IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys just don't like Skrillex because, it's party music, not pretentious, uplifting and makes you want to dance and wave your arms about.

It's too happy for one thing and hasn't got enough beard-scratching moments. You can't dance and never went to raves, so don't appreciate the finer points of cutting the midrange and dropping the bass - personally it always raises a smile from me, no matter how many times it's been done before.

You guys just don't like Skrillex because, it's party music, not pretentious, uplifting and makes you want to dance and wave your arms about.

It's too happy for one thing and hasn't got enough beard-scratching moments. You can't dance and never went to raves, so don't appreciate the finer points of cutting the midrange and dropping the bass - personally it always raises a smile from me, no matter how many times it's been done before.

Yeah, that's it. Nobody here likes Skrillex because they're all so uncool and don't know how to enjoy themselves.

Yeah, that's it. Nobody here likes Skrillex because they're all so uncool and don't know how to enjoy themselves.

How long have you been going to raves Dan C? lol Skrillex sounds and the whole transformers-transforming to a halfstep nu-metal beat is a pretty new phenomenon IME. You can't dance to skrillex, a bunch of white kids stand around and wait till he smacks his gear and another cascading wall of 'DWEEERRRKKK DRUP DRUP BWAERRRTTT' comes forth, then they all just start moshing and flailing. The state of his shows reflects also the modern rave drug scene, fake shitty shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l8h4-DUP_8

:cerious: super happy music bro.

excellent satire.

what bothers me isn't that hes HORRIBLE, but rather that his music is so blatantly average. theres no iconic pop sound to his show, no epic trance buildups, etc. etc.

i dont get it.

How long have you been going to raves Dan C? lol Skrillex sounds and the whole transformers-transforming to a halfstep nu-metal beat is a pretty new phenomenon IME. You can't dance to skrillex, a bunch of white kids stand around and wait till he smacks his gear and another cascading wall of 'DWEEERRRKKK DRUP DRUP BWAERRRTTT' comes forth, then they all just start moshing and flailing. The state of his shows reflects also the modern rave drug scene, fake shitty shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l8h4-DUP_8

:cerious: super happy music bro.

lmfao, so true, so true

We'll capture the minds of some of the youth into this, so it's all good.

;-]

I don't look forward to them starting threads to recounting their fond memories of listening to skrillex as he blew their minds, though. I promise to delete any that come along.

Archived