IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Considering trying HBO Go to see True Detective in a timely manner, was the first ep any good?

I watched the first two episodes of season 3, and I'm excited for the rest. Have you seen season 1? That is the one to see. I had to voluntarily suppress any inklings to compare 3 with 1 when I began, even without that though the story for season 3 is interesting, and they do the three separate time periods again, so the story develops over a 35 year period but it is done tastefully and cohesively so far. A lot of shit has already happened in the first two episodes, but there is still plenty of mystery and character development on the horizon it seems. Interesting reflections on war and US soldiers returning home from Vietnam in particular.

Considering trying HBO Go to see True Detective in a timely manner, was the first ep any good?

first two episodes are "okay". it continues the tradition of heavy mumbling while delivering dialogue you think is relevant only to intercut with something that slows the story down so it can justify being more than 3 episodes long. i like mahershala ali a lot though so i'll put up with it, but by the end of the 3rd season you kinda "get" what this season is about.

0683904521101_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

love the theme song to this show- but holy shit. this is definitely of a different time and universe: a young orphan girl starts living with a very elderly gentleman because they both have a unique friendship.

Anyone seen Homecoming on Prime? Really good government conspiracy thriller, 30 min episodes, soundtrack is really nice. I think in the second ep they use a bit of Bernard Hermann's soundtrack from Vertigo, and the show on the whole has a Hitchcock feel that I can't quite put my finger on. The rest of the soundtrack is odd in an appealing way that also gestures at those kind of ethereal romantic Hermann vibes. 

assassination of gianni versace is on netflix now so i'm plowing through it. so far i'd say i liked the oj simpson season better (i just loved the cast there, and prefer the more linear plot sequencing) but this season is really good too.

I don't know why I watch Ray Donovan =/

I keep watching because I'm hoping Shrub Lobber lives up to his potential.

=/

He was subtle and understated in the great Boston drama, Sportlight

I don't know why I watch Ray Donovan =/

I keep watching because I'm hoping Shrub Lobber lives up to his potential.

=/

He was subtle and understated in the great Boston drama, Sportlight

Ha, I had to go back and check I didn't drunkenly misspell his name.

=P

New season of True Detective is giving me life.

can't wait to dig into this. better than season 2?

So far so good, but still a bit early to say. The setup and execution is promising and lots has happened in the first two episodes. I'd dive into it soon!

Is Punisher season 2 any more engaging than the slow pace of S1?

Also, American Gods returning soon, but without the amazeballs Gillian Anderson :(

Also without the original show runners.  I thought the first season was solid, but I don't have super high expectations for the 2nd one.

Also, American Gods returning soon, but without the amazeballs Gillian Anderson :(

I am a bit afraid for this. The showrunner left, his replacement got fired, they cut down the number of episodes and some of the cast left. Then there were reports of "on-set rewrites" and "improvised dialogue" when production finally got underway :facepalm:

The first season was amazing and I can't wait for more, but....yikes.

I am a bit afraid for this. The showrunner left, his replacement got fired, they cut down the number of episodes and some of the cast left. Then there were reports of "on-set rewrites" and "improvised dialogue" when production finally got underway :facepalm:

The first season was amazing and I can't wait for more, but....yikes.

Yeah I’m not optimistic. The real kicker is that Fuller abandoned Star Trek (which fucked over that entire season) for AG and then left this too. Just a mess.