IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My band had the most morale crushing trainwreck at our gig last night.  We were the 2nd of 3 acts in the lineup, everything fine through the first two songs, then we get to the 3rd (a waaay-altered Cure cover that we've probably practiced 300+ times and have been gigging out for the last 2 years) and someone's IN THE WRONG FUCKING KEY.  Our female vocalist and myself (drummer) just look at each other in horror and after 8 or 10 bars I/we call uncle and just stop.  Doesn't help that the neither of our front ppl have the kind of stage presence to laugh it off, joke with the audience, etc. so the awkward silence is palpable.

Then we restart and whoever was in the wrong fucking key is still in the wrong fucking key, only this time there's no stopping, only 3-1/2 minutes of pain and embarrassment. As this point I wanted to kick over the kit, destroy every guitar and bass onstage and walk out into the ocean.  And we still had like 9 songs left.

Oh no :(

Did you figure out who it was? Did they get a stern 'talking to' afterward?

Just yell the following at your band mates, verbatim:

Love seeing the grimey underbelly of Jazz, a genre that's perceived as being very sophisticated. Mile Davis' autobiography is full of stuff like this.

Stepped in dog shit on my way home from work, didn't notice, tracked it all over my (carpeted) apartment, got frustrated and went to get a beer, bought the wrong one (more expensive, gross, lower abv). Still haven't showered or had dinner and I need to be sleeping in an hour so I can get up for an extra early shift. The smell of shit on my boot is currently overpowering the cigarette I'm smoking. All in all a lovely evening.

My band had the most morale crushing trainwreck at our gig last night.  We were the 2nd of 3 acts in the lineup, everything fine through the first two songs, then we get to the 3rd (a waaay-altered Cure cover that we've probably practiced 300+ times and have been gigging out for the last 2 years) and someone's IN THE WRONG FUCKING KEY.  Our female vocalist and myself (drummer) just look at each other in horror and after 8 or 10 bars I/we call uncle and just stop.  Doesn't help that the neither of our front ppl have the kind of stage presence to laugh it off, joke with the audience, etc. so the awkward silence is palpable.

Then we restart and whoever was in the wrong fucking key is still in the wrong fucking key, only this time there's no stopping, only 3-1/2 minutes of pain and embarrassment. As this point I wanted to kick over the kit, destroy every guitar and bass onstage and walk out into the ocean.  And we still had like 9 songs left.

Heh excellent. Rich must've inspired this character:

lol for the first 2 minutes I thought I was watching a really wacky comedy, then suddenly it got really dark, really fast.  Such a bizarre scene.  Love the random count in that has absolutely no bearing on the actual tempo of the song, over and over again.  Hilarious.

^^^ space heaters are energy suckers. that sucks.

it looks like i'm not going to have to work for the holidays so i'll have to come up with some valid reason for not going all the way cross country to see family for christmas. because you know.. feelings.

Last minute flight costs are a bitch at the holidays.

You're welcome.

Stepped in dog shit on my way home from work, didn't notice, tracked it all over my (carpeted) apartment, got frustrated and went to get a beer, bought the wrong one (more expensive, gross, lower abv). Still haven't showered or had dinner and I need to be sleeping in an hour so I can get up for an extra early shift. The smell of shit on my boot is currently overpowering the cigarette I'm smoking. All in all a lovely evening.

Why u no take off shoes upon entering homestead?

Got this lovely song pretty much finished in Ableton, but these random little audio hiccups occur on almost every audio track for one measure... the measure that's basically the climax of the whole song.  It's not a glitch I've encountered before, and I don't know how the hell I'm going to get around it.  It's 3:30am and I just want to go to bed, but I won't until I resolve this.  Fucking hell, Ableton.  Fuck u.

I did this when I was at school and have checked my shoes religiously upon entering my home ever since. Consider it a valuable lesson learnt.

The national newspaper is calling Underworld and Aphex Twin "beer belly techno" because they're supposedly mostly listened to by middle-aged beer bellied men who have enough disposable income to throw into 180g vinyl records and CD boxes.  :catrage:

Also My Bloody Valentine and PJ Harvey are "beer belly indie".

lol

The national newspaper is calling Underworld and Aphex Twin "beer belly techno" because they're supposedly mostly listened to by middle-aged beer bellied men who have enough disposable income to throw into 180g vinyl records and CD boxes.  :catrage:

Also My Bloody Valentine and PJ Harvey are "beer belly indie".

lol

but its true though innit'? :fear: 

Heh excellent. Rich must've inspired this character:

Wow. I'm the one who's upset now :cerious:

that's a great movie if you haven't seen it.. "Whiplash". i finally watched it a few months ago.  

fwp:

i don't want to go to a thing out of town that i'll probably end up having to go to.

I don't really have much of a social life anymore (lol, +10,000 watmm points) but went for a rare night out last night and had a great time, but hangovers absolutely slay me these days. Was in bed 'til near 5 this evening, proper all-day affair. I get really puketacular hangovers where I'll just be heaving up bile which, according to Google, is a sign of having low alcohol tolerance. Who knew. Makes me glad I don't really drink much these days but fucking hell, when I do, boy do I pay for it the day after. 

Need another band name for a duo, but despite having very similar taste in most things, my bandmate and I seem to share no taste in names.  And we have pressure to come up with one for promotional purposes (from a promoter who's setting up a US tour for us next summer).  It's so much harder than it should be.  Any time there is a name we both like, it's already taken by someone else on bandcamp.

Got some pop-up notification from Microsoft Edge (formerly Internet Explorer) saying something like "we're 62 percent more effective at fighting malware than Firefox" or some bullshit. Fuck off Microsoft. I'll take Firefox over The Artist formerly known as IE any day.

I've had Win 10 for over a year now, but last night was the first time I'd seen that pop-up. IE has always been the least impressive of web browsers. MS Edge is merely new paint as far as I'm concerned.

I've had Win 10 for over a year now, but last night was the first time I'd seen that pop-up. IE has always been the least impressive of web browsers. MS Edge is merely new paint as far as I'm concerned.

AFAIK it's almost entirely re-coded from the ground up (at a minimum they threw out all the code that was still in IE for backwards compatibility, might have reused the rendering code for the standards compliant stuff). It's not bad, renders pages very fast, has ad blockers and other extensions finally (including LastPass), has excellent javascript performance, a bit crashy though. I saw that popup once, when I went to change the default browser to Chrome, 'wait are you sure you want to change? I'm awesome', it told me. still not good enough for me to consider changing from Chrome, but not far off. I only use Firefox for it's javascript debugging, has always been a massive memory hog.

Details are mundane even for the srupid wfp thread, but basically the lab at my doctor's office fucked up my blood work (imagine yakety sax meets a "you had one job" meme), so first thing tomorrow morning I have to call them up and yell at someone for wasting my time.

When i sign into watmm and try to look at something it says no permission and signs me out automatically.

What am i paying for here if i can't do anything.

When i sign into watmm and try to look at something it says no permission and signs me out automatically.

What am i paying for here if i can't do anything.

Has your subscription expired? Browser settings?

If you can't do anything or look at anything how did you type this FWP in this FWP thread? :cerious: 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj