IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Godammit - I hate GTA with a passion, but these visuals are sooo impressive, it kinda makes me want to play.

In the settings you can switch the game to a 'do not disturb' mode, which stops phone calls, missions kicking in, etc. so you're free to just go off and explore. I've spent far more time doing photography than playing it 'properly'.

Well, for me I just don't like the whole "play as a thug" mentality GTA has fostered - and I don't think I'd pay 60USD for a photography sim. That's just me though. I should get the Gallery module for the forums so we can post stuff like this and have it preserved properly...

Godammit - I hate GTA with a passion, but these visuals are sooo impressive, it kinda makes me want to play.

In the settings you can switch the game to a 'do not disturb' mode, which stops phone calls, missions kicking in, etc. so you're free to just go off and explore. I've spent far more time doing photography than playing it 'properly'.

Well, for me I just don't like the whole "play as a thug" mentality GTA has fostered - and I don't think I'd pay 60USD for a photography sim. That's just me though. I should get the Gallery module for the forums so we can post stuff like this and have it preserved properly...

Wow. I thought I was alone on disliking GTA. There is something weirdly depressing about the whole thing. I can only appreciate it on a technical standpoint. It is incredible in that regard obviously. But I'm pretty much over the 'play as the ultimate badass in an open world' thing. Been playing a lot of survival horror lately. Thank god for that entire genre. I would put dark souls in there too.

Guest Enter a new display name

GTA is great... if you attend high school in a ghetto and you plan to drop out soon for the ultimate gangsta life.

Wow. I thought I was alone on disliking GTA. There is something weirdly depressing about the whole thing. I can only appreciate it on a technical standpoint. It is incredible in that regard obviously. But I'm pretty much over the 'play as the ultimate badass in an open world' thing. Been playing a lot of survival horror lately. Thank god for that entire genre. I would put dark souls in there too.

Yeah, just can't get over the glorification of crime and the so-called "thug life".

GTA is great... if you attend high school in a ghetto and you plan to drop out soon for the ultimate gangsta life.

I think it sends the wrong message to kids/teens in the glorification of that lifestyle - some rap music does the same thing, along with country music that does nothing but talk about drinking and womanizing.

Kids shouldn't be playing Grand Theft Auto.

Grand Theft Auto V
ratings_search_synopsis_sm13.png
Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Rating Category:
top10_m.png

Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol

Other:
  • Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

Rating Summary: In this open-world action game, players assume the role of three criminals whose storylines intersect within the fictional city of Los Santos. Players can switch between each character to follow his storyline, completing missions which often include criminal activities (e.g., stealing cars, executing heists, assassinating targets). Players use pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles, and explosives to kill various enemies (e.g., rival gang members); players also have the ability to shoot non-adversary civilians, though this may negatively affect players' progress as a penalty system triggers a broad police search. Blood-splatter effects occur frequently, and the game contains rare depictions of dismemberment. In one sequence, players are directed to use various instruments and means (e.g., pipe wrench, tooth removal, electrocution) to extract information from a character; the sequence is intense and prolonged, and it involves some player interaction (i.e., responding to on-screen prompts). The game includes depictions of sexual material/activity: implied fellatio and masturbation; various sex acts that the player's character procures from a prostitute—while no nudity is depicted in these sequences, various sexual moaning sounds can be heard. Nudity is present, however, primarily in two settings: a topless lap dance in a strip club and a location that includes male cult members with exposed genitalia in a non-sexual context. Within the game, TV programs and radio ads contain instances of mature humor: myriad sex jokes; depictions of raw sewage and feces on a worker's body; a brief instance of necrophilia (no nudity is depicted). Some sequences within the larger game allow players to use narcotics (e.g., smoking from a bong, lighting a marijuana joint); cocaine use is also depicted. Players' character can, at various times, consume alcohol and drive while under the influence. The words “f**k,” “c*nt,” and “n**ger” can be heard in the dialogue.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33073&Title=Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V

GTA has kind of moved beyond the whole senseless killing thing a while ago. Of course you can still do that, but... The worlds are incredibly detailed and in GTA V, where the whole map is unlocked from the start, you could in theory play it without killing anyone. Buy your vehicles etc.

GTA has kind of moved beyond the whole senseless killing thing a while ago. Of course you can still do that, but... The worlds are incredibly detailed and in GTA V, where the whole map is unlocked from the start, you could in theory play it without killing anyone. Buy your vehicles etc.

can you complete the story without killing anyone?

i got over glamorized violence a while ago and have enjoyed attempting no kill runs in violent games since mgs 2

i still haven't beaten gta4 but all of the characters seemed pretty scummy in my recollection. are any of the three characters in gta5 redeemable?

That's like saying someone watches Schindler's List for the stunning vistas of Europe :nope:

i still haven't beaten gta4 but all of the characters seemed pretty scummy in my recollection. are any of the three characters in gta5 redeemable?

No and no, not really. Never claimed that, to be fair. Just saying that the game's world is very very pretty and interesting to explore and if that's what one wants to do, one can do that without killing anyone.

That's like saying someone watches Schindler's List for the stunning vistas of Europe :nope:

Eh, that's not exactly what I was saying with that post. Or trying to say at least. I just feel there's a lot more to those games than killing random people at this point and playing them for the exploration and world alone is totally worth it.

I fucking LOVE running people and animals over in GTAV.

Yesterday, I ran over an old lady and while she was tumbling around on the hood of the car I started shooting her with a machine gun. I laughed my fucking ass off. Today I went to work.

Yesterday, I ran over an old lady and while she was tumbling around on the hood of the car I started shooting her with a machine gun. I laughed my fucking ass off. Today I went to work.

Oh deer... oh deer oh deer oh deer

I read your post in Bill Murray's voice...

Guest bitroast

No and no, not really. Never claimed that, to be fair. Just saying that the game's world is very very pretty and interesting to explore and if that's what one wants to do, one can do that without killing anyone.

Eh, that's not exactly what I was saying with that post. Or trying to say at least. I just feel there's a lot more to those games than killing random people at this point and playing them for the exploration and world alone is totally worth it.

i would agree.

GTA V is still a super violent, sexist dumb game that portray everything in bad light and in doing so is a gross and dumb game to really look at.

BUT. it does handle violence as well as it probably could. the violence is integrated into the story to the point where the characters get conflicted with their "lifestyles" and the story looks into these characters as morally questionable people and really does shed them in the light that they're pretty shitty and never live up to the idea too greatly that theyre role models or anything.

plus, being an openworld game where you can drive around and have the freedom to do anything. that really only lends itself to a game properly if the game allows you to do wreckless stuff and cause violence. when you play the openworld sandbox game, causing dumb shit is generaly what you end up doing most because it's fun and goofy. it makes sense to build the foundations of the gameplay around that, which pretty much corners the game designers into focusing on making the main characters criminals and focusing the gameplay/story on crime. to do any otherwise would clutter the gameplay up (ie. causing dumb wreckless shit in red dead redemption feels weird cos the character is supposed to a be good guy, family guy, man of the law).

Guest transmisiones ferox

gta v was incredibly boring, I just can't finish it without yawn everytime, i think this game could be easily on tablet or smartphone, where you can play it laying on the couch half asleep and browsing internet on your laptop with other hand

Edited by arvy Ictal

yeah i found gta pretty dull. the missions were ok i guess, but something about the world just seemed shallow and empty. you cant speak to anyone, you cant go in any buildings.

Guest bitroast

yeah i found gta pretty dull. the missions were ok i guess, but something about the world just seemed shallow and empty. you cant speak to anyone, you cant go in any buildings.

Tough crowd!! Gta v city is so expansive and beautiful. Plus the focused on the fun stuff(fun roads, good traffic. Makes for good driving aroundat dumb speeds and exploring)

Guest bitroast

I would say doing whatever the heck you want is playing a sandbox game correctly :catsalute:

when my dad would play GTA he would just drive around really slowly, stop at red lights etc. not do anything exciting.

for someone who never got drivers license or learnt to drive, im sure this was a blast for him :)

I would say doing whatever the heck you want is playing a sandbox game correctly :catsalute:

when my dad would play GTA he would just drive around really slowly, stop at red lights etc. not do anything exciting.

for someone who never got drivers license or learnt to drive, im sure this was a blast for him :)

That's awesome!

My favorite thing with GTA3 was getting stoned and do cab missions while listening to the radio. I would do that for hours.

Guest transmisiones ferox

GTA V piece of shit.

your posts piece of shit

lol. I'm sorry if I touch your feelings, but really, this game is a piece of shit :)