IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Played Smash Bros Friday and part of Saturday - fun, especially with multiple players, but I fear it's Mario Kart all over again - fun for the first few weeks unlocking things, then it gets stale fast.

Went back to Binding of Issac - still fun, still trying to unlock all the characters.

Played some Resogun (still fun after all this time and still one of the PS4 best shumps) in preparation for Geometry Wars 3 that comes out tomorrow - looks fantastic, and I was always jealous of the XBOX crowd for having the first two games.

Supposedly we'll also get a Guilty Gear Xrd Sign demo for PS4 - I want to try it and see if it is as fun as BlazBlue.

The new guilty gear looks so pretty. Did you see the Blazblue finals at EVO this year by chance? It was absolutely crazy.

No, I didn't - hook us up with some YouTube love, mang!

supposedly the skullgirls dev has created drivers for most ps3 sticks to work with ps4. hopefully these can be patched into most games although i imagine companies like madcatz may pay devs not to implement them so they can sell new sticks. really don't want to have to buy a new one for this gen.

evo2k14 blazblue finals:

regarding ds2, are you missing out by not playing through demon's souls or ds1 before jumping into ds2? i'd probably grip the ps4 version for <$25 eventually but i've not played through either of the previous entries

Edited by juiceciuj

Played Smash Bros Friday and part of Saturday - fun, especially with multiple players, but I fear it's Mario Kart all over again - fun for the first few weeks unlocking things, then it gets stale fast.

Went back to Binding of Issac - still fun, still trying to unlock all the characters.

Played some Resogun (still fun after all this time and still one of the PS4 best shumps) in preparation for Geometry Wars 3 that comes out tomorrow - looks fantastic, and I was always jealous of the XBOX crowd for having the first two games.

Supposedly we'll also get a Guilty Gear Xrd Sign demo for PS4 - I want to try it and see if it is as fun as BlazBlue.

The new guilty gear looks so pretty. Did you see the Blazblue finals at EVO this year by chance? It was absolutely crazy.

supposedly the skullgirls dev has created drivers for most ps3 sticks to work with ps4. hopefully these can be patched into most games although i imagine companies like madcatz may pay devs not to implement them so they can sell new sticks. really don't want to have to buy a new one for this gen.

evo2k14 blazblue finals:

regarding ds2, are you missing out by not playing through demon's souls or ds1 before jumping into ds2? i'd probably grip the ps4 version for <$25 eventually but i've not played through either of the previous entries

I'd recommend starting the blazblue video at around 25 mins. in if you want to see the real goods. It is crazy though if you follow the whole thing. The kid worked his way up from losers brackets to final round is emotionally breaking down by the end ha. Very intense.

Finally got a godlike run after I think 18 tries

XRJntsV.png

Later on I got that familiar that eats hearts and spits out soul hearts so there was literally no stopping me, one-shotting every single boss including mom and mom's heart.

That's good fun. :) That looks like Brimstone with Tammy's Head?

The Bible also instantly kills Mom and Mom's Heart.

Last night I got my first Isaac kill with Blue Baby!

evo2k14 blazblue finals:

regarding ds2, are you missing out by not playing through demon's souls or ds1 before jumping into ds2? i'd probably grip the ps4 version for

I've played all three extensively, and I like the Souls series I'll play DSII on PS4 all the way through again.

Never played the others in the series but Dragon Age: Inquisition is fucking great so far... I'm like 40ish hours in already and have a fuckton to do still. Rather enjoying being an Elvish Rogue, I named him Agalloch (like the black metal band), it fits. The multiplayer is also pretty addictive and plays out like a fully 3rd person Diablo, with the progression system of Mass Effect.

Never played the others in the series but Dragon Age: Inquisition is fucking great so far... I'm like 40ish hours in already and have a fuckton to do still. Rather enjoying being an Elvish Rogue, I named him Agalloch (like the black metal band), it fits. The multiplayer is also pretty addictive and plays out like a fully 3rd person Diablo, with the progression system of Mass Effect.

When did you get to Skyhold? I was pretty surprised when I got to it after 20 hours or so. It's like the game only truly opens up at that point, while with most other games, you'd already be done.

And the whole two-hour section before it... hhhhhnnnnggg

Edited by Friendly Foil

Guest bitroast

FUCKING YES! Dark Souls II for PS4/XBONE/PC/PS3/360 with new DLC!

FUCKING YES indeed :):)

i held out from buying it on PS3 because it seemed to be pushing teh system pretty hard eh.

glad they're finally pulling through despite the weird "i don't think we're gonna bring it out to ps4" attitude they kind of had leading up to this announcement.

So how is the new smash bros anyway? I guess I'm a bit interested in picking it up this week, but have moved away from the franchise since the 64 version

It's good - really good. Visuals are very impressive, but keep in mind, it's Smash Bros. - don't expect crazy combo antics a-la Street Fighter. Really need friends/family to play with to have a good time - I can't see myself playing this solo.

In other news, picked up Geometry Wars 3 for PS4 - damn, what a trip! Music is very good on it, and the visuals are pretty impressive. Hard too! Also got Rayman Legends for 20USD (PSN sale), which I have been wanting to play since it came out, but decided to wait until it hit the 20 buck price point.

Guest jasondonervan

I must have played about 2 missions in GTA V, it's just all about the photo mode for me. I'm too happy just being a virtual photographer!

ivqMvtqq8VPNK.jpg

iz88tqqHtOyyZ.jpg

iYOYTMUfWhPR7.jpg

iDk6dqYP89D8W.jpg

ihuwBsg7n3yFv.jpg

iQLIVYT4aEfty.jpg

iizlTUy2uLr2T.jpg

iHUAVslsQMZoo.jpg

iXtdKn6x009LJ.jpg

ibkC2UxBHyMyxV.jpg

iljGmJsNWPINs.jpg

ibheDY6eZObnNq.jpg