oscillik

i'm much more ok with a sequel than a prequel. It will be inherently more respectful since whatever they do in the sequel wont automatically undermine and redefine what more mysterious aspects of the original movie meant (ie: the space jockey being a giant but far smaller than in Alien white albino humanoid god like being). If it's a prequel it's going to tarnish the memory of Bladerunner now matter how it's done, thats what prequels do. When is the last time you saw a genuinely good prequel? I can't think of a single time. Temple of Doom is the only one I actually think is a good movie, but it has no story connection to the Raiders of the Lost ark, the prequel aspect is barely even alluded to, if you didn't know it was you would just assume it's a sequel.

I did not now this but out of the three (Crystal Crap shall not be mentioned) it is the weakest one imho. So what happened to Short Round?

Guest rotodrone

Godfather Part 2? Kinda? I got nothin' that isn't decades old and from another era of filmmaking :|

Man I don't want to write this off JUST BECAUSE Blade Runner is my favourite film, but we know what to expect in a post-Lost Sci-Fi landscape don't we? Meaningless 'Questions!' and 'Plot Twists' at the expense of inherent logic and characterisation. Prove me wrong Ridley!

Why don't they get a decent sci-fi writer in with a proven track record and get him to redraft the script. Rather than worrying about these seemingly well connected hollywood nobodies who've never written anything decent in their lives.

Just a thought.

Michael Green is doing the script, most famous for the writing script to the Green Lantern movie, and there's more good news:

Alcon and Yorkin previously announced that they are partnering to produce “Blade Runner” theatrical sequels and prequels, in addition to all television and interactive productions.

This is going to be so fucking amazing I cannot wait.omg

sauce:http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/alcon-ridley-scott-announce-theyve-hired-michael-green-to-script-blade-runner-sequel/

Goddamn it, I missed this page. :facepalm:

lol

I still can't believe that the Canary Islands has been chosen as a film location. Unless it's used for some kind of dream sequence, this movie is probably going to be shite.

Edited by Ceerial

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still think it's going to suck. And what would Forrison Hard bring to a new BR film? His story ended, do something else in the BR universe. The original touched on some interesting questions regarding artificial life and being human and still worth exploring in another context.

Edited by azatoth

Think the guy who penned Green Lantern is doing the script. Take that for what it is I guess.

Also, a sequel is not necessary and will be shite.

Maybe the human Deckard is an old fart like Ford, and is somehow the template for Replicant Deckard, the star of the movie. It's a little Alienish, but then again Ridley created that world, so...

Then you have an excuse for the young CG Harrison Ford ala Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy.

So decker will be training a young female cop that he takes under his wing, or something. Any number for tired hollywood clichés later, the end.

Think the guy who penned Green Lantern is doing the script. Take that for what it is I guess.

I'm beginning to understand how Star Wars fans feel about George Lucas. Why can't Ridley Scott leave well enough alone?

Edited by doublename

So decker will be training a young female cop that he takes under his wing, or something. Any number for tired hollywood clichés later, the end.

I'm beginning to understand how Star Wars fans feel about George Lucas. Why can't Ridley Scott leave well enough alone?

it's just going to be another overly slick, plasticized capitalization on yet another untouchable, unthinkable. why not remake the shining or a clockwork orange? as usual, money influencing everything for the worst. if there is any hope in hell then the they will need to do what nobody has done with sequels, prequels etc and try to capture the actual film quality of the original; using the same process used to create the original. same film, effects, model making and so-forth. if they try to use the current formula then this will surly fail and if they don't get key character from the previous film to make appearances or stand as main players then it will fail. if they get the green lantern guy then it will fail. it's just the same as in music. if you want to create an identical 'feeling' then you must use the same process.

the they will most likely not do this and because of my strong sex feelings for this film; i will then stalk the ridley scott and do horrible things to him and end him before he puts his dirty little fingers on the alien or the legend

this film gave me a Fassbender i didn't want to shag and aliens i kinda did. obviously it was confusing for me...

i've watched alien and aliens at least 50 times, was very exited about prometheus and at the end watched it only once...barely. i'm soooooo disappointed! the last sentence at the honest trailer said it the best: ''God! Just please stay away from the blade runner!'' lol

Edited by xox

oh no they should not remake the shining, clockwork orange maybe (it's a little dated now) but not the shining. can you elaborate on "strong sex feelings"?

I think A Clockwork Orange is just as much relevant as it was back then.

I don't think any Kubrick should be remade :( why you have to give me a sad?

it's just going to be another overly slick, plasticized capitalization on yet another untouchable, unthinkable. why not remake the shining or a clockwork orange? as usual, money influencing everything for the worst. if there is any hope in hell then the they will need to do what nobody has done with sequels, prequels etc and try to capture the actual film quality of the original; using the same process used to create the original. same film, effects, model making and so-forth. if they try to use the current formula then this will surly fail and if they don't get key character from the previous film to make appearances or stand as main players then it will fail. if they get the green lantern guy then it will fail. it's just the same as in music. if you want to create an identical 'feeling' then you must use the same process.

the they will most likely not do this and because of my strong sex feelings for this film; i will then stalk the ridley scott and do horrible things to him and end him before he puts his dirty little fingers on the alien or the legend

If they did it with the exact limitations of the original, I'd probably go see it just to be in that world again. I'm not convinced at all that there is more to tell of this story though. Not everything needs to be demystified.

oh no they should not remake the shining, clockwork orange maybe (it's a little dated now) but not the shining. can you elaborate on "strong sex feelings"?

I'd be able to tolerate a Darren Aronofsky or Park Chan Wook remake of A Clockwork Orange, just to see how uncomfortable things could get. There was a remake of The Shining for American TV in 90s that stuck more closely to book. It turned out the way you'd expect.