IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

iboBjsizsSwQzH.jpg

whoa.

Yep, you definitely get the Rendezvous with Rama vibe in certain space stations.

Rama_copy.jpg

Spacecolony3edit.jpeg

I tried it with the Oculus DK2 for the first time yesterday. After some initial setup blips, I got it up and running... and my God, if it wasn't the most immersive VR I've ever experienced. Just being able to look around your cockpit, virtual control panels appearing on screen automatically if you look in the right direction... I found myself just sat on a station launchpad in my ship, in awe as I was able to crane my neck around the cockpit and see ships going about their business flying overhead... it was beyond quite good. It's not without its problems - text can be difficult to read unless you're looking directly at it - but you can't help but be consumed by the overall experience.

Finished a wolf among us, I really liked it, much better than the recent walking dead episodes. Stylish noir fantasy thing based on the fables comics (which I never read) which in turn are based on ehm.. fairytales. Much better than it sounds! Telltale needs to code themselves a new engine though, it's buggy and broken as fuck, really destroys the immersion.

Edited by Gocab

Rogue legacy feels like a bit of a hack fraud platformer. The controls are fine enough? But the gameplay is just chaotic and random. I know that its a roguelike (the game couldnt emphasise this enough) but the levels just throw a shit ton of enemies at you in every room and theres no clean way to manage it without just watching your health trickle down. Theres nothing clean or precise about the gameplay at all, compared to the games its in similar style to. I honestly feel like ive been scammed, buying a game thats just cashing in on the rogue hype. I had my concerns prior to playing but the game is getting pretty solid reviews. Bunch of lying sheeple.

Goes back to playing spelunky^^

This is precisely why the game works for me, I'm level 50 and I've only just beaten a second boss (the one in the forest). The whole appeal of this game for me is that no dungeon is repeated, sure you might come across the same room from time to time, but it's never a part of the same dungeon, so it's pretty easy to keep jumping back in without growing tired of it.

Fuck yes - I spent way too much time this weekend playing Rogue Legacy. Fun as HELL!

fucking hell there's no way to resolve Into The Pitt nicely. goddammit.

it was reasonably entertaining, but thank god i got it for 2 quid in CEX. i would have been extremely annoyed had i paid the initial 12.99 or whatever it cost for about 2 hours gameplay.

Nintendo's head of courting & promoting indie games has quit, apparently after endless bullshit within the company & being censored over what he was allowed to say while doing his own job.

Rumblings getting louder of certain board members (possibly the Yamauchis) May attempt a coup and force Iwata to be removed.

Pff, of the current gen consoles (PS4,Xbone, WiiU) the Nintendo one is the only console I actually have any interest in the games coming out.

It's the reason I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon, Nintendo has a much better lineup for the next year.

Pff, of the current gen consoles (PS4,Xbone, WiiU) the Nintendo one is the only console I actually have any interest in the games coming out.

It's the reason I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon, Nintendo has a much better lineup for the next year.

wat

i bought a wii u today... playing new super mario bros is very enjoyable :music:

a question: i was playing it on my new tv in the living room which is 1080 but decided it's a better fit in my bedroom on my smaller tv,, which is 720. now i thought wii u was 720 , i read that online, but it must be 1080 because it doesn't look as good on the smaller tv.

is the wii u 1080?

wat

Apart from Bloodborne, there's nothing exciting coming out that's been announced. There's about 20 games I want to play for Wii U.

Guest jasondonervan

Resident Evil Re:make (AKA The Gamecube version) being 'remastered'

"Capcom has announced Resident Evil for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Due out digitally in North America and Europe in early 2015, the game is a remastered version of the 2002 GameCube version of Resident Evil, which featured new visuals, gameplay elements, environments, and story details from the 1996 PSone release.

The current-gen versions of the game will offer 1080p graphics, while previous gen offers 720p. The game will feature 5.1 surround sound support, both 4:3 and 16:9 play ratios, and different control schemes. The classic control scheme remains for fans who want to play in the original style, while the alternative control scheme, where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, is also available."

Resident-Evil_2014_08-05-14_001.jpg_600.

Resident-Evil_2014_08-05-14_005.jpg_600.

Resident-Evil_2014_08-05-14_011.jpg_600.

Guest jasondonervan

Looks like the only physical release will be the Japanese PS3 version. The West will be blessed with download-only versions.

BuRMvzBIEAEYkEx.jpg

why cant they just make a new resident evil in the style of the first couple. I dont understand some companies inability to recreate a system that was perfect, instead of just turning it into chunder, i mean theyve done it once. just wrap a brand new story, some new weapons around a new world with the oldschool camera style instead of re-hashing an admittedly spectacular game for the third time.