IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I feel like Portlandia is mildly funny until I get tired of how all the characters are jerks.

It's best in short bursts. As much as it references the actual city it's a parody of tropes and trends found in a lot of cities with similar demographics of hipsters/scenesters/yupsters/hippies/etc.

Decided to start watching Millennium as some of u said it has similarities to True Detective which i enjoyed very much 8-)

First episode was dees.. has potential fo sho... was kinda bummed by the lack of boobies though. 21 Episodes to go crikey dick thats a long season

Getting Doug with High, anyone seen this? It's a live youtube show with comedian Doug Benson(super high me). A live show is starting in a few minutes. I've only recently seen a couple past broadcasts on his youtube channel. Going to catch the live show tonight. It's really just a show of comedians getting high and talking shit & joking around for an hour.

Anyways the show is starting soon, I have no idea who the guest is going to be. Figured i'd share here:

(there's also one of those youtube chat rooms with about 700 ppl currently waiting for the show to start. Of course they are all chatting about getting high).

[youtubehd]vhHAOihpmys[/youtubehd]

• 2 weeks later...

Les revenants, it's excellent so far, very good/fitting soundtrack by Mogwai as well. Yuz! 9/10

Edited by Gocab

Justified has tried something interesting this season, although the plot has been somewhat muddled, they've flipped the script on the characters, Boyd is now the most likeable character on the show and is now the protagonist. Raylan on the other hand, has become even more jaded and assholeish to the point where he is now the antagonist. He's become kind of a parody of himself anyway, hope they wrap this up right next season.

Decided to start watching Millennium as some of u said it has similarities to True Detective which i enjoyed very much 8-)

First episode was dees.. has potential fo sho... was kinda bummed by the lack of boobies though. 21 Episodes to go crikey dick thats a long season

season 2 is the reason to watch millennium

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Been watching Bob's Burgers. Didn't expect much but damn this is a great show. Yep I'm a fan.

Set in the early 1980s, series dramatizes the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their personal and professional partnership will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas' Silicon Prairie.

[youtubehd]XYGwIsiyi3Q[/youtubehd]

obviously not watching this yet, but looks cool.

Anyone watching Hannibal? If so, is it good TV or good for network TV (or shit)?

it's good for network tv, probably the best thing on network tv, for whatever that's worth. it's fairly ridiculous, particularly in terms of plotting, because it's "hannibal," which is honestly a bit silly? But it's also very watchable and pretty dark for network tv. it's objectively much better than/darker than, say, Dexter. There is some legitimately arresting imagery, a good deal of which does not seem particularly networky, and a good deal of which is also way better than you'd expect from this particular franchise (post-Silence of the Lambs, I mean). The main actors are good. Mads Mikkelsen owns the character now. And for some reason Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall is in it, and a super reserved Gillian Anderson. The casting is a bit weird and, maybe because of nothing more than my own expectations, makes for some tonal inconsistency; in hindsight the casting might be kind of clever. I enjoy trying to determine whether Laurence Fishburne is losing weight or gaining weight in any given episode (I actually think he might be losing quite a bit at this point!).

Edited by baph

Enjoyed that, thx for sharing.

thx u 4 readin

@doublename i've been enjoying hannibal. The cinematography is well thought out, the soundtrack is all sparse atmospherics based around percussion reverb & environmental noise, and Mads totally nails the role

It's so much better since Damon Wayans Jr came back, he really plays well off the other actors.

Also, Syfy's 12 Monkeys series has received a full 12 episode season airing in January 2015

It's so much better since Damon Wayans Jr came back, he really plays well off the other actors.

You know i saw a trailer for new girl once, and thought holy fuck Damon Wayanes hasn't aged a day!! Turns out it was his son, who looks scary similar to him.

Anyone watching Hannibal? If so, is it good TV or good for network TV (or shit)?

it's good for network tv, probably the best thing on network tv, for whatever that's worth. it's fairly ridiculous, particularly in terms of plotting, because it's "hannibal," which is honestly a bit silly? But it's also very watchable and pretty dark for network tv. it's objectively much better than/darker than, say, Dexter. There is some legitimately arresting imagery, a good deal of which does not seem particularly networky, and a good deal of which is also way better than you'd expect from this particular franchise (post-Silence of the Lambs, I mean). The main actors are good. Mads Mikkelsen owns the character now. And for some reason Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall is in it, and a super reserved Gillian Anderson. The casting is a bit weird and, maybe because of nothing more than my own expectations, makes for some tonal inconsistency; in hindsight the casting might be kind of clever. I enjoy trying to determine whether Laurence Fishburne is losing weight or gaining weight in any given episode (I actually think he might be losing quite a bit at this point!).

pretty accurate. The show is most definitely flawed. But, I'm really down with the strengths baph alluded to.

pretty accurate. The show is most definitely flawed. But, I'm really down with the strengths baph alluded to.

I think the whole first season is streaming on Amazon Prime, so I'll give the show a look. Sounds like it'll be pretty and interesting at the very least. Fanks u guice!

Edited by doublename

I think the whole first season is streaming on Amazon Prime, so I'll give the show a look. Sounds like it'll be pretty and interesting at the very least. Fanks u guice!

Actually the first season was dicey. Very 50/50 on it. I wasn't gonna bother with the second season, but being home most Friday nights I tuned in. Pleasantly surprised with the 2nd season. 2nd season opener was pretty tight. I think it's stronger & more confident of a show now, albeit still flawed.