IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'll just bring a garbage bag with holes cut for the arms and head, then ask her to put it on.

Thanks for the votes of confidence.  I actually ended up in a relationship for ten years with the woman I considered to be the prettiest I ever met.  Had to ingratiate myself for a good two years of near constant companionship first though... that's a situation that doesn't come up post 20's.  No one's got time for more than one day a week, and that's generous.  I'm sure the date will be okay, if it actually happens.

• Like 1

My aunt died so I had to buy a ticket cross country. I thought plane tickets were supposed to be cheap right now but it was like a thousand dollars.

• Sad 5

40 minutes ago, Braintree said:

My aunt died so I had to buy a ticket cross country. I thought plane tickets were supposed to be cheap right now but it was like a thousand dollars.

ah fuck. sorry to hear that. 

13 minutes ago, ignatius said:

ah fuck. sorry to hear that. 

Thanks. It's been a long time coming, though. She's been slowly deteriorating over the past 15 years. Lost both of her legs to diabetes and had a series of other ailments. In a way, I'm glad that her suffering is finally over.

water0701.jpg

Wasn't there an old school watmm member that left to hop trains and we never heard from him again. His username was "six"? I think?

Edited by yekker
  • Like 2

Carpal tunnel in my left wrist, most likely after going full DDR with the WASD keys almost every day. Decided to use a pair of winter socks as a makeshift pad/cushion to straighten it out. Seems to help a little, but still feels slightly awkward. 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Basically I'm hoping she can tilt my negative perception of people who look like super models on its head. 

Day of, and she hasn't replied to my message about meeting mid afternoon that I sent 3 days ago.  Negative preconceptions confirmed (again).  At least I can rest assured that social stereotypes are still dependable, even if most people aren't.

• Sad 2
  • Farnsworth 1

2 miles into a bike ride had to turn around because lingering vertigo symptoms from yesterday. usually i can plow through and end up feeling better for the rest of the day but i guess not for today. got a nice beat going on the modular.. sequenced by five12 numerology in ableton.. hoping i get some equilibrium going so i can work on it. 

• Like 1

people upstairs have been waking me up having loud sex the last few nights. floors are thin so i can distinctly make out the conversation as well whether i want to or not. this morning at 4AM it was something about shamans & sacral cleansing

tempted to play the all monster mash playlist next time this happens

• Like 5

21 hours ago, luke viia said:

Shopping for pants is much more complicated when covid has closed the dressing rooms. 

tell me about it! i know my measurements well so i've been fine but my friend has had to return 3 pairs one by one for that very reason

18 minutes ago, milkface said:

tell me about it! i know my measurements well so i've been fine but my friend has had to return 3 pairs one by one for that very reason

Measurements aren’t enough these days there are so many fits and each brand seems so much different. Classic fit, straight fit, regular fit, trouser style (wtf does that even mean?). And so on. 

I need some new jeans myself but I’m a big boi and most of what’s trendy doesn’t fit. I need to try stuff on lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Measurements aren’t enough these days there are so many fits and each brand seems so much different. Classic fit, straight fit, regular fit, trouser style (wtf does that even mean?). And so on. 

i always go for straight fit because you can't go wrong and it looks 70s as hell. classic fit tends to be average, straight is looser and regular is a lot slimmer

My job interview just now went really well and the guy made it sound like I've got a really good chance, but he just dropped in last minute that I have to pass a drug screen.  It went from a SFWS to a SFWP real fast.

• Like 1

Huge music festivals being advertised for September, in the States, with nary a skeptical/concerned comment to be seen.  Unfathomable stupidity... but at least we're consistent.

• Haha 1

I don’t know if this is technically a “first world problem” (I couldn’t decide whether to post it in this thread, the pointless thoughts/observations thread or the COVID thread) but my mother in law is visiting for the first time in over a year and a half. It’s her first time meeting our 6 month old baby and it’s a lot. She’s very competitive and likes to be in charge, although she’s largely incapable of most simple tasks. She’s also a very bad listener and thinks she is the best listener in the world. It’s so exhausting/frustrating. 
Currently she believes she has discovered that giving the baby a slice of cucumber is a magical silver bullet to put the baby to sleep… but she fails to realize she’s been keeping the baby awake through two nap cycles (partially because she keeps giving the baby cucumbers to play with) only because the baby eventually passed out in the car with a slice of cucumber on her lap. 
She also passively insults me and relentlessly cuts me off / interrupts to the point where I choose to not engage in conversation. There’s a little more than a week of this to go. 
:catsob:

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Sad 6
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I don’t know if this is technically a “first world problem” (I couldn’t decide whether to post it in this thread, the pointless thoughts/observations thread or the COVID thread) but my mother in law is visiting for the first time in over a year and a half. It’s her first time meeting our 6 month old baby and it’s a lot. She’s very competitive and likes to be in charge, although she’s largely incapable of most simple tasks. She’s also a very bad listener and thinks she is the best listener in the world. It’s so exhausting/frustrating. 
Currently she believes she has discovered that giving the baby a slice of cucumber is a magical silver bullet to put the baby to sleep… but she fails to realize she’s been keeping the baby awake through two nap cycles (partially because she keeps giving the baby cucumbers to play with) only because the baby eventually passed out in the car with a slice of cucumber on her lap. 
She also passively insults me and relentlessly cuts me off / interrupts to the point where I choose to not engage in conversation. There’s a little more than a week of this to go. 
:catsob:

Jesus, dude.

Was uncharacteristically full of rage for most of today, just brooding on how shitty people can be, and generally assuming the worst of every stranger I have some meaningless interaction with.  I never used to be like this, but it's becoming more and more my baseline mental state.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3