IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Is there any difference between the PS1 remake, and the DS remake?

PS1: anime cut scenes, load times

DS: low res, inferior sound, revised translation, tacked on additional content

best team:

magus, lucca, robo

The problem is that it tells you everything at once: "so here's where you do this and if you do this instead you'll get this, and when that's done you'll have access to a new range of stuff that gives you the ability to see this thing and now you're fucked".

Just go with the flow, look things up online and ask questions here if there's something you can't fans the answer to :)

Alright, cool :)

Well, maybe you explain how the cooldown on "powers" work, it's pretty vague to me. Probably not that complicated, but is it tied to potions or is there just a timed limitation on them?

The problem is that it tells you everything at once: "so here's where you do this and if you do this instead you'll get this, and when that's done you'll have access to a new range of stuff that gives you the ability to see this thing and now you're fucked".Just go with the flow, look things up online and ask questions here if there's something you can't fans the answer to :)

Alright, cool :)

Well, maybe you explain how the cooldown on "powers" work, it's pretty vague to me. Probably not that complicated, but is it tied to potions or is there just a timed limitation on them?

It's timed but if you roll around like crazy during combat he'll have a hard time powering up again as it's also tied to your stamina.

Taking a break from robbing banks and being kicked out of heists for no good reason, began playing Ori and the Blind Forest.

It is not only a great to control platformer with enjoyable and rewarding exploration, it's one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen. If you like what Vanillaware do, you must play this. Jaw dropping!

2015-08-09_00001.jpg

2015-08-09_00002.jpg

Guest bitroast

Tried installing GTA v onto ps4 last night from >>disc<<. System turned off after four hours. Checked it now and its started from scratch. Checked google and people are reporting their disc installs taking 6-10 hours.

What ??? the fuck is this ???

I better get a fucking trophy once this has finished installing :catrage:

lol weak

fuckin' modern vidjas...

just played a bit of sc2 hots campaign which i never really started. was pretty fun. bought it for $10 about 6 months ago but didn't really play it until now...

After finishing Day of the Tentacle in matter of hours a couple of days ago, I launched The Curse of Monkey Island and played 20 minutes of it or so and managed to get off the first island onto my ship. Man, if only I could remember everything as well as these games.

After finishing Day of the Tentacle in matter of hours a couple of days ago, I launched The Curse of Monkey Island and played 20 minutes of it or so and managed to get off the first island onto my ship. Man, if only I could remember everything as well as these games.

I remember those Lucas Arts point & click adventure games. There are a couple of recent games by indie developers that follow the exact same style. Primordia is one, and there's a cyberpunk-themed one for which I forget the title.

Still on Borderlands 2, as the Mechromancer. Just reached lvl 46 and pushing on to 50, at which point I can "unlock" a weapons cache I created in the Sanctuary loot bank, after using my lvl 55 Siren to scoop up some Purples and Legendaries by farming one of the Raid bosses. Clappy's secret stash makes it possible to transfer loot between characters. Not gonna bother with UVHM though - that universal enemy health regen is bullshit.

I remember those Lucas Arts point & click adventure games. There are a couple of recent games by indie developers that follow the exact same style. Primordia is one, and there's a cyberpunk-themed one for which I forget the title.

Yeah, I still need to play Gemini Rue and all the other ones made by the same developer

Guest bitroast

Tried installing GTA v onto ps4 last night from >>disc<<. System turned off after four hours. Checked it now and its started from scratch. Checked google and people are reporting their disc installs taking 6-10 hours.

lol. turns out it was a glitch that is easily fixed by cancelling the install, removing disc, reinserting disc, and trying again.

funny thing is, if you search google you find HEAPS of people reporting the same issue.

come on rockstar/sony, pull it together.

lol. turns out it was a glitch that is easily fixed by cancelling the install, removing disc, reinserting disc, and trying again.

funny thing is, if you search google you find HEAPS of people reporting the same issue.

hopefully i'll remember this if i ever beat gta4 and get 5

Rockstar (And Sony) are not exactly the finest examples of software engineering, sadly.

Been playing a lot of the H1Z1 battle royale mode, amazingly twisted fun. It's a zombie-free alternate mode where upwards of 140 people parachute into a huge map, given a short time to scrounge up whatever weapons and gear they can find, and then more than two thirds of the map becomes gradually filled with deadly gas. One must use a rudimentary map-and-compass navigation system to make it to the safe zone, and avoid being killed in the process - more than enough people are happy to risk their deaths in the soon-to-be toxic zone in order to pick off stragglers. The safe zone (an oxymoron) gradually shrinks to an absurdly small area, as the final survivors fight until only one remains. Every type of house, rural area or car wreck promises better gear, but also the constant danger of campers and folks using every ugly method to get you killed. The woods provide camouflage but there the long range assault rifle is king, and without the luck of finding one in time you are a prime target if someone else stalks the same area as you. The huge amount of variables, such as vehicles, weapon variety from knives and crossbows to fully automatic rifles, and the way people race eachother all the way from the parachute descent (to the goodie-filled domestic areas), to the final square foot of the safe zone, makes for an intense experience. The game doesn't look that great but it's smooth, lag and load-free and incredibly fun. You're constantly reminded of the dwindling survivor count, while you're struggling to find better gear, every detour is risky as the toxic gas is approaching. in the distance someone is running over people in a burning car and someone in the woods may have spotted you... Crazy!

Still on Borderlands 2, as the Mechromancer. Just reached lvl 46 and pushing on to 50, at which point I can "unlock" a weapons cache I created in the Sanctuary loot bank, after using my lvl 55 Siren to scoop up some Purples and Legendaries by farming one of the Raid bosses. Clappy's secret stash makes it possible to transfer loot between characters. Not gonna bother with UVHM though - that universal enemy health regen is bullshit.

UVHM isn't as bad as you might think, it just causes you to really use the elemental weapon system & play more cautiously/conservatively. Maps that you could clear in 15 minutes on normal and 30 on TVHM will take 60-90 minutes in UVHM.

Also if you don't already, you should follow the Borderlands Twitter account. They're always posting codes for the Sanctuary loot chest on there, which always contains purples at your current level. I save all my gold keys for characters above lv50 and save all the gear for other characters. If you keep hording all the purples & oranges (and seraph/pearlescent if you have those expansions) you get above level 50 and swap them between other characters, then UVHM gets easier each time you go through it. Also the 'Badass Rank' makes things easier each time as well.

If you want help farming Pyro Pete for legendaries & seraph crystals PM me and we can play sometime.

UVHM isn't as bad as you might think, it just causes you to really use the elemental weapon system & play more cautiously/conservatively. Maps that you could clear in 15 minutes on normal and 30 on TVHM will take 60-90 minutes in UVHM.

Also if you don't already, you should follow the Borderlands Twitter account. They're always posting codes for the Sanctuary loot chest on there, which always contains purples at your current level. I save all my gold keys for characters above lv50 and save all the gear for other characters. If you keep hording all the purples & oranges (and seraph/pearlescent if you have those expansions) you get above level 50 and swap them between other characters, then UVHM gets easier each time you go through it. Also the 'Badass Rank' makes things easier each time as well.

If you want help farming Pyro Pete for legendaries & seraph crystals PM me and we can play sometime.

waiting for the ps4 bordlerands collection to drop <$30 to play with the missus. had a rad time with the first one

Word. I already farmed Pete a bunch of times w/ my Siren going solo. But since UVHM was introduced that's the only mode by which you can get Seraph crystals now I understand. Might make a UVHM run later on tho.

waiting for the ps4 bordlerands collection to drop <$30 to play with the missus. had a rad time with the first one

So tacky in some ways, yet so addictive. Wasn't that impressed with the Pre-Sequel tho after playing BL2.

Yeah, you can only get seraph crystals in UVHM now, which I guess makes sense since you could "break" the game by popping into TVHM, farming bosses 10 levels below you for crystals, then pop back into UVHM and buying seraph gear at your current level.

PS: Speaking of seraph weapons, you should totally do a zapper/anarchy build with your mechro and get a new "Florentine" seraph SMG every 5 or so levels. Weapon does both shock & slag damage and when you've got high anarchy & shock damage buffs it just clears rooms like nothing.

Yeah the game ceases to be fun when you're @ a way higher level than your opponents and diminishes the challenge, but at the same time it gets frustrating when it's excessively challenging. It's all about balance, really.

A Mechro shock build I can do, but I'm hesitant about the Ordered Chaos skill tree for some reason. You might be more experienced with that character class than I am tho.

Well if you're already above level 50 and have not tried an anarchy build it might be difficult to get the hang of. What I would do is, when around 0 anarchy use a Jakobs shotgun with a very small clip to take out enemies until you get to 50-100 stacks. If you can get a shock Hyperion shotgun that'd be a useful alternate as you're getting your damage modifiers while farming anarchy, but it might still be faster to use Jakobs since you get a stack every time you reload. Also Jakobs shotguns have super fast reloading which is very useful for farming anarchy. Unfortunately there's no elemental Jakobs weapons. Once you get above 100 anarchy you become a chaotic murder machine.

I use a build pretty close to this one:

http://bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#550050101351050055000500410155121010

One great thing about this game is that it has an awesome community. It's been out for a few years now so there's plenty of experts all over who'll help you out. I was suffering as Axton in UVHM until a player told me that his grenade-damage-buff skills work for Torgue weapons as well. Re-spec'd and got some new gear and now I'm crushing it.

Edited by autopilot

Guest Enter a new display name

My top 5 in no particular order:

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Mushihimesama Futari

Crimzon Clover

Silent Hill 2

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night