IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

orange is the new black

started out ok but slowly getting worse.

Yeah there are things I love about it but I got bored around ep8. Same thing happened to me with Weeds.

Girls s3

I hated this show despite watching it for two seasons, which is far more than I can say for boardwalk which I just flat out hated, or game of thrones which I liked somewhat but felt absolutely no need to actually watch.

Girls s3 has improved dramatically in my opinion. It's reached the point where I can almost admit to liking it without feeling like I'm risking my masculinity. It's still a guilty pleasure but the characters have become more sympathetic in some subtle ways... I recommend it

AA_flemingthemanwhowouldbebond_thumbnail

a tv show based on a semi-fictional account that ian fleming was pretty much- james bond, sleeping with all sorts of gorgeous dames, going skiing in exotic european locations whilst simultaneously sloshing down expensive bottles of liquor while moonlighting with dodgy mad tycoons with designs to see england loose the war all in the name of her majesty.

a tough pill to swallow but they did a bang up job on production design

Fairy tail. Watching it whilst i workout on the stationary bike. It's anime not some US tv white noise. Nothing special but it helps pass the time, especially as it's storylines arc over several episodes.

yeah,basically it was like a half hour sketch about a family party where partygoers who,ve had a bit to drink played hide n seek/sardines all ending up hiding in a big wardrobe and a series of historic family secrets are outed to the embarassment of different family members,until one particular person who is cruelly put down executes their revenge in a dark twist at the end,funny at times and awkward at others 6/10 will try again next week

Edited by sunshine recorder

House of Cards original.

I'd watched the US one before I looked at this. Really enjoyed the US version and loved the first season of the original just as much, almost. The second season seems a bit sluggish and not too exciting so far but that may change.

Just got an email saying the new version series 2 is on Netflix in about a week. I'll try and get through the original beforehand.

I look forward to your review of the 2nd installment. (doesn't download first episode then). hahah.

my bad...yeah give it a go,might just have been my mood last night,it was ok,hope they do some horror style stuff,maybe mark gatiss had a lot to do with that tho?

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i'm interested if number 9 gets better too

seeing gatis in sherlock makes me sad as he plays it pretty straight and only one character

watching House of Cards. I have mixed feelings about it - Kevin Spacey is sometimes great and sometimes just plain annoying (with his fake southern accent). my next problem with it is something I hate in a lot of shows: the political aspect is dumbed down and it seems like all work in the USA government is done by a few individuals. I mean cmon, the government is a huge beast and stuff happens EVERY DAY. but I guess you can't make a character-driven show in such a large infrastructure without dumbing it down. the reporter girl is hot.

^if you're like me then you'll like it even less by the end of the season. it takes a particular turn that i felt ruined much of its potential.

in case i or someone else didn't say it already, parks and rec is really good. first two seasons so far anyway.

i'm interested if number 9 gets better too

Yeah same here, actually really enjoyed Psychoville as a sort-of-follow-up to The League, so am hoping this can be as darkly funny.

Although more League would be amazing.

watching House of Cards. I have mixed feelings about it - Kevin Spacey is sometimes great and sometimes just plain annoying (with his fake southern accent). my next problem with it is something I hate in a lot of shows: the political aspect is dumbed down and it seems like all work in the USA government is done by a few individuals. I mean cmon, the government is a huge beast and stuff happens EVERY DAY. but I guess you can't make a character-driven show in such a large infrastructure without dumbing it down. the reporter girl is hot.

i also think that it's an incredibly unrealistic show and often plain silly, i think it has to be watched like those ancient greek dramas. in essence it's a very entertaining play about power and morals.

Edited by eugene

inside number 9 ep.2 -"a quiet night in"- league of gentlemens shearsmith & pembertons half hour spin off series

this is more like it! half hour sketch of two bumbling burglars trying to steal a valuable painting from a wealthy home,not a single word is muttered in the whole show,the use of music is great and some genuinely hilarious slapstick comedy moments,highly recommended 9/10

_72911797_v02_inside_no9_banner_iplayer.

Edited by sunshine recorder