IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Season 3 of the bear is so up its own arse wtf, whats this Terrence Malik wanna be stuff lol.

Also what the hell with the house of the dragon season finale? Is it ginna be another 3 years?

• Like 1

I just finished The Gentlemen series on netflix. I guess I should probably watch the movie now as I hear it's even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YEK said:

I just finished The Gentlemen series on netflix. I guess I should probably watch the movie now as I hear it's even better.

Guy Richie has such a messed up view of uk. Its just a cliche acceptance of stereotypes. I enjoyed it though. Let's just forget his mockney nonsense. 

• Like 2

late to the show but literally just finished season 4 of the Boys. Dark humour at its finest with some excellent fucked-upness.

On 8/5/2024 at 7:28 PM, GORDO said:

Also what the hell with the house of the dragon season finale? Is it ginna be another 3 years?

This was a tough season for me.  I liked the show pretty well through the first season.  This one got incredibly dull and slow moving at times, it's like they were taking a very small amount of story and stretching it as far as humanly possible.

And yea, that finale was a complete bust.  

Spoiler

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FCKING HAPPENED.

The Jinx season 2. First season was amazing. This season was pretty great except for the last episode, which kinda dragged.

• Like 1

Chimp Crazy, suitably mental Missouri folk behaving pure septic but pretending like it's normal in ep1 of this new HBO docuseries

If you liked Tiger King give it a whirl

Liked is prob the wrong word, fascinated at how mad cunts can possibly be

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Crazing said:

is it glorifying the whole fuckwit finance world? 

No. It has some soapy twists and turns, but there's a lot of social commentary, explicit depictions of ruthlessness and callousness of the financial establishment, how it breaks people, corrupts them, and how they deal, bend, and break with the insane pressures of the trade. The writing's sharp, incisive, and brutal. It's not wall-street-gordon-gekko-greed-is-good-rah-rah-rah, Boiler Room, or Wolf of Wall Street; there's character depth like in Succession, and it definitely doesn't glorify the hyper-wealthy - the cast are the soldiers (and some officers) in the trenches. It's not written - nor acted - as well as e.g. Billions, but I think it's worth the time to watch. Nathan Micay's synth-driven OST is also in point.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

Just wrapped up season 1 of The Shield. Wanted to watch it for years. Pretty good for a first season, it's a bit dated, a bit quirky and gives me a nostalgic fuzzy feeling. But the characters are really likeable. So it's all good. Investigations on IMDb tells me that it gets better and better so I'm in for the whole hog. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Just wrapped up season 1 of The Shield. Wanted to watch it for years. Pretty good for a first season, it's a bit dated, a bit quirky and gives me a nostalgic fuzzy feeling. But the characters are really likeable. So it's all good. Investigations on IMDb tells me that it gets better and better so I'm in for the whole hog. 

Loved that real classic series. Top 5. 

• Thanks 1

Also kind of obsessed with Industry. Binged 2 seasons in a weekend. I have a feeling season 3 may go off the rails story wise, but will be highly entertaining.

Rings Of Power Season 2 coming this week. Three episodes dropping on the 29th. First season was very disappointing, but the trailers for this season looking much, much better. Fingers crossed then.

Just done the first two episodes of ROP. Trust me when Uncle Beerwolf tells you that it's fucking light years better than the first season! 

Hip hip hooray!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

:beer:🐺!!!
Thank goodness. That first season was a complete waste of time.
The trailer looks like it’s finally getting to the meaty bits. Looking forward to having a show to watch, again. 
I’m not proud to say but I just finished the last episode of Donnie Wahlberg’s “Very Scary People” true crime show. 
Been scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find something creepy to watch on the reg for months now. 

… oh, I am also rewatching S2 of The Wire. Much better than I remembered it, actually. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

a few eps into S1 of the White Lotus. this show is like a mix of cringe, hate watch, and lol all at the same time. I normally give up on shows like this with all these pretentious detestable characters...must be the lush tropicalia cinematography and gorgeous soundtrack that has its hooks in me. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zero said:

a few eps into S1 of the White Lotus. this show is like a mix of cringe, hate watch, and lol all at the same time. I normally give up on shows like this with all these pretentious detestable characters...must be the lush tropicalia cinematography and gorgeous soundtrack that has its hooks in me. 

It’s pretty great. So is S2. 

@beerwolf

I started watching ep1 of ROP2 last night on your recommendation! It’s definitely better than s1.

The recap at the beginning was basically “shit… shit… shit… shit… more shit”. Then when the show actually started it was like “why the fuck did we need that first season at all??? This is where they should have started.”  I guess they really wanted to tease out the whole “Gandalf?” thing and then the whole Sauron thing but fuck me if a whole season of pure tease is just the dumbest shit I can imagine. 
Anyway, I’ll be checking the rest of this out, even if there’s still some wonky writing / character stuff, which there definitely is. At least we have more orcs, so far. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, zero said:

First season of White Lotus is fantastic! Second season I wasn't too keen.

51 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

It’s pretty great. So is S2. 

@beerwolf

I started watching ep1 of ROP2 last night on your recommendation! It’s definitely better than s1.

The recap at the beginning was basically “shit… shit… shit… shit… more shit”. Then when the show actually started it was like “why the fuck did we need that first season at all??? This is where they should have started.”  I guess they really wanted to tease out the whole “Gandalf?” thing and then the whole Sauron thing but fuck me if a whole season of pure tease is just the dumbest shit I can imagine. 
Anyway, I’ll be checking the rest of this out, even if there’s still some wonky writing / character stuff, which there definitely is. At least we have more orcs, so far. 

Yeah agree, the first season seemed like a complete waste of time.

On 8/29/2024 at 4:49 PM, beerwolf said:

Just done the first two episodes of ROP. Trust me when Uncle Beerwolf tells you that it's fucking light years better than the first season! 

Hip hip hooray!

I won't lie i'm enjoying this season too.  Even if they took Tolkien's world and transported it to uber progressive California (Lol, the underprivileged anti-war family of Orcs was fcking hilarious).  It's good enough for me to not mind it too much.

1 hour ago, lyst said:

I won't lie i'm enjoying this season too.  Even if they took Tolkien's world and transported it to uber progressive California (Lol, the underprivileged anti-war family of Orcs was fcking hilarious).  It's good enough for me to not mind it too much.

And not many Harfoots. Who were uber annoying last season. Thought the two girls were bearable with the Wizard. I also liked the mofo mercenaries in gold skull masks hunting them on horses. That was good.

Edited by beerwolf