IGNORED

Boards of Canada Typography

Guest hayesj23

Guest hayesj23

One thing that always impresses me about BoC is their choice of fonts on their album covers. Does anyone know if there is a good list of which fonts they use and who chose them?

Guest Dogboy73

and yes, scraping the barrel indeed

why? :cisfor:

Well, put it this way. Wouldn't we much rather be talking about something BoC are actually doing rather than what fonts they use on their covers?!

• 1 month later...

Geogaddi looks a bit like VAG Rounded to me. Nice, soft, non-threatening. The kind of typeface you'd use to disassociate your car company from Nazism.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

Geogaddi looks a bit like VAG Rounded to me. Nice, soft, non-threatening. The kind of typeface you'd use to disassociate your car company from Nazism.

sc-alphabet-soup-update.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think that's hand-manipulated (the lower case letters were scaled up to meet the upper case x-heights). It seems apparent in the "d" of "canada".

Also, I hadn't seen that sticker in a long, long time...

Guest never the machine forever

the classic autechre 'ae' logo uses that font also. in case people didn't know.

The IDM font.

The IDM font.

Is there a similar dedicated Ae wiki for stuff like this?

I remember spending some quality time in photoshop finding the right font with the right kerning, height and width modification of err i think it was helvetica to make home made quaristice era covers of some of their live sets and it would be a shame to let that knowledge go to waste.

The IDM font.

Is there a similar dedicated Ae wiki for stuff like this?

I remember spending some quality time in photoshop finding the right font with the right kerning, height and width modification of err i think it was helvetica to make home made quaristice era covers of some of their live sets and it would be a shame to let that knowledge go to waste.

someone did figure out a font that looked extremely similar to the one used for Quaristice, but it was determined that the on used on the actual artwork was a custom job

Archived