IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Turns out back-friendly exercises like doing cycling or scissor motion whilst lying down still works the abs without putting pressure on the back. So I think sit-ups are a thing of the past from now on.

Planks my friend. Plus yes whole body exercises like bench press squats and deadlifts - but planks will strengthen your core the most.

If it's fat loss around the abdomen you're after - proper diet gets you the six pack.

I am actually considering planks at this point. Fat loss in general is absolutely my number one goal, and so far I think I'm succeeding.

Already spent half the day at home today in bed after taking cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxer) after those damn sit-ups the day prior. I guarantee I won't be doing those again.

Sorry everyone if I'm going on a lot about fitness lately.

nothing to apologize for, good on you for getting back into it!

I've also been on a fitness binge. 

Pretty much echo the sentiments above - planks = great, compound moves such as deadlifts are critical to your strength (and fitness), squats are great but (in my experience) can lead to issues if you aren't great about your form. 

Keep on keepin' on, post your progress in the fws thread or maybe we can revive the workout thread soon. ;o

The "hot" salsa I was given as a stocking stuffer at xmas is extremely mild, unless you happen to eat one of the couple whole habanaro peppers lurking about in it.  (Sorry, it's been a slow FWP week for me.)

SFWP: buncha bros ITT talking about their muscles or reps or glutes or some shit I dunno wtf man go shoot steroids in your butts over PMs or something? Isn't there an exercise thread from last year? How about the T-levels thread? I'm trying to keep my weight low the old fashioned way: being poor and depressed, y'all making me think I should try being healthy or something. Ffs

being poor and depressed but spending your money and time on an idm board talking about people exercising and telling them to shoot steroids in their butts over PM most IDM 2018.

Steroids in your butts over PM for most IDM 2018.

lol digital interweb private butt steroids

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I haven't changed my avatar pic in 5 years.

I thought about starting an "auxien's avatar pic thread!" where we could all post pictures we thought would be good avatars for someone (and/or shit post ridiculous pics) but thought it would probably not get any attention or get locked for being stupid and pointless and tbh sorta redundant since we have hundreds of ridiculous picture threads.

How does that help you right now? well, uh,  :cisfor:

pls don't change it :cattears:

that's you in my head now

Yeah it's kind of me in my head now too at this point.  Very well, I will keep it for another 5 years (after which point I will consider changing it).

I haven't changed my avatar pic in 5 years.

I thought about starting an "auxien's avatar pic thread!" where we could all post pictures we thought would be good avatars for someone (and/or shit post ridiculous pics) but thought it would probably not get any attention or get locked for being stupid and pointless and tbh sorta redundant since we have hundreds of ridiculous picture threads.

How does that help you right now? well, uh,  :cisfor:

I could see that thread getting very mean very fast.  Would be fun tho.

I could see that thread getting very mean very fast.  Would be fun tho.

If I find some pics that fit the criteria soon maybe I'll start it. I'll just be sure to put a disclaimer on the first page that you have to be nice and that should make it all okay.

Web sites owned by Google are working fine but for the last hour anything NOT owned by Google has been running ad sub 56k speeds.  Youtube will stream 1080p 60fps video fine but I have to wait literally 10 minutes for an eBay auction to load.

THANKS, AJIT PAI.

didn't know where else to put this:

had a huge mass removed from my abdomen 1.5 weeks ago. recovery going well. got home from hospital on saturday. 

mass is a weird kind of GI Stromal Tumor. no signs of metastasis or lesions etc. 

still have to take a medication to greatly reduce the chances it will come back. 

met w/oncologist yesterday. cost of the drug is $14,000 per month... but there's a generic version!

generic version is $11,000 per month.

met w/the pharmacological chemo drug nurse who said via some deal w/case managers and my insurance i should be able to get a 'copay card' which means the drug will cost $10 per month. 

somehow could possibly go from $14k a month to $10.  w/o insurance i'd be well and truly fucked. hopefully the ACA doesn't get beat up to much next go around. 

drug companies are some real dicks... but all things considered this is a best case scenario of a shitty situation. 

the mass was 16cm long, 13cm at widest point and tapered down to about 8cm.  gahhh!  no wonder i've had so many weird health issues. my guts were getting pushed around by a big bloody mass. 

anyway.. i'm good. feeling better every day. incision healing. abdomen less painful every day.  regular BMs.. i've never talked so much about BMs w/strangers.