oscillik

Guest Backson

Let's see how shit Prometheus is before giving post-1991 Ridley any kind of benefit of the doubt re expanding his "own" universes.

Nah, Prometheus looks good.

Just a big budget Sci Fi that happens to feature the space jokey. Nothing to insta-hate about it so far.

Let's see how shit Prometheus is before giving post-1991 Ridley any kind of benefit of the doubt re expanding his "own" universes.

Nah, Prometheus looks good.

Just a big budget Sci Fi that happens to feature the space jokey. Nothing to insta-hate about it so far.

I'm irrationally excited about Prometheus, I didn't mean to imply that it will necessarily be shit. I'm just not convinced Ridley didn't die in 1991 or so. I'm pretty sure he's just a preserved corpse being manipulated, Weekend at Bernie's style, by his hack little bro for profit.

Edited by baph

• 3 months later...

Wow, thank God that it actually is going to be a sequel. It'll still probably be an insult to the original, but it's better than a remake.

http://www.washingto...wDyYU_blog.html

The main character's gonna be a chick apparently.

edit:

It would be cool to have a CS-80. I hope the new Blade Runner uses one.

they'll use this:

CS-80Vopened.jpg

but with dubstep wobbles.

really late lol

Edited by gmanyo

Well, not to spoil anything, but I've heard the plot of the new Blade Runner flick is

Ridley Scott was replaced by a replicant in 1991, who is now going haywire and must be put down

Edited by lumpenprol

could be a good mashup plot with the unreleased supposedly final Philp K Dick story about an alien society who posseses a schlocky film composer on earth and turns him into an avant garde artist. Except this would kinda be the opposite

Guest zaphod

man this seems unnecessary to me. as i said in the prometheus thread, i'd much rather see the forever war adaptation he was working on. that's a perfect fit for the kind of film he's been doing for the last fifteen years. i don't think blade runner needs to be expanded on and i doubt the art direction will be anywhere near as inspired as the original film. and that's really the only reason to watch the original.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I hope you kids can relax a little after seeing Prometheus. This is not going to be a Blade Runner prequel with a CGI Harrison Ford directed by George Lucas written by Larry David.

It's okay guys, this shit really shouldn't get your panties twisted all it up in a knot, it's okay.

Guest disparaissant

This is not going to be a Blade Runner prequel

aww

with a CGI Harrison Ford

ick!

directed by George Lucas

ick!

written by Larry David.

sign me the fuck up

Guest zaphod

written by Larry David.

roy.jpg

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

zeke%20mar%2013%20larry_hbo.png

You people?

roy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sean Young was like my favorite from Dune and Blade Runner, but for some reason age destroyed it for me. Why couldn't she be forever hot like Milla Jovovich.

I hear the new movie is going to be a musical, following the life of a street-urchin replicant who transforms himself from rags-to-riches using a combination of luck and guile. The stirring musical number in the finale, sung by the replicant from the summit of the Tyrell building, is the rousing "Replicant? I say, Replican!"

I hear the new movie is going to be a musical, following the life of a street-urchin replicant who transforms himself from rags-to-riches using a combination of luck and guile. The stirring musical number in the finale, sung by the replicant from the summit of the Tyrell building, is the rousing "Replicant? I say, Replican!"

fuckinglol

Scott has revealed the opening scene from the film. Not really a spoiler since it hasn't filmed yet.

"There'll be a vast farmland where there are no hedges or anything in sight, and it's flat like the plains of — where's the Great Plains in America? Kansas, where you can see for miles. And it's dirt, but it's being raked. On the horizon is a combine harvester which is futuristic with klieg lights, ‘cause it's dawn. The harvester is as big as six houses. In the foreground is a small white clapboard hut with a porch as if it was from Grapes of Wrath. From the right comes a car, coming in about six feet off the ground being chased by a dog. And that's the end of it, I'm not gonna tell you anything else".