IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

This new manager role is frustrating.

lol @ the hedgehole. That sucks.

has anybody cried on you yet? you're not a manager til someone pulls you into a room and starts blubbering.

Tried asking my manager if I could get transferred to working weekends as my job and I was too late to ask him so he already has to people being interviewed for the position.

nobody here question why i would ever want to work weekends

I was so happy to finally receive my first turntable ever but of course somehow I can't get it to work. Doesn't matter how many times I try to align the needle, set the counterweight right... It just throws up distorted shit before the needle goes out on a skating trip. Am I so lucky I got sent a broken table ?

Sounds to me like you need to set your counterweight to a much heavier setting or maybe weigh down your needle with a coin.

Edited by ussr

Is it resting on a perfectly level surface?  If not, that might account for the problems.  They can be tricky.

FWP: first Halloween without my girlfriend of 10+ years was lame (excluding all the ones prior to said girlfriend).  I had a nap, facebooked, and went for a walk with some 90's music that did not age very well.  No signs of Halloween were to be found, save one goth chick walking alone.  I will never know if she was a bonafide goth chick or a non-goth chick dressed as a goth.  But I will always wonder.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Is it resting on a perfectly level surface?  If not, that might account for the problems.  They can be tricky.

FWP: first Halloween without my girlfriend of 10+ years was lame (excluding all the ones prior to said girlfriend).  I had a nap, facebooked, and went for a walk with some 90's music that did not age very well.  No signs of Halloween were to be found, save one goth chick walking alone.  I will never know if she was a bonafide goth chick or a non-goth chick dressed as a goth.  But I will always wonder.

Yeah I feel yah. I am alone in the studio listening through recordings I collected in Europe. Frank is away for work. No Halloweeny vibes here either, but whatever. Fuck Monday Halloween!

Sounds to me like you need to set your counterweight to a much heavier setting or maybe weigh down your needle with a coin.

Thanks for the advice guys! Unfortunately I've looked into these and nothing seems to solve this. I guess I'll just have it looked at maybe.

Welp, returning my brand new turntable to the after-sales service. I accidently broke into pieces of the package's polystyrene blocks, so I'm not returning all of this in a very neat way. I hope they won't be a bitch to me.

in university and it just feels like a big waste of time and only a benefit to those who were already in a place of privilege to begin with, but i have to do it because my mom already sank a bunch of money into it

also i feel like i might've been an asshole accidentally to someone over the phone but i don't really want to bring it up because i feel like i'd be a clingy nuisance

also i started making songs but i keep putting off finishing them because what's the point of making new music when better music already exists ::((((

Edited by The Sponge Wiggler

also i feel like i might've been an asshole accidentally to someone over the phone but i don't really want to bring it up because i feel like i'd be a clingy nuisance

You're never too old to apologize

One of my professors has all the students in our class designing a proposal for a postcard mailer for an event a local organization that represents many print companies is holding... It's a real client and should they decide to use our design that'd be great to put on a resume but...

The ladies who are our clients are absolutely awful though. They may work for a company that represents other print and graphics companies, but these two are very clearly not visual people. Their suggestions to all of our design revisions are just awful, my design is now nowhere near where I was hoping to go with this, and frankly after following their input I think it looks pretty damn stupid (my final proposal may not even be the one they pick anyway...). Definitely not my proudest work.

They also, gave us an email of what they want to include on the back of the postcard... The card is a 5" x7"  and they wrote out practically an entire letter. They also expect logos of various companies sponsoring the event to fit as well... I repeat on a 5 x 7. There's no way to fit all this and make it readable.

Because it's essentially an assignment for a class, I haven't really been able to give any feedback on their awful suggestions, it's more just "yeah okay, sure"...
I'm so sick of this assignment/client.

^^^^ do it your way. learn to tell clients no in a way that makes it sound like it was their good idea. or come up with one reason for each of their suggestions that sounds like market tested science.  

i have a folder of rough mixes. versions of things.. and i forgot which ones i liked because i forgot to put the ones i liked in a "finals" folder.   and i have 11 more songs to mix all of sudden and most of them are things for my own enjoyment but i'll probably spend a lot of time mixing them because. 

Edited by ignatius