IGNORED

Funny Pictures Part 2

Joyrex

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a_524_20140528165906.jpg

I read some of this, up to the neighbor with a fish sticker, then I just couldn't do it any more. The witty parent is just obnoxious, the teacher seems cool and sensible.

a_524_20140528165906.jpg

I read some of this, up to the neighbor with a fish sticker, then I just couldn't do it any more. The witty parent is just obnoxious, the teacher seems cool and sensible.

You don't have to be religious to enjoy it :biggrin: No wait, you'd have to be religious to not enjoy it. I enjoyed it thouroughly.

Funny that I read this now as earlier today there were two women at my door to spread the word of God. In Antwerp, this is a rather rare occurence. The last time was some eighteen years ago. They weren't hardcore or anything and the talk we had was done after just two minutes.

I'm always surprised with the way people sound when they talk about this stuff. I see a perfectly sane looking, logically thinking person saying things that aren't sane or logical. It's pretty much the way I feel when someone is clearly lying to me and expect me to believe it. What else to do than carefully nod and wait for him/her to admit they're bullsh*tting?

On the other hand I am prepared to admit that some scientific concepts that I think are plausible are pretty far fetched and require some 'belief'. Would I sound the same way to other people when I'm talking about the relativity of time and space the way religious people sound to me? After all I'm just saying after what someone else has written in a book or who has the means to prove it.

Oh well, back to the funnies...

I agree that it became obnoxious. i'm not religious.

I agree that it became obnoxious. i'm not religious.

I don't mean that he should do something like that. He's being agressively cynical towards the other person instead of towards religion itself. I found it funny as an item on 'funny pictures', not that I agree with his way of showing his disapproval. The same way I could enjoy a slasher movie, but not a massacre on the evening news.

I kind of agree with his view on religion, but what he said should have been done as a comedy act or something. He does address the fact that it may not all be so innocent to have plays like that for and by children. Same thing with those American history plays that make it sound like there was no time before the Founding Fathers (or is that just in the movies?). The thing is that it's about children. They should be protected from something like doctrine, because it will limit their ability to be critical later on. I doubt religious folk will encourage critical thinking when it comes to, well, religion. Not allowed, it seems...

a_524_20140528165906.jpg

I can't believe people keep responding to the guy's emails.

qGqnul3.gif

bahahahaha

Archived