he coppies crispin glovers thing by calling it crazy clown time which makes ppl think wow why is he doing weird music about clowns just like crispin glover the other weird guy did, and its like this weird totally david lynchey experience where it seems like its totaolly not something david lynch would do because hes so original but this is the NEXT LEVEL of david lyncheyness......... thats what i think

Haha, great post. Lynch can do anything.

Archived