IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Been saving up for a new console, pretty sure I'm going to get the white ps4.

Good for you. White PS4 is IDM as fuck.

whiteps4-2.jpg

The only bit I don't like is how the control bits are black still... but then again, having them white as well would mean the controller would get sooo dirty...

I read up some on that playstation now service. My internet speed is pretty ghetto, not sure if I'll be able to efficiently play streaming from a magical data cloud. But it is very nice to see they are going to release some older gems on the ps4. I've wanted to play flower and journey for a long time. That 360 degrees defender type game that came out with the ps4 also looks great.

The "P.T." playable teaser/tech demo for PS4 is awesome and scary as fuck! It definitely brings back the classic Silent Hill vibe of the first 4, really unsettling. Kojima and Del Toro working together is gonna be amazing. Norman Reedus as the main charachter is a nice icing on the cake as well. As a long time Silient Hill fan and fan of Kojima's games I cannot wait for this!

Edited by ghOsty

I just watched a Let's Play of P.T. and now I am immensely excited for this. Even with a Youtube commentator talking it was still unnervingly scary. If the quality is up to par with that teaser (I don't see why it wouldn't be), then I expect great things. I really hope it's in first person, too, as the immersion provided by that view really takes the horror to another level.

Guest jasondonervan

P.T. is sat on the PS4, waiting to scare the bejesus out of me...

I'm looking forward to getting more scares with the new Zero (Fatal Frame) on Wii U:

I'm a big fan of the series, actually importing a Japanese unit for it (damn you Nintendo and your archaic approach to region locking), but I also have a collection of Japanese Wii games tucked away so I get to enjoy those at last as well. Fortunately I have a man in Japan who can grab one for me, and fingers crossed I will duck any import duties. Can't wait.

0107jksv.jpg

012hik4c.jpg

008j5jv7.jpg

I read up some on that playstation now service. My internet speed is pretty ghetto, not sure if I'll be able to efficiently play streaming from a magical data cloud. But it is very nice to see they are going to release some older gems on the ps4. I've wanted to play flower and journey for a long time. That 360 degrees defender type game that came out with the ps4 also looks great.

They recommend at least 5Mb down, so unless you are on really low-tier DSL, I think you might be OK - it has a test you can run to see if your connection is up to snuff (and I strongly recommend a hardwire connection, especially with the PS3, as the PS3 wifi radio sucks (and is only 802.11G).

You're talking about Resogun (which was given away FREE on PS+) - one of the PS4's best games, hands down. They recently came out with an expansion which I happily bought and still play it.

The "P.T." playable teaser/tech demo for PS4 is awesome and scary as fuck! It definitely brings back the classic Silent Hill vibe of the first 4, really unsettling. Kojima and Del Toro working together is gonna be amazing. Norman Reedus as the main charachter is a nice icing on the cake as well. As a long time Silient Hill fan and fan of Kojima's games I cannot wait for this!

HOLY SHIT I played this last night (with the lights off, of course) with my son - this was the first time in about 20+ years I have felt actual fear (and got goosebumps) playing a game (or any game for that matter) - the level of immersion in the demo is amazing, and if the full game keeps that, Silent Hills will be an amazing game, for sure. The puzzles in the demo are incredibly well done - we still haven't got the phone to ring or the baby to laugh twice - and for God's sake, DON'T look in the bathroom sink (really, DO look - disturbing as FUCK).

The P.T. final puzzle is extremely difficult. I've been watching streamers fail for hours and hours the last few days. No one can even give a definite answer about the solution even though people have beaten it multiple times.

Guest Roksen Creek

Yeah no one actually seems to know why you have to do those certain actions for the last puzzle. The first people to do it must have fluked it or brute forced it, and then most others were given hints, read forums or just watched the streams to complete it.

Joyrex, might as well tell you now you will never complete that last puzzle unless someone tells you. It's just so obscure and seemingly random (though I'm sure the devs have some bizarre explanation).

Edit: actually you probably already know as you're aware you need the phone to ring

Edited by Roksen Creek

I'm pretty sure a friend and I have figured out how to solve the puzzle to get the phone to ring in PT (If we're right it's pretty obscure and more-so involves not doing anything than a set of actions), but I haven't been able to test it in my own game yet... Girlfriend's mom and little sister are visiting and I can't play while her sister is around. I should get a chance at some point today.

Late to it but I'm working my way through Bioshock Infinity. It is quite enjoyable, the rails are fun to fuck about on doing target practice. Not sure if it will get too same-y as it goes but at the moment it's enjoyable.

Not sure if it will get too same-y as it goes but at the moment it's enjoyable.

Apparently yep it really does - leading to speculation that a majority of the press that gave it such glowing 10/10 style reviews didn't actually play it all the way through.

Azure Striker Gunvolt hits the 3DS eShop for 15USD on 29 August - made by the creator of Mega Man and Init Creates, who did Mega Man 9 and 10:

Q-Games is back with an AMAZING PS4 game, The Tomorrow Children on PS4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bnfz3XjUxQ

Not sure if it will get too same-y as it goes but at the moment it's enjoyable.

Apparently yep it really does - leading to speculation that a majority of the press that gave it such glowing 10/10 style reviews didn't actually play it all the way through.

I like it - wasn't the greatest game, but was for fun while it lasted. GOTY? Hell no. Coincidentally, the first Bioshock I've ever finished - the first two just bored me and I never went back to them.

Bioshock Infinite is cool for almost a whole playthrough because of its unique aesthetic, but upon attempting a replay at a higher difficulty setting, I realized the AI, level design, and combat in general are realllly lacking. Even the aesthetic isn't that interesting for a second run through, since most of the game takes place indoors in what looks like boring old American buildings that I spend most of my life in anyway. The skyrails are definitely the most interesting part of the game, though.

Also the storyline is a giant turd that's hailed as being "deep" by people I'm assuming have never seen a well-written movie in their entire lives. Video game stories are such shit that anything better than 'atrocious' gets hailed as Oscar-worthy by a bunch of neckbeards who exclusively play games as their entertainment medium.

I've noticed quite often when you are behind someone and you set off their "alarm" which makes them attack you, it takes a few seconds for them to turn on the spot to face you and then start to attack. Really delayed.

Man, I've been playing Deus Ex Human Revolution off and on since May, and just when I realize that I'm actually enjoying the game and would like to play for more than a few hours a month... there's a fucking boss fight. They really are that bad, at least on a first playthrough that was emphasizing stealth/non-lethal takedowns because of an apparently erroneous belief that that's what the game was, like, about.

I can't really complain since I got it for free on PS+, but it would have been nice to get the Director's Cut that way instead. Oh well.

I've had to use shitty exploits (or were they?) to kill Boss 2 and 3 because I didn't have sufficient ammo for either and I lost my augs in-game for Boss 3 (which, to be fair, I saw coming but I wanted to see what happened, what the fuck is wrong with me?). I hate using exploits/cheats. It is to cry.

Boss 1-- grenades, over in a few seconds on first try.

Boss 2 -- many deaths, no EMP protection aug, ultimately realized she'd stun lock for long enough to allow me to reload a stun gun, and emptied 17 stun gun darts into her, which was exactly enough to trigger the cut scene.

Boss 3 -- many insta-deaths from Boss 3's fucking plasma rifle with no augs available, went back, hacked turret, brought into room, ran around room like an idiot for probably 15 tries while turret failed to acquire target even though El Jefe was completely visible and right in front of the fucking turret, which on at least 6 tries shot backwards at the elevator instead of at the enemy, until finally on what was probably going to be my last attempt at even playing the fucking game anymore at all I did exactly the same thing as I had been doing, thus proving myself insane by the popular definition thereof, and the turret then acquired Boss 3 and wiped him out in a few seconds with no assistance from me. WHAT THE FUCK.

I've only encountered about 4 stun gun darts since the Boss 2 fight, so I guess that ship sailed for the rest of the game.

The worst part is, though, there's absolutely no development as to why you should care about any of these bosses until about 3 seconds before their introduction in the fights. Terrible. Don't outsource major plot elements, guys. Lesson probably not learned.

I know all of the above is old news to everyone, sorry. I'm pretty far behind the times in this thread, but needed an outlet. Fuck.

Edited by baph

I only played one other, can't remember if it was 1 or 2, but I didn't finish that either. Wouldn't have bothered if it weren't on PS+

That is probably one of the best benefits of PS+ - let you try games that you would otherwise never consider or pass up because you wanted to spend your money on another game more...

Man, I've been playing Deus Ex Human Revolution off and on since May, and just when I realize that I'm actually enjoying the game and would like to play for more than a few hours a month... there's a fucking boss fight. They really are that bad, at least on a first playthrough that was emphasizing stealth/non-lethal takedowns because of an apparently erroneous belief that that's what the game was, like, about.

I can't really complain since I got it for free on PS+, but it would have been nice to get the Director's Cut that way instead. Oh well.

I've had to use shitty exploits (or were they?) to kill Boss 2 and 3 because I didn't have sufficient ammo for either and I lost my augs in-game for Boss 3 (which, to be fair, I saw coming but I wanted to see what happened, what the fuck is wrong with me?). I hate using exploits/cheats. It is to cry.

Boss 2 -- many deaths, no EMP protection aug, ultimately realized she'd stun lock for long enough to allow me to reload a stun gun, and emptied 17 stun gun darts into her, which was exactly enough to trigger the cut scene.

Boss 3 -- many insta-deaths from Boss 3's fucking plasma rifle with no augs available, went back, hacked turret, brought into room, ran around room like an idiot for probably 15 tries while turret failed to acquire target even though El Jefe was completely visible and right in front of the fucking turret, which on at least 6 tries shot backwards at the elevator instead of at the enemy, until finally on what was probably going to be my last attempt at even playing the fucking game anymore at all I did exactly the same thing as I had been doing, thus proving myself insane by the popular definition thereof, and the turret then acquired Boss 3 and wiped him out in a few seconds with no assistance from me. WHAT THE FUCK.

I've only encountered about 4 stun gun darts since the Boss 2 fight, so I guess that ship sailed for the rest of the game.

The worst part is, though, there's absolutely no development as to why you should care about any of these bosses until about 3 seconds before their introduction in the fights. Terrible. Don't outsource major plot elements, guys. Lesson probably not learned.

I know all of the above is old news to everyone, sorry. I'm pretty far behind the times in this thread, but needed an outlet. Fuck.

It's funny because if you play as a run-and-gun character the boss battles are at least bearable while the rest of the game sucks ass, and if you play as a sneaky character the boss battles are ridiculously annoying while the rest of the game is super fun.

On a related not: Boss battles are a thing of the past and should be banned. At least from games that try to tell a story.

Edited by Friendly Foil

playing through the new wolfenstein, seems to be a solid, enjoyable shooter so far, 3 or 4 hours in playing on uber difficulty, it feels decent. solid, but not impossible. i dont often replay games so having lots of fun with this one.

It's funny because if you play as a run-and-gun character the boss battles are at least bearable while the rest of the game sucks ass, and if you play as a sneaky character the boss battles are ridiculously annoying while the rest of the game is super fun.

On a related not: Boss battles are a thing of the past and should be banned. At least from games that try to tell a story.

Yeah. Out of frustration, now that I'm in Panchea, where there are actually fairly innocent contract workers running around begging for merciful nonlethal takedowns or avoidance, I've just taken to running and gunning and shooting the poor afflicted in their fucking faces.

^ lol I couldn't bring myself to do that, although the part on the bridge that's packed full of them nearly made me lose my resolve. you'll know it when you see it.

Also the storyline is a giant turd that's hailed as being "deep" by people I'm assuming have never seen a well-written movie in their entire lives. Video game stories are such shit that anything better than 'atrocious' gets hailed as Oscar-worthy by a bunch of neckbeards who exclusively play games as their entertainment medium.

pretty harsh, I disagree.

also JR, getting bored by the first BioShock and never finishing it? jaysus.

Edited by usagi

^ lol I couldn't bring myself to do that, although the part on the bridge that's packed full of them nearly made me lose my resolve. you'll know it when you see it.

I would have used stun gun darts if the game would actually give me more than 5 in a fucking level, and I have searched everywhere

Thanks for all the revolver rounds, though, even though I've never even touched the thing