IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Sherlock. Last episode was a bit uneven. Can't say the dubstep was necessary. Fun though.

Yeah it wasn't that great. A bit disappointing, but just good enough to be worth watching. Hopefully this isn't indicative of the rest of the season; the first two seasons also had a meh episode, although in both it was the middle one, not the first.

Edited by gmanyo

Finally getting around to watching Season 4 of Arrested Development.

It's still really good. I'm pleasantly surprised.

finished the first season of American Horror Story...was pretty weird so I enjoyed it....though there were tons of plot holes and ridiculousness.

The theme song was fucking cool as shit too.

Currently testing the waters on some new seasons anime starts ... Noragami the standout so far, image quality very nice, and story could be engaging as it evolves. Currently half way through watching first ep Nobunaga the Fool, story is written more engagingly than the skim and intro led me to believe.

And then of course there's ... Space Dandy .. watcing the entire first episode with the sound down the other night because i was with my brother and mum and her mate were sleeping in a room close by. Hah subs yay. nwae. Was not so impressed when i ended up hearing the opening track, fucking terrible choice from a director that is renowned for the scores in his creations (Cowboy bebop and samurai champloo), the closing track sung by Etsuko Yakushimaru would have been way cooler ( couldn't find it on the ytub or elsewhere .. the people that wrote the opening track don't seem to care, so why rights bullshit the fucking outro .. people might then buy her music you hosers ).

Guest Frankie5fingers

And then of course there's ... Space Dandy .. watcing the entire first episode with the sound down the other night because i was with my brother and mum and her mate were sleeping in a room close by. Hah subs yay. nwae. Was not so impressed when i ended up hearing the opening track, fucking terrible choice from a director that is renowned for the scores in his creations (Cowboy bebop and samurai champloo), the closing track sung by Etsuko Yakushimaru would have been way cooler ( couldn't find it on the ytub or elsewhere .. the people that wrote the opening track don't seem to care, so why rights bullshit the fucking outro .. people might then buy her music you hosers ).

yeah i saw Space Dandy too. it was alright but not really that great. did you watch the english version or the japanese? i heard Watanabe was appalled by the changes made.

FPL5B1bU6X4.jpg

tried to watch this last night but was bored to death. kinda tries a little too hard and ends up looking (and sounding) extremely contrived

boooooooring

p.s. matt mc-kona-hay looks terrible

Edited by Nebraska

I thought True Detective was pretty good too. I normally avoid gritty detective shit like Low Winter Sun and The Killing, but I think TD has potential.

The first few episodes of Helix are decent if you're hurting for a horror show that isn't The Walking Dead.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

that sucks. I liked it.

you're not the only one. it's getting a lot of rave reviews which is why i checked it out, but it wasn't my taste. maybe i'm the only one who dislikes it

sherlock s3 - some really coked up editing/sfx in the first two episodes, quite irritating really, it messes with the flow of the story. but still, it's all pretty entertaining, especially the more neatly produced e3.

Twin Peaks, Season 2

So the killer has finally been caught. Bob the void dweller exited Leland's body. It was a pretty intense episode.

"I don't know what to believe"

Poor sheriff Truman..

Adventure Time Season 2. I just love that show because it's so energetic, fun and just plain great.

Finally getting around to watching Season 4 of Arrested Development.

It's still really good. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I was pretty disappointed by season 4; It really felt like an over narrated piece of dung: "Hey.. hey.. look at how smart we are! We have to explain it, through over narrating it for you, but god-damn, are we smart" I really didn't like the whole Ron Howard entering the picture as well. It was just not as strong as Season 2, which was just fan-friggin-tastic.

I'll probably rewatch it, though. I kinda rushed my way through the fourth season. I did love Maeby's episode. Then again, I am not-so-secretly in love with Maeby :wub:

Edited by Guest

watched the first episode of enlightened. i have never been so enraged at a central character. it's probably a testament to the show's writing and laura dern's acting, but i'm not going to be able to stick it out. she is abhorrent.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Edited by zaphod

The new season of Archer looks to be a doozy. They're going with the whole Archer Vice thing, where they intend to sell a ton of coke.

Also the season finale of Sleepy Hollow was good. I don't care what anyone says, I like that show. And I it also struck me that the majority of the cast is a minority (what an odd sentence) and it's not even a thing in the series. Most unusual to a prime time network TV show.

Edited by azatoth

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Bates Motel - Just finished watching series 1 tonight. Pretty good shit. It fills in the backstory with what was going on with Norman and his protective mother living in the modern era. It was delightfully unpredictable with some of the sub plots. And Vera Farmiga is great actress. Gotta wait about a year now for series 2 :-(

wait, this turned out to not be terrible and get cancelled?

Derek - all 7 episodes in one sitting - really liked it.

wait, derek isn't an embarrassing mess?

Lilyhammer

The danish Netflix store's collection of movies and series is just awful. This was the best I could find, but it's actually really funny. I had no idea that norwegians had this much self-irony, as there is in this series.

It's fun to watch the american organized crime culture meeting the scandinavian 'softness' (can't really find the right term). There is a particular scene where the american protagonist has to go to a norwegian prison. And they're having block flute classes, baking cakes and stuff. I don't imagine that happening in american prisons. But that kind of shit is seriously what is happening in scandinavian prisons.. quite funny.

Watching this on US Netflix now, I hate to use the word "cute" but that's just what comes to mind. I wish more carefree but thought-out "culture clashing" shows like this were around. Usually such shows are too overwrought on drama and having literal "messages" or way too heavy on goofy stereotypes. The characters are quite likable too and the cinematography is great.

wait lilyhammer is good?

Bob's Burgers and it is really good, no-one in England seems to know it and that is upsetting. Tina is pure joy and probably accounts for 80% of the people on this board.

Edited by tec

oppositeworlds__121007183339.jpg

this is the cruelest show i've ever seen.

two teams live in a house: one is in the future with all amenities like heated beds, food, tv, internet, phone, tablets, nice clothes and hot showers. the other team lives in a cave with bread, no heat or fire, fruits and caveman bearskins.

yesterday, they had to fight with these sticks that had electric charges on their end. the host of the show said "you'll have to get padded because you don't want to get shocked directly to the heart". they also had to do this on a ramp that was about 8 feet up. one guy broke his leg

today they did a challenge in freezing weather, in forty degree water. the host of the show said "that water must be freezing" then asked the girl that lost "so how did it feel?"

also, you can actually tell them how to torture these guys- so i voted they should make the "unpopular" guy swim with hungry alligators in shallow but muddy water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XWkETi49AI

Edited by Nebraska