IGNORED

Terrence Malick - Voyage Of Time

Redruth

all things shining man

don't ever change :biggrin:

I really liked Jim Cazaviel aka Jesus in that movie. And I think it's arguably a better film than Days of Heaven. At least, despite whatever merits DoH may have, I have no desire to rewatch it, whereas I have rewatched Thin Red Line multiple times. It has flaws but also some great strengths.

Thin Red Line, anyone? C'mon...

Definitely one of my favorites. It was probably the first Malick film I saw.

yep, me too

Me as well, hence why I was so disappointed with 'The Tree of Life'. Should have been about Jewish mysticism. HA!

Thin Red Line, anyone? C'mon...

Definitely one of my favorites. It was probably the first Malick film I saw.

yep, me too

Me as well, hence why I was so disappointed with 'The Tree of Life'. Should have been about Jewish mysticism. HA!

DINOSAUR AS QLIPHOTH

• 5 years later...

Dear jeebus Malick fell off

absolutely loved his old and middle films: far from heaven, badlands, thin red line, even the the new world

but damn....knight of cups, song to song....just narcissistic star worshipping garbage

• 2 months later...

haven't seen knight of cups, but song to song i liked.

i felt the narcissistic aspect was part of the modern mindset malick was trying to dissect in that movie. without being too judgmental about it, i guess. although the characters did seem deeply unhappy with themselves.

it was a bit over the top. for instance in the sense that everything was designer something: designer houses, designer cars, designer clothes, designer furniture. i don't think it was just meant as worship. i think he tried to show the emptyness behind it especially because these things are being worshipped in modern society. like malick is commenting on the real world soap about the kardashians. without being judgmental. but that's what i took from it.

i don't remember being too big of a fan of tree of life, but i like song to song more. it was more engaging, even though the plot was way back in the background. almost unimportant. and i feel it's almost the message of the movie: life is more important than chasing some plot.

anyone see this voyage of time btw?

absolutely love his old and middle films: far from heaven, badlands, thin red line, even the the new world

plus th tree of life imo.. and, 

..then, th things changed.. to,  not so good..

:(

I've seen it. As far as I can remember it was pretty bad, but the visuals are nice. Honestly I can't remember a thing from the film except some lush shots of lava and a feeling of disappointment, I saw it last year in 2013.

Jesus, time is moving too fast these days.

I saw it at a film festival last fall, my perception of time wasn't as fuckled as I thought, so I guess it's been finished for a while. Don't get your hopes up!

I've seen it. As far as I can remember it was pretty bad, but the visuals are nice. Honestly I can't remember a thing from the film except some lush shots of lava and a feeling of disappointment, I saw it last year in 2013.

lava and disappointment? sounds like an apt description of my entire life after 30..

are you getting confused with th werner herzog documentary? very good btw.

into th inferno http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4846318/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Nah, I definitely saw the voyage of time, the long version narrated by Cate Blanchett. It basically felt like an extension of the space/dino stuff from the Tree of Life.

oh, my. i did not know that this alternate version existed.. would much rather listen to cate blathering on, than brad..

looks quite psychedelic really. is it not just abstraction from tree of life space? there is larva?

space lava?   :)

aliens in their toilets after an late night and spicy foods..?

Haha, definitely not. The lava stuff is the "creation of earth" part of the film. There are some bad CGI dinos, obviously, and the modern day stuff doesn't really work. But as I said, I hardly remember any of it.

rather cate than brad? u sure? i thought cate was pretty annoying in lord of the rings. it didn't take too long for those f-ing elves to get on my nerves. i'm sure i'm still pavloved into hating cate narrating over a film. brad seems less annoying imoooooooo

Haha, definitely not. The lava stuff is the "creation of earth" part of the film. There are some bad CGI dinos, obviously, and the modern day stuff doesn't really work. But as I said, I hardly remember any of it.

cgi dinos? really? werner went down that road briefly and he failed failed failed!

poor terrence. i love you terrence. don't call it a comeback. terrence, you've some

serious catching up work to do.. your tree of life period is over face it, move on. just

get on with the next season friend..

Archived