IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

yeah definitely not cheating. its big part of the game! and hella fun.

but i also see it as a (one of many) way to manufacture a sort of difficulty between easy and hard.

It's not cheating. Back in the early days of Dark Souls (And probably DeS as well), summoning was a nightmare. It rarely worked and signs were sparse. There was a definite advantage in being independent otherwise you'd be waiting around for signs forever.

Dark Souls then improved a lot (Especially on PC when they moved to Steamworks after the servers shut down), and Dark Souls 2 onwards had much more robust summoning so you were pretty much guaranteed to have people to help you out.

I personally try and solo everything I can, I find it more of a fun challenge and really love helping other people out as a sunbro, so mastering the bosses really helps (Especially when my character wears dumb armor).

Not to mention the bosses get an HP boost when you summon help.

^very true, they keep it pretty well balanced. I've only had one boss that I didn't get along with, I'll just say he's a giant, but that fight was bullshit. PvP in DS3 is fucking great so far, lots of fun even if I'm no good at it yet, and the videos I'm seeing online are hilarious.

sent using magic space waves

Playing Chrono Trigger. The PSONE port has the longest load times I've ever seen.

yes, it's awful. i made the same mistake and then just ended up running it in an emu for 10000000000% faster load times

Destiny and Rocket League.

Love Destiny. I'm one of the players that bought it post-Taken King and I can totally understand that the people before TK got dumped on hard but I'm enjoying the game so much that I won't be boycotting it for shit. I'm casual with it so grinding for guns and armour are a prolonged saga compared to the others that do the Raids everyday. Slowly getting up to that rung.

Love Destiny. I'm one of the players that bought it post-Taken King and I can totally understand that the people before TK got dumped on hard but I'm enjoying the game so much that I won't be boycotting it for shit. I'm casual with it so grinding for guns and armour are a prolonged saga compared to the others that do the Raids everyday. Slowly getting up to that rung.

Yeah I'm still having a lot of fun with Destiny. I've logged 350hrs on it though, maybe time to step back a bit. lol.

Add me up if you want to do some raids together sometime. Zsajdba7 is my handle. I'm usually on around 10pm mountain standard time

the only vidya I play nowadays is GBA games on a GCW Zero while sitting on the toilet (sorry for oversharing), now going through Warioland 4. Great game, I love 2D platformers where the focus is more on puzzles and exploration rather than on pixel perfect jumps and skills

Yeah I'm still having a lot of fun with Destiny. I've logged 350hrs on it though, maybe time to step back a bit. lol.

Add me up if you want to do some raids together sometime. Zsajdba7 is my handle. I'm usually on around 10pm mountain standard time

Sweet, I can definitely see how you've clocked so much time on there, I wouldn't worry too much!

XBOC or PS4FX?

finished broforce, about to start on Hotline Miami. I'm having more fun with the indies this generation then the blockbuster games.

Btw no thread on the ps4.5 on watmm yet? Not sure about this upgraded, better specced neo ps4.

Guest bitroast

re: ps4.5 / neo.

im vaguely curious about it. i'll have more solid opinion on it once sony start actually talking about it and laying down the selling points + it actually comes out and seeing what stores have to offer as far as trading in original ps4 goes and getting a deal on the new system. if its affordable to do that (ie. ~$100-$200 to upgrade) then i may do it ... but i also kind of dont know. realistically i'm only interested in it because i imagine sony will encourage fromsoftware to patch bloodborne to perform better for the ps4.5 ... :^)

from what ive read, it's not replacing the ps4. games coming out for the ps4 are still gonna come out for the ps4 and performance should be as is. like, games can't be 4.5 exclusive. games can't come out for 4.5 but run like shit on 4. it'll be interesting seeing how they do it. especially interesting that it ties into PSVR as well, and everything that runs on ps4.5 on VR will also need to run on ps4 vr.

re: ps4.5 / neo.

im vaguely curious about it. i'll have more solid opinion on it once sony start actually talking about it and laying down the selling points + it actually comes out and seeing what stores have to offer as far as trading in original ps4 goes and getting a deal on the new system. if its affordable to do that (ie. ~$100-$200 to upgrade) then i may do it ... but i also kind of dont know. realistically i'm only interested in it because i imagine sony will encourage fromsoftware to patch bloodborne to perform better for the ps4.5 ... :^)

from what ive read, it's not replacing the ps4. games coming out for the ps4 are still gonna come out for the ps4 and performance should be as is. like, games can't be 4.5 exclusive. games can't come out for 4.5 but run like shit on 4. it'll be interesting seeing how they do it. especially interesting that it ties into PSVR as well, and everything that runs on ps4.5 on VR will also need to run on ps4 vr.

It's no different from what they did last generation, from fat original PS3 to a super slim PS3, although the difference in specs was mainly power based, but it did improve performance. It was really easy to overheat the fat originals.

Guest bitroast

yeah. apparently the ps4.5 will apparently have beefed up internals and devs will have the option to patch in updates to allow their titles (already released ps4 titles, for eg) to perform better on the ps4.5 ...

i think more than anything it'll be interesting to see if games come out on the ps4 that run like dog on ps4 but acceptable on ps4.5 ... that will be the day :^( nintendo did just that with hyrule warriors on the 3DS / New 3DS. i pray sony don't allow any of that shit.

Well, finished DS3 with my main character. Great game, though I would say bosses felt a tad underwhelming at times, and some cracks in the level design, but overall a rich experience. Going to play through NG+ and with other characters for now.

PVP feels more and more a bit unpolished though. It suffers the same problems DS2 did in the early days, that being katanas and estocs (and some shortswords) are the most effective choices for weapons, there's not much reason to use anything else, so build variety is extremely narrow.

The poise "design" is bizarre - people recently found out there is a pointer you can switch from 0 to 1 which seems to actually turn the poise system on. In unmodified versions of the game it seems to be a completely functionless stat, otherwise. So the most effective pvp strategy is to just get the first hit in and R1 mash until they wakeup.

the only vidya I play nowadays is GBA games on a GCW Zero while sitting on the toilet (sorry for oversharing), now going through Warioland 4. Great game, I love 2D platformers where the focus is more on puzzles and exploration rather than on pixel perfect jumps and skills

All the Warioland games are amazing... highly recommended.

All the Warioland games are amazing... highly recommended.

yeah Warioland II for the GBC is also a great game, never played the first one

nabbed castlevania x chronicles on sale for psn for like $2.25 to play on my vita.

includes updated and classic versions of rondo of blood plus symphony of the nite.

castlevanias would be perfect for vita and it's a goddamed shame they never made any =\

also it's still completely ridiculous that my 5+ yr old vita holds a charge for over a month in standby mode whereas my new3ds i got last fall can barely last two days

It looks absolutely incredible but the gameplay is not my cup of tea.

I've completed 99% of BOI: Afterbirth and have no idea what I have to do now. All of the bosses have been beat with every character and every challenge his been completed :catface:

try using the sun card with blank card in caves

damn cuphead looks so fuckin AWESOME, i'm gonna buy it no twhat and it's coop fuck yeaah!!

http://cupheadgame.com/

Inspired by cartoons of the 1930's, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, i.e. traditional cel animation (hand drawn & hand inked!), watercolor backgrounds, and original jazz recordings.

wow, didnt even know that, that's crazy