IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest AcrossCanyons

just finished bioshock infinite. i don't think it was as good as 1 or 2 but it is an amazing game. loved the ending.

been playing doom 1 and 2 on fucking hard!!! amazing game experience, they don't make em like that anymore

It wasn't until I replayed them a year or so ago (played right through Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Quake1 - on normal rather than hard) that I noticed how bloody amazing the level design is. In fact some of them (when there's an overwhelming amount of enemies and ammo is scarce) almost become puzzle games. One level in particular (Tricks and Traps) has a room packed with [can't remember the name, the ones that sound like goats when they die] and a cyberdemon, when I was a kid and just iddqd'd through it I wondered how it was even remotely possible, but replaying it properly you just watch them jostle around until one fires wildly creating a free-for-all between the monsters and you just clear up the stragglers at the end. It actually reminds me a little of Hotline Miami in that respect - you're outgunned, but working out a strategy & path will win them over every time.

playing brutal doom in 1080p on my 42" with 5.1 speakers (close to maxed sub) using a 360 gamepad. this is too goddamn amazing. feels like im playing doom for the first time all over again, thanks autopilot.

So, what's this thing?

it has +5 Million views, but I never heard of it.

"Made by the creators of The Witcher and The Witcher 2", those games any good?

If you're into RPGs they're supposedly some of the best... they're definitely beautiful.

Glad to see you guys are digging Brutal Doom. I can't sing its praises enough. I'm a huge fan of the Doom games, having played them consistently since they were released 2 decades ago, and I've been playing BD for about half a year. This mod is seriously one of the most fun shooters I've ever played.

Just remember that the assault rifle (pistol replacement) is very useful even in later levels, because you can use it to get headshots on really damaging enemies like revenants & chaingun guys. Melee is really useful to knock back the pink demons and lost souls, giving you time to reload or switch weapons, since they can swarm you in seconds now. (unlike vanilla doom where the lost souls just sort of hover around aimlessly and are easily avoided)

[edit] ...and yeah, playing it on a couch/TV with a 360 gamepad just feels so good.

Edited by autopilot

About Fallout 4...

The rumor windmill spun out of control this week as a number of people speculated that Bethesda had shown their newest Fallout game behind closed doors at E3, but the publisher says that's just not true.

It started with a tease by 2old2play.com writer Derek Nolan, who hinted that he had seen something unannounced at Bethesda's booth during E3 in Los Angeles last week. Gaming forum NeoGAF picked up the tweets, and the breathless speculation began. An unannounced game? At E3? Fallout 4?

Fallout 4, of course, has not been announced yet, although Bethesda recently said that the Skyrim team has moved onto their next project, which many have assumed will be the next game in their post-apocalyptic open-world RPG series.

Then, a website called Bubblews said that Fallout 4 had been shown at E3, and that it would be out for current- and next-gen consoles in 2015. Popular video game websites like VG247 reported this news. Bubblews also posted what they say is a logo for Fallout 4, which looks a whole lot like an image from deviantART.

I was curious, of course, as we hadn't heard about any unannounced Bethesda titles at the show floor, and I thought this whole thing sounded rather ridiculous. So I asked Bethesda, and they sent over a statement:

"We showed three games at E3 - Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Elder Scrolls Online and The Evil Within. We did not show any of our games behind closed doors."

That's about as straightforward an answer as you can get. If Fallout 4 was shown to press at E3, it's news to us—and it seems like it's news to Bethesda, too.

The Last of Us is fantastic so far. I'm playing on Hard and am just loving it. I think this and Beyond: Two Souls will be the best graphics the PS3 will reach. That is not a complaint in the least.

I also picked up God of War: Ascension. I'll be playing that once I finish The Last of Us.

How on earth is it possible that I've never even heard of The Last Of Us until right now? :mellow:

It's kinda great though, since now I don't have to wait until it comes out. It does look very good indeed. Still, how did I manage ...

How on earth is it possible that I've never even heard of The Last Of Us until right now? :mellow:

It's kinda great though, since now I don't have to wait until it comes out. It does look very good indeed. Still, how did I manage ...

its better that i hear about these games later, so i can get them for cheaper without feeling out of the loop....SKyrim was the only one in recent memory that I finally broke down and bought for near full price.

I'm 60% through The Last of Us, absolutely loving it, but taking it nice and slow. probably won't have finished it before I go off on hol for 2 weeks. oh well!

started up Skyrim Legendary edition with a new character....using a one-handed assassin Redguard...excited to build my own house!

Guest Pennywise

A couple of hours into the Last of us. Not blown away so far. The beginning was really cool. I dunno, the stealth thing isn't really exciting as much as everyone keeps going on about. Early doors though. I really hope i'm wrong cos i blew £40 on it.

Guest Pennywise

EDITED POST

A couple of hours into the Last of us. Not blown away so far. The beginning was really cool. I dunno, the stealth thing isn't really exciting as much as everyone keeps going on about.

Maybe Its because I'm at the tutorial stage of the game but the enemies just stand there just waiting to be strangled. I've experienced a couple of bugs too. A guy clipped through the barricade he was hiding behind and I punched a guy through an iron handrail.

other things that are lame

-Strangling is really noisy, but no one seems to notice.

-why the fuck cant I move dead bodies?

Early doors though. I really hope i'm wrong cos i blew £40 on it. I guess my expectations were so high considering the reviews. Yeh I know, it probably gets better. Fuck me, right?

still keep going back to path of exile. got a good fire witch build going. this game is everything that D3 shoulda been, and it's free as shit atm. clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

Guest vodor

girlfriend and i plowed through last of us on the weekend of its release. i haven't done that for a game in a long time. it was a great way to experience it, i think.

it doesn't really do anything new, but it does everything perfectly. the gameplay is super standard for today, but it's very well-tuned and suspenseful. there are some tough spots and truly great survival horror sections. actual fear-inducing shit. one part in particular.

the game really shines in its graphics and detailed environments. you spend most of your time walking around slowly and scavenging, and it's a great pace to take in the amazing art and design.

and of course the capstone of it all are the character arcs, especially joel. not really spoilers, but to be safe (because i'm one of those that likes to know nothing going into something, i understand!):

it's predictable for most of the game, with the slowly-building relationship stuff, but then the end adds a flourish that takes it beyond the cliches. chill-inducing excellent stuff right at the very end that just feels... real. it rings true. i love it.

Just got an iphone after having one of these:

8902390_1.jpg

for the last couple of years.

Anyone got any recommendations for decent and unobvious iphone games?

Actually, I probably don't know the obvious good games, so show me those too please?