IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I finally grabbed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel GOTY on steam for around $10 a couple weeks ago. Once I get some time for videogames I'mma gonna try it out. I got the platinum trophy on BL1 and BL2 on PS3 and love these games. I played BL1 shortly before BL2 came out, then BL:TPS wasn't long after so I skipped it for the time being.

I'm glad they extended the DOOM beta, gonna try it today. I wish they'd extend the Overwatch beta too as I didn't get a chance to try it on the weekend. I need more time for stuff!!

guile is the april sfv character. april update includes some matchmaking improvements and rage quit punishment as well (hopefully it works well because the abundance of rage quitters is really fucking annoying). http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/04/18/guile-joins-street-fighter-v-and-april-update-news

*edit*

new trailer. looks like a pretty sick character. hate charging tho

Edited by juiceciuj

Guest bitroast

I'm way too into Dark Soul 3 right now to even consider any other games...hell, I don't want to do anything else since it came out. It's kind of sad, but I really am enjoying it that much. In the catacombs now :)

sent using magic space waves

lol ditto. spoke to someone at work whos playing on pc (no cross platform online :( ) and hes up to the farron area. the early jap/twitch release kind of bugged me our but now im really enjoying playing it and being vaguely in sync with other people playing at the same pace.

this shit is alot of fun ye

Weathered the post weekender comedown on Monday by playing Dark Souls 3 for another 8 hours or so straight. The difficulty spike in the boreal valley felt a little extreme but still fucking brilliant (Seeing that area for the first time is magical!). I've beat the second Lord of Cinder but still a couple of places I want to explore.

I love how unique a lot of the combat can be, you really can play with your own style thanks to unique weapon skills and a lot more variation in animations. Some of the boss soul weapons are nuts too. I haven't tried too much PVP but I imagine things are a bit more limited due to the usual tier of effectiveness. My dual curved swords are doing me alright though, the L2/R2 skill churns through people's HP nicely, fuck shields.

Edited by WeAreOceans

Yeah, continuing the DSIII gushing... I never played 2, but I did play DS1 and Bloodborne, it's like they took all the improvements to combat, mechanics and storytelling that Bloodborne brought to the series and incorporated them into the Dark Souls universe and mechanics. I'm absolutely loving it so far, it's hard to get my mind off it.

I finished fully exploring The Undead Settlement tonight, and spent sometime Sunbroing against the Curse Rotted Greatwood (pretty unique boss IMO), beat the Fire Demon with Onionbro and grabbed all the stuff back in that area... Tomorrow finishing out grinding for 20k souls for the Tower Key then onto the Road of Sacrifices! I've been playing pretty slowly, taking my time to explore everything I can find before moving on to another area.

Brutal Doom mod for Doom 2 is fan-fucking-tastic:

Have you tried the v20b Starter Pack maps? Sergeant Mark IV released like 32 new maps on New Year's. Maps 10-20 (I think), the ones that take place on Earth are about as good as Doom maps get.

Did anyone play the beta? Did it suck like I anticipated?

Been wondering about this myself. I'm still tempted to buy the full game, but I'm worried it'll be poorly received.

the beta was awful yes. totally turned me off of it after getting pretty excited having seen the mp trailer. it's like the worst aspects of cod shoehorned into a doom skin

Guest bitroast

Weathered the post weekender comedown on Monday by playing Dark Souls 3 for another 8 hours or so straight. The difficulty spike in the boreal valley felt a little extreme but still fucking brilliant (Seeing that area for the first time is magical!).

beat (first?) boreal valley boss last night.

bosses from previous area + this one have been great relief beating (even with multiple summons lol). also, agreed that boreal valley saw a naughty difficulty spike. the whole game has kept me on my toes but boreal valley gave me a rough time FOR SURE. but its all still so brilliant !!!

the game's reaching a point where it's feeling like a long treacherous slog to get through but still something that i can't wait to jump back into when the next day comes around. veeeeery addicting and fun.

I see Dark Souls and Bloodborne have very strong appeal in this thread. And I've yet to play any of them.

And I'm hearing more about it IRL too. I used to be reluctant, but I should start keeping a more open mind. I think I'll start from the first DS and work my way chronologically though. Guess my change in heart partly comes from completing Hyper Light Drifter a few days ago, which I hear draws heavy DS influence combat-wise.

Cor certainly looks less appealing that in DS1, you'd need several coats to keep yourself warm it seems ! Still has that awesome spinny tower that makes my stomach field weird ...

Looking forward to playing it circa 2020 (still have most of Demon's Souls and half of DS2 to go)

I think you're 'meant' to die on the first enemy - It's like a From Software trademark: "look this shit is way too OP for you at the moment, but soon you'll be strong enough. Patience my friend"

Think after you die you go to the area that tells you all about souls (or whatever it is called in Bloodborne)

You bought the game and only played it once, that doesn't sound like very good value for money ?!

I'm still on the second boss in DS1. When the second gargoyle thing comes out and starts breathing fire on me, that's when I get discouraged.

I beat the first boss by glitching it out :catsuicide:

Guest bitroast

Dark Souls 1 pro tips.

a. YOU CAN DO IT.

b. there's that sick cunt at the edge of the bridge ( the bridge with the red fire breathing dragon ) who will give you a white soapstone.

you can use this to be summoned into someone's game online and help out someone fight the boss. doing this gives you humanity. (the number in the top left of your screen).

c. you can use humanity to reverse hollowing at a bonfire, and become human. being human means you can summon online people + offline NPCs for bossfights.

d. YOU CAN DO IT. spamming the shit out of bosses with summoning people is the easy way to play the game :^)

I'm still on the second boss in DS1. When the second gargoyle thing comes out and starts breathing fire on me, that's when I get discouraged.

I beat the first boss by glitching it out :catsuicide:

Dark Souls 1 pro tips.

a. YOU CAN DO IT.

b. there's that sick cunt at the edge of the bridge ( the bridge with the red fire breathing dragon ) who will give you a white soapstone.

you can use this to be summoned into someone's game online and help out someone fight the boss. doing this gives you humanity. (the number in the top left of your screen).

c. you can use humanity to reverse hollowing at a bonfire, and become human. being human means you can summon online people + offline NPCs for bossfights.

d. YOU CAN DO IT. spamming the shit out of bosses with summoning people is the easy way to play the game :^)

To add to this, definitely become human for the gargoyles. There's a certain beloved NPC that's SUPER helpful for that particular fight.

Edited by ghOsty

Guest bitroast

you can also use the consumable item "Humanity" to add humanity to your little top left counter.

it feels obvious spelling this out ... but when i first played dark souls 1 i had NO idea how any of this worked and brute forced my way through most of the game completely solo. and it was BUUUUUUUUUUULLL SHIIIIIT HAAAAAAAAAAARD.

It's not cheating. Back in the early days of Dark Souls (And probably DeS as well), summoning was a nightmare. It rarely worked and signs were sparse. There was a definite advantage in being independent otherwise you'd be waiting around for signs forever.

Dark Souls then improved a lot (Especially on PC when they moved to Steamworks after the servers shut down), and Dark Souls 2 onwards had much more robust summoning so you were pretty much guaranteed to have people to help you out.

I personally try and solo everything I can, I find it more of a fun challenge and really love helping other people out as a sunbro, so mastering the bosses really helps (Especially when my character wears dumb armor).