IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 9/25/2021 at 10:13 AM, ignatius said:

ended a friendship this morning.. again. after long chats over signal messenger. it's such a long dumb story but the TLDR is off/on long distance friendship once very connected and close drifted/ghosted then reconnected only to have conversation steered to only politics/ideology and she trying to put me in a categorical box. ends up i don't pass her litmus test for friendship because i don't 100% line up w/all her ideas. 

so it goes. ended with "good luck" on both sides. what a joy.

i'm going to turn off the political part of my brain some how since i obviously have no passion for it other than as an observer and don't want to get sucked into someone doing virtual "woke work".

also from the memes thread.. so relevant to me. i'd add "i don't care" 

99d5bbb5a4747499f9ac6179cb4995bcc244b58f

Could be considered a first world achievement. Seems unhealthy to be friends with someone who wants to stay in their own political echo chamber

Was invited to perform my synth pop stuff at a private party.  It's only about a week away and I haven't given it a proper rehearsal.  Tried singing several of the songs this morning, and JFC I sing crazy high in almost all of them.  My morning voice is not at all up to the task.  Hoping I'm able to go a whole tone higher comfortably if it's later in the day, because otherwise I don't know how I'm going to do this.  Even if I drop everything down one key, it's still pretty demanding in the upper range.  Was hoping I'd be a much better singer by this point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danny O Flannagin said:

Could be considered a first world achievement. Seems unhealthy to be friends with someone who wants to stay in their own political echo chamber

nah.. i misjudged. not an echo chamber.. i just can't hang and shouldn't endeavor to have such conversations with people who've put in tons of work to figure shit out while i'd rather chase self serving selfish things and don't care to go around around in discussions about all the things regardless of how fruitful they might be. i guess i'm not so interested in politics 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:42 PM, Cryptowen said:

my sexuality is like a cat that sits outside waiting to be let in, and then as soon as they let the cat in it immediately wants to go back outside

Thanks I'm stealing that

On 9/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Was invited to perform my synth pop stuff at a private party.  It's only about a week away and I haven't given it a proper rehearsal.  Tried singing several of the songs this morning, and JFC I sing crazy high in almost all of them.  My morning voice is not at all up to the task.  Hoping I'm able to go a whole tone higher comfortably if it's later in the day, because otherwise I don't know how I'm going to do this.  Even if I drop everything down one key, it's still pretty demanding in the upper range.  Was hoping I'd be a much better singer by this point.

Tried again this morning, and evening, and it seems my voice was just being a piece of shit that first time around.  I'm going to chalk it up to drinking way too much the night before.  Current FWP is needing to make a set for my other project, but I haven't gotten around to it because of this one.  Band mate is relying on me...

I'm going to lose my phone service tonight because the only place that sells total wireless refill cards is on the other fucking side of the whole ass city.  I spent the entire afternoon looking for a single place that sells them and I want a human face to scream at rihht now.  FUCK I'm pissed off

I hate how poor I am.  I don't think I'll ever have furniture in my new place because I don't have disposable income, and my car is barely safe to drive right now because it keeps needing more things that I can't give it.  I don't know how to make more money show up in my bank.

41 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I hate how poor I am.  I don't think I'll ever have furniture in my new place because I don't have disposable income, and my car is barely safe to drive right now because it keeps needing more things that I can't give it.  I don't know how to make more money show up in my bank.

re: furniture.. check 'freecycle' sites for where you live.

for example.. in portland on reddit there's: https://www.reddit.com/r/PDXBuyNothing/

and i'd guess there's a craigslist 'free stuff' board for pretty much every city.  a decent way to get some basic furniture if you check it a few times a week. coffee tables, night stands, desks, office chairs etc.. seem to be everywhere. 

https://portland.craigslist.org/d/free-stuff/search/zip

edit.. also there's 'community warehouse' type places in a lot of cities. 

Edited by ignatius

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

re: furniture.. check 'freecycle' sites for where you live.

for example.. in portland on reddit there's: https://www.reddit.com/r/PDXBuyNothing/

and i'd guess there's a craigslist 'free stuff' board for pretty much every city.  a decent way to get some basic furniture if you check it a few times a week. coffee tables, night stands, desks, office chairs etc.. seem to be everywhere. 

https://portland.craigslist.org/d/free-stuff/search/zip

edit.. also there's 'community warehouse' type places in a lot of cities. 

I guess I haven't thought of that.  The main problem is that my car is too small to transport furniture but I might be able to borrow a work vehicle somehow.  All I really need is a coffee table and a bookshelf, then I can put down rugs and pillows and sit on the floor.

One shot of gin and I'm feeling optimistic already, let's go!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I guess I haven't thought of that.  The main problem is that my car is too small to transport furniture but I might be able to borrow a work vehicle somehow.  All I really need is a coffee table and a bookshelf, then I can put down rugs and pillows and sit on the floor.

One shot of gin and I'm feeling optimistic already, let's go!

in the past when i've had no money i've used shopping carts to help transport things. i also took a bunch of boards from an abandoned lot and made bookshelves with these and some bricks (also found for free behind a building). idk, just wandering about and being on the look out at all times helped me find tons of useful stuff over the years. maybe that can work for you?

3 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

in the past when i've had no money i've used shopping carts to help transport things. i also took a bunch of boards from an abandoned lot and made bookshelves with these and some bricks (also found for free behind a building). idk, just wandering about and being on the look out at all times helped me find tons of useful stuff over the years. maybe that can work for you?

Yeah, bricks n boards is a good alternative but I'm not sure how safe that is.  I might get anxious about being crushed (it is not my fetish).  There are plenty of both in this city though.

18 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I'm drunk and stoned and just remembered that I wanted to do a sober october lol didn't even make it a single day

do it anyway.

fwp: my reading list grows too fast, RIP me weekends :cattears:

On 10/1/2021 at 2:27 PM, LimpyLoo said:

Some days I pick up my guitar and can't make it sound good no matter what I do.

(Possibly the sudden dip in temperature warped the action, dunno)

does it sound better today?

I didn't even know Sober October was a thing. Is it like No Nut November? I had my first vodka in over a month last night and had to take ibuprofen this morning from the hangover/headache. Too late I guess lol

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

does it sound better today?

The neck was crazy out of whack. Cold nights. It's better now that I tweaked the truss rod, but I suck at that kinda atuff (technical guitar-setup stuff, all of it.)

I still gotta Google, every time: clockwise or counter-clockwise?

• Like 1

My friends brought me to a bar and for some reason I was the only one not enjoying it so I left and now I feel bad.  I wish I knew how to have fun.  I just want to get drunk and stoned by myself and watch youtube videos.

31 minutes ago, dcom said:

oh , crazy.

well, now that I think of it, a few days ago, I was talking with a guy who runs a small metal label and he was saying he's having issues with huge delay for his ongoing vinyl releases project.

On 10/3/2021 at 4:46 AM, drillkicker said:

My friends brought me to a bar and for some reason I was the only one not enjoying it so I left and now I feel bad.  I wish I knew how to have fun.  I just want to get drunk and stoned by myself and watch youtube videos.

Nothing wrong with that. I’d be lying if I said I don’t like going to a nice pub, but 50% of the time I’d rather just be chilled at home with some booze (and watching youtube videos). I’ve never been a fan of heaving crowds, especially in bars. I like a yarn in a nook in a quiet pub with 2 or 3 mates. The only time I will tolerate crowds (apart from airports) is going to a live gig, where for some reason it doesn’t bother me at all and I’m as happy as a pig in shit. Nightclubs? Hate them.

All through the 90’s I had friends constantly badgering me to go clubbing and I’d always refuse. I was the only one who’d never go. I’m pretty sure they were convinced I was a closet homosexual lol. Nah. I just hate nightclubs. 

(mildly drunk, very weary post)

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Nothing wrong with that. I’d be lying if I said I don’t like going to a nice pub, but 50% of the time I’d rather just be chilled at home with some booze (and watching youtube videos). I’ve never been a fan of heaving crowds, especially in bars. I like a yarn in a nook in a quiet pub with 2 or 3 mates. The only time I will tolerate crowds (apart from airports) is going to a live gig, where for some reason it doesn’t bother me at all and I’m as happy as a pig in shit. Nightclubs? Hate them.

All through the 90’s I had friends constantly badgering me to go clubbing and I’d always refuse. I was the only one who’d never go. I’m pretty sure they were convinced I was a closet homosexual lol. Nah. I just hate nightclubs. 

(mildly drunk, very weary post)

The only reason we went was because one of my buddies wanted to pick up girls except it just happened to be drag show night and there were no girls.

I became a high school teacher as a second profession. No curriculum whatsoever was provided for me to instruct with. As the principal said upon hiring me, “You are the book.”  I tortured myself last year trying to figure out some half-assed lesson plans. Then within the last couple weeks, I practically feel like I’m having a manic episode because I finally have figured it out. I know what to teach, how to teach it, and may even enjoy doing this. But now I have way too much material to chop up and turn into something spectacular. It’s going to take me a full year to get all this together. I know it’s a test of patience and endurance, but damn I’ve already been going so hard for so long. Need a month off from the classroom just for curriculum building. Also need a vacation. And a massage. 

• Like 3