IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've had three backup hard drives and all three broke down in a span of two months, with some weird hardware issue that will probably cost me 1k euro to recover data. 10 years of memories, work, my music and random accumulated stuff is now locked in there forever.

You should get one of these

https://www.startech.com/HDD/Docking/

For instance, if the power connector on your external hard drive breaks you tear that fucking hard drive out of its case and slam dunk it into your docking satation and boom. It's up and running again.

But of course, I don't know in what way your hard drives broke down.

Most likely it's the logic board. I've tried everything, even detecting and mounting in Linux, but the spin motors just produce these weird click noises, one of them doesn't even start to spin, the other spins and stops continuously and even BIOS doesn't detect them. Gotta get someone with soldering skills to replace the logic boards with the identical working ones. I'm sure hackermans do this stuff all the time, I just don't know anyone. It's a dark day.

I see.  The pirate lingo is an interesting choice.  In the few results I scanned I couldn't find an actual meaning for that phrase, just that it was a phrase in the rave scene. 

Partially pioneered by the hirsute Lord Sabre of Weatherall when writing in the original Boys Own fanzine, before being appropriated in specific tunes & then spreading out into the broader cultural milieu

A-6515-1336336167.jpeg.jpg

Locations of use - mainly "southern" areas like Berkshire, but focused in the capital, unlikely to be heard north of the M25

Chronology: 1988-1993

Producers where use of exclamation most appropriate - Bocca Juniors & One Dove

Cause of expiration: collective societal comedown, mirrored by transition of styles of Sabres of Paradise & Two Lone Swordsmen

Edited by cwmbrancity

sounds like a living hell.

The last month has been pretty garbage. Every minor win for (re)usability (really all I fucking care about at the end of the day) is rewarded with a new pile of one-off bullshit for whiny client du jour. I came in on the weekend with some index cards to dump each major TODO on each... ended up using the whole stack of like 20. Fuck me. 

I'm beginning to understand now why most developers are flaming assholes. You kind of have to be. Empathy and communication skills just make everyone want to eat up all your time they can. And the reward is more of the same.

I told myself I was staying at the org because I saw an opportunity to make things better, but every time I polish the floor and start seeing a hint of shine, another dog comes up and takes a big shit on it. The one spark of hope is resources are stretched so thin that I feel like I have some leverage to push back and tell the pointy-haireds to wait for us to get it right because they don't really have much choice... but that might be an illusion.

Locations of use - mainly "southern" areas like Berkshire, but focused in the capital, unlikely to be heard north of the M25

Chronology: 1988-1993

Producers where use of exclamation most appropriate - Bocca Juniors & One Dove

Cause of expiration: collective societal comedown, mirrored by transition of styles of Sabres of Paradise & Two Lone Swordsmen

Thank you for the run down.

FWP: every time I read the word "sad" in print my brain reads it in a Trump voice.  Sad.

my roomie is going absolute nuts with some cheap deodorant spray. what is WRONG WITH HIM urrrrrkkkkkk!!

it's the same guy who listened to Burial from his laptop speakers.

it's smelling like this bad cheap deo everywhere, like when a 15 year old tries to cover up the cummmies or something.

HOW

WHY

Yes its blatantly obvious the man is cumming insanely hard and using the deodarant to cover this musky scent. Probably feels ashamed at giving in to lust. As awkward as it is, it might be worth having a word to him and lay down some ground rules, ie. If he's going to spill his seed so regularly make sure its in his own room.

FWP: every time I read the word "sad" in print my brain reads it in a Trump voice.  Sad.

Haha:)

I think you gave me what Ills you

Will I now be able to read "sad" without that voice?

Sad:(

Sad:)

my roomie is going absolute nuts with some cheap deodorant spray. what is WRONG WITH HIM urrrrrkkkkkk!!

it's the same guy who listened to Burial from his laptop speakers.

it's smelling like this bad cheap deo everywhere, like when a 15 year old tries to cover up the cummmies or something.

HOW

WHY

He probably has bad body odor. Therefore he needs to use deodorant to cover this up (thank him for this) but it is so bad that he needs to use a lot of deodorant...hence he has to purchase the cheap stuff that he can quickly and easily apply. He's just trying to be a good roommate, he can't help it that he was born as stinky trash that has naturally gravitated towards the music of such folks. ;)

ive Not noticed the smell of cummies nor other manly or musky or sweaty body odor things, he does it before going out dunno whatevs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

proper FWP: somehow ended up at some “ambient festival” and it’s the most normie thing. It’s basically cozy pop music for ppl who like to sit.

i'm forever pissed off when in a TV junk mode and i switch the channel to CBS and see "48 Hours" in the info section but there's no Eddie Murphy or Nick Nolte. 

i'm forever pissed off when in a TV junk mode and i switch the channel to CBS and see "48 Hours" in the info section but there's no Eddie Murphy or Nick Nolte.

That should be against the law.

I sprained my ankle last week and have slowly been regaining mobility, but have been pretty much stuck at home this past week, missing work (RIP money) and class. This morning I dropped my phone and the SIM card slot popped out and won't go back in. I tried putting the card in my old phone and now I have to deal with the carrier. When it rains it pours. 

I sprained my ankle last week and have slowly been regaining mobility, but have been pretty much stuck at home this past week, missing work (RIP money) and class. This morning I dropped my phone and the SIM card slot popped out and won't go back in. I tried putting the card in my old phone and now I have to deal with the carrier. When it rains it pours. 

8a9c9e48a2f19e5a6cccff8aeea7acd9.jpg

Any time I hear that phrase I think of this. Hope things go better for you tomorrow.

SFWP: started a song but can't for the life of me figure out where it needs to go. Tried different melodies, different tempos, different drum beats, different effects, different synth sounds, just at a loss. Spent hours yesterday beating my head against the wall with it. Maybe when I revisit it tomorrow it'll all click, but fuck is that frustrating knowing you've got something good there but can't carve it out of the block of shit it's in.

8a9c9e48a2f19e5a6cccff8aeea7acd9.jpg

Any time I hear that phrase I think of this. Hope things go better for you tomorrow.

Thanks! That could basically be me if she had a walking boot on on of her legs, lol

missing work (RIP money) 

Any chance of them providing modified work for you? Light duties etc.

=(

Get better soon!

Thanks. Unfortunately doubtful on that end, as it's a barista job. Although their website could probably use some work  :emotawesomepm9:

*sad hi-five*

I did the same. Was walking him listening to the autechre nts 1 livestream. I dunno what I did but 10hrs later I was woken up by the pain at 4am. I got into work but then went home around 9am.

Been hopping and chomping industrial strength ibuprofen ever since. Bag of frozen peas helps too.