IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

the WITNESS

essentially a giant jumbo sized puzzle book that can be played at own leisurely pace and lush landscape/visuals.

Yes The Witness would be good I reckon - Might be a little struggle with the mouse/wasd however, although we take it for granted making one hand do one thing and the other doing another can be a bit confusing (potentially where the Portal difficulty came in ?)

Machinarium, Braid, and Limbo.

I would totally buy your mom Braid. Give me her Steam account name and I'll buy it for her.

Definitely Machinarium, I think the second two might be a little to action heavy for a new comer to games. If she enjoys Machinarium then Botanicula might be a good follow on ...

Yes The Witness would be good I reckon - Might be a little struggle with the mouse/wasd however, although we take it for granted making one hand do one thing and the other doing another can be a bit confusing (potentially where the Portal difficulty came in ?)

Machinarium, Braid, and Limbo.

I would totally buy your mom Braid. Give me her Steam account name and I'll buy it for her.

Definitely Machinarium, I think the second two might be a little to action heavy for a new comer to games. If she enjoys Machinarium then Botanicula might be a good follow on ...

Yeah, you might be right. But the story in Braid is so fucking good. Best told story ever in a game.

Really have to properly replay it from scratch. Only did the first two worlds and drifted on to something else, coming back to it recently confused the hell out of my brain !

thx guys. i have braid and limbo in my steam and can do family sharing. i'll look into machinarium as i dunno anything about it. good call on braid/limbo. they pretty simple controls.

i know getting all of the pieces takes some pretty abstract thinking in braid but it's certainly not essential to enjoy the game a bit. i never beat limbo but i seem to remember the controls being fairly simple.

i totally forgot wtiness came out on pc but i wonder if it would run on hers (it's the lowest spec alienware alpha i bought her to upgrade over her 12 yr old vaio that she got as a hand-me down from me) and also wonder how she'd cope with 3d movement. i mean she eventually got some of the most basic portal puzzles eventually but that was with me repeatedly reminding her which stick did what as far as movement.

to clarify she'd be playing w/a controller on the couch. i have a wireless 360 controller queued up for her. she originally played portal on ps3 at my house

Kami is very simple to learn / play and very cheap. Some of the puzzles are right head scratchers towards the end.

Edited by Bechuga

dishonored 2 announced for november 11th!

Oh nice, the first one was pretty great!... I hope they improve the stealth AI a bit though...

Beat the Dancer of the Borreal Valley in DS3. I died a few times studying her movements better, but I got it after some more tries... Challenging but intense fight.

"I did it! \[ T ]/ but no comfort ahead..." So now I ask, should I be heading into Lothric Castle, or into the Consumed King's Garden?

Edited by ghOsty

Dishonored is basically a steampunk Deus Ex, except the consequences of your actions are more obvious. I gave up halfway through because I got bored of constantly stealthing around and putting bad guys to sleep in order to get the "good" ending. If you can sword-slash people you don't like and bust a flintlock cap in somebody's ass without being penalized for it in Dishonored 2, I might actually play it.

Edited by ambermonk

Guest bitroast

Oh nice, the first one was pretty great!... I hope they improve the stealth AI a bit though...

Beat the Dancer of the Borreal Valley in DS3. I died a few times studying her movements better, but I got it after some more tries... Challenging but intense fight.

"I did it! \[ T ]/ but no comfort ahead..." So now I ask, should I be heading into Lothric Castle, or into the Consumed King's Garden?

either or really. i'd recommend left/consumed kings garden first/

^^yeah desk is a beast. all of his one handed videos are ridiculous

Is that just his schtick, or is he really one-handed?

Either way, props to him for having mad skillz

Oh, you were 'studying her movements,' eh? Or her booty? ;) Not really but i see a lot of the fan pages talking about her like that, like, way more than I'd expect given that she doesn't look sexually provocative at all to me...who knows...

Yeah I'd suggest Consumed King's garden first, but it's all difficult from where you are.

^^yeah desk is a beast. all of his one handed videos are ridiculous

Is that just his schtick, or is he really one-handed?

Either way, props to him for having mad skillz

it's just part of his schtick. he also often times will do the own music for his videos (mostly remixes of vg tracks). he just has a robotic understanding of the timing requirements for inputs and pushes combo systems to their max. mostly he does highly impractical combo videos for characters in capcom games and glitch videos.

note that combos in sfiv are way harder to do with fadc and less input leniency:

So, I ended up going into the castle first, (wow that area is gorgeous!) Beat the Dragonslayer Armor, which didn't seem to give me as much difficulty, great fight. Spent some time Sunbroing both the Dancer and the Armor (both spots were pretty hot tonight, got summoned as soon as I threw down the sign)... Made some progress into the Archives, found the illusory wall after the 2nd Sage spot but then got rekt by the ice thing :catbleed: ... Decided to call it a night then. Might have to backtrack into the Garden tomorrow.

beat super metroid for the first time today, just under 8 hours of gameplay and used the walkthrough to get 92 percent.

edit.. i was using the wii u virtual console ,, saving and loading a lot , so i for sure played longer than 8 hours, in fact it took three days.

Edited by yek

Good old Super Metroid, haven't played it in about five years. (last time I did was on a SNES emulator on my Android phone). Still debating whether to buy Shadow Complex, which is a "2.5-D" indie game which critic reviews are comparing to Super Metroid.

Tried out Serious Sam 3 today. Almost feels like a remaster of the first one. Same headless kamikaze cyborgs going AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

(probably gonna hear that shit in my head for days)