IGNORED

[WARPbot] Aphex Twin: Remote Orchestra show at The Barbican, London

Joyrex

We are excited to announce a one-off evening of music from Aphex Twin at London's Barbican Hall, with assistance from The Heritage Orchestra and Choir.

More on Warp.net

Aphex Twin / Remote Orchestra show at The Barbican, London

Warp - Records - Aphex Twin - Remote Orchestra show at The Barbican, London
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, still not 100% sure what I feel about this performance (after another listen of the Polish one from a while back). It does kind of feel like another one of Mr. James' pranks towards the po faced experimental music scene.

Can anyone honestly say that they enjoyed that Poland performance? I love me a bit of serialism and atonal orchestral music, but that performance sounded (from the recording) absolutely garbage.

Can anyone honestly say that they enjoyed that Poland performance? I love me a bit of serialism and atonal orchestral music, but that performance sounded (from the recording) absolutely garbage.

Yes I would like to know too. Anyone been? Is it worth seeing?

Yeah the Poland Pendericki show wasn't my cup of tea but no mention of Pendericki for the London shows so I presume the source material will be different

I don't get people's beef with this, regardless of whether you like it or not he's doing something different/experimenting. It's obviously going to be completely different to Poland, as beerwolf said the content will be different - probably more his material than interpreting someone else's? As for sound quality on youtube... dude :cisfor:

I went to a Hecker sound art show in Cornwall that blew my mind, but if I'd been watching it online I wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes. GIVE IT A CHANCE.

Fuck the Barbicans website it's a joke, never had problems before booking tickets. Doesn't recognise my postcode? Drrrrrrrrrrrrr. Doesn't recognise I have selected a seat, Drrrrrrrrrr. Doesn't recognise anything in my basket, Drrrrrrrrrrrr. Can't create an account, Drrrrrrrr. Basically doesn't do fuck all then.

Looks like I will have to phone them.

Archived