IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

New 3DS models out 11th October in Japan:

New-3DS-Ann-Init.jpg

"Nintendo will release two new 3DS models in Japan on October 11.

Dubbed the “New Nintendo 3DS,” the model will be available in both standard and XL versions.

The new models’ main new feature is a new C-Stick on the right-hand side, replicating the features of the SlidePad add-on for free camera movement. Upcoming games where it will be of use include Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Dragon Quest X Online, Final Fantasy Explorers, and Super Smash Bros..

Also new are the “ZR” and “ZL” buttons, as well as a 3D shake prevention function and NFC functionality compatibility. The system itself runs faster, as well.

For those who prefer a little customization, the system also offers changeable cover plates.

The standard New Nintendo 3DS will be available in white and black. It features a 3.88 inch screen on top and 3.33 inch screen on the bottom. It will cost 16,000 yen.

The New Nintendo 3DS XL will be available in metallic blue and metallic black variations. It features a 4.88 inch screen on top and 4.18 inch screen on the bottom. It will cost 18,800 yen."

Assholes, now I want a new one! That stick looks way too tiny and pretty damned malplaced though.

Guest jasondonervan

They are upgrades, increased CPU, Micro SD support (hooray).

We won't see them until 2015, they're only out in Japan in October - on the same day that the new Monster Hunter comes out there (Nintendo know what they're doing with that)

They are upgrades, increased CPU, Micro SD support (hooray).

We won't see them until 2015, they're only out in Japan in October - on the same day that the new Monster Hunter comes out there (Nintendo know what they're doing with that)

Awesome. I'll wait until I buy one again then. More Xenoblade is only good news.

It looks like it ONLY takes micro SD, and you have to remove the battery plate to change it, they also moved the game slot from the back of the unit (where it's been since the original Gameboy) and moved it to the lower left, directly under the touch screen. don't like that.

Guest jasondonervan

Improved viewing angle for the 3D using gyro sensor is neat, even if I don't actually bother with the 3D function 95% of the time.

Guest bitroast

Looks like there's a shitload of face plates for the new consoles coming:

www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/new/sp/kisekae/index.html

Clever clever.

I want that grey snes style one with the super colourful buttons.. but in XL for my big dumb hands.

Why only release the snes tribute in small size?? Surely theyre targeting adults with big dumb hands to feel nostalgiac for the snes one.

I really hate it when a game doesn't follow its own rules.

For instance, this beam is strong enough to pick up a grown woman. A grown woman is heavy enough to push down a button. But this beam isn't strong enough to push down a button? Wat.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-08-21 at 12.33.45 AM.png

I have never noticed that, but you're right. The beam should be able to push the button. I hope that does not bother you enough to make you not enjoy the game though.

By the way, if we're bragging about O&S, I did kill them in NG++... Smough first

It can suspend and carry a near-frictionless mass at a certain velocity. The button is stuck in one place with friction, but the object is already moving and has enough momentum to depress the button.

Beat Dark Souls earlier tonight, that was hands down probably the most challenging game I've ever played, and it beat the shit out of me through most of the first half (I found the 2nd half a bit easier, but that's probably because I was leveled up and used to the game by then), but despite all that it was a pretty great game, and I definitely enjoyed it... Now to play NG+ for the next 10 days until Destiny comes out. Then that's all I'm gonna be playing.

BTW if any of you other WATMMers want to join up for a fireteam in Destiny, send me a request with WATMM in the message and your name on here if it differs from your PSN name.

Edited by ghOsty

Beat Dark Souls earlier tonight, that was hands down probably the most challenging game I've ever played, and it beat the shit out of me through most of the first half (I found the 2nd half a bit easier, but that's probably because I was leveled up and used to the game by then), but despite all that it was a pretty great game, and I definitely enjoyed it... Now to play NG+ for the next 10 days until Destiny comes out. Then that's all I'm gonna be playing.

BTW if any of you other WATMMers want to join up for a fireteam in Destiny, send me a request with WATMM in the message and your name on here if it differs from your PSN name.

on PS4?

Dark Souls is easily one of the best games I've ever played. It's a pity the sequel wasn't nearly as consistent, or as interesting.

Am going back to red dead redemption to finish it, what a beautiful game, Love checking out the scenery, watch day turn into night, see the sky colors change. Hope they do a sequel for the new generation of consoles.

on PS4?

Dark Souls is easily one of the best games I've ever played. It's a pity the sequel wasn't nearly as consistent, or as interesting.

Yeah, PS4

New 3DS models out 11th October in Japan:

New-3DS-Ann-Init.jpg

"Nintendo will release two new 3DS models in Japan on October 11.

Dubbed the “New Nintendo 3DS,” the model will be available in both standard and XL versions.

The new models’ main new feature is a new C-Stick on the right-hand side, replicating the features of the SlidePad add-on for free camera movement. Upcoming games where it will be of use include Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Dragon Quest X Online, Final Fantasy Explorers, and Super Smash Bros..

Also new are the “ZR” and “ZL” buttons, as well as a 3D shake prevention function and NFC functionality compatibility. The system itself runs faster, as well.

For those who prefer a little customization, the system also offers changeable cover plates.

The standard New Nintendo 3DS will be available in white and black. It features a 3.88 inch screen on top and 3.33 inch screen on the bottom. It will cost 16,000 yen.

The New Nintendo 3DS XL will be available in metallic blue and metallic black variations. It features a 4.88 inch screen on top and 4.18 inch screen on the bottom. It will cost 18,800 yen."

I really wish they'd be a little smarter here. First off, when they bring this thing over here, they need to change the name to something like 3DS Plus, because "New Nintendo 3DS" is just going to be just as confusing to people as Wii U is.

The main problem will be having exclusive games that won't play on older 3DS models. There's no way I'm going to buy this new one as is considering I have only owned an XL for a year. However, if they come up with some sort of program that gives you like 75% credit toward the new model by trading in your old one, I'll happily do it. It just seems unfair. What about parents who go out and buy 3DS for their kids this Christmas? Shortly after that, the mostly-superior "NEW" model comes out and their kid's new gift is obsolete. Not only that, but the kid sees a game that he/she wants to play and asks the parent to buy it, and then when they get it, they find out that although it says 3DS on the box, it won't play on theirs. It's a slippery slope that they need to find a way to avoid when they launch it in the US.

Nintendo has always been good about labeling compatibility like "Only For New 3DS" I mean there were several iterations of gameboy, and DS so consumers that aren't idiots should at least have some clue, of course misinformation spread by advertising inserts & store displays doesn't do anyone any favors.

Was fortunate enough to attend a Disney event recently, and the Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Superheroes looks really great. A quantum leap above the last game, they have refined everything. Skill trees, assist NPCs, alternate costumes, event discs (Infinity Gauntlet is one), toy box templates, toy box adventure discs, assist attacks, and even more obscure environment themes. Game templates for Toy Box are also new, make your own RPG, FPS, tower defense etc. there are also new Disney characters coming in November, including Hiro & Baymax from Big Hero 6.

It really looks like a Marvel fan's wet dream, best Marvel game since Ultimate Alliance IMO.

Republicans have come up with their own lame platformer to help win elections??

http://www.missionmajority.com

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/26/6071205/republicans-launch-platform-game-to-aid-election-push

I will never understand the world those people think they're living in.