IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I've had a PS4 since xmas and I'm having a hard time getting into it. I subscribed to PS+ and PSNow, but I usually browse things, play for 5 mins and just keep browsing. Counterspy is one of the few games I played more of. Are there some true gems I should look into? My tastes lie within metroidvania (Axiom Verge I adored) and The Binding of Isaac type of rogue-like gameplay.

Song of the Deep is really good for a metroidvania experience, and Rogue Legacy, Shovel Knight, and Enter the Gungeon for some of the console's best rougelikes.

Some personal favourites on PS4:

Resogun

Dead Nation

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate

Nuclear Throne

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3

Horizon: Zero Dawn comes out next week - so hyped to play this; looks amazing.

Also just found out the Switch doesn't support Bluetooth, and the headphone jack is on the tablet's bottom part, so you can't use headphones while docked.

I mean, seriously Nintendo - how much does a BT module cost?

the headphone jack is on the top, the USB-C charging port is on the bottom, so no charging while in tabletop mode.

I've had a PS4 since xmas and I'm having a hard time getting into it. I subscribed to PS+ and PSNow, but I usually browse things, play for 5 mins and just keep browsing. Counterspy is one of the few games I played more of. Are there some true gems I should look into? My tastes lie within metroidvania (Axiom Verge I adored) and The Binding of Isaac type of rogue-like gameplay.

Song of the Deep is really good for a metroidvania experience, and Rogue Legacy, Shovel Knight, and Enter the Gungeon for some of the console's best rougelikes.

Resogun

Dead Nation

Nuclear Throne

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3

Also just found out the Switch doesn't support Bluetooth, and the headphone jack is on the tablet's bottom part, so you can't use headphones while docked.

the headphone jack is on the top, the USB-C charging port is on the bottom, so no charging while in tabletop mode.

you can charge it if you have this

885x.jpg

Resogun

Dead Nation

Nuclear Throne

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3

I'll check these out, thx!

Resogun

Dead Nation

Nuclear Throne

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3

you can charge it if you have this

885x.jpg

yeah saw those, don't know if i would truss it on an airplane table though lol.

lol, but no. They just need to abandon their hardware division and go multi platform

Edited by Gocab

Nintendo User IDs are now available online, and can be added to your WATMM profile.  If you plan on buying a Switch, or any future Nintendo console, or mobile games you might want to register your desired User Name before they start to get taken, ahead of Friday's Switch launch.  All future Nintendo digital purchases will now be linked to your User ID, instead of the hardware they were downloaded on.

Sign into, or create an account at: https://accounts.nintendo.com/

go to User Info > User ID > edit > change password > enter your desired User ID to see if it is available.  If you have a Wii U or 3DS linked to your Nintendo Network ID, and have any $$ credit left in your account, you will be able to use that on the Switch eShop after doing an update on March 3.

Hope to see some of you online, especially when games like Mario Kart 8 DX and Splatoon 2 launch.

Nintendo User IDs are now available online, and can be added to your WATMM profile. If you plan on buying a Switch, or any future Nintendo console, or mobile games you might want to register your desired User Name before they start to get taken, ahead of Friday's Switch launch. All future Nintendo digital purchases will now be linked to your User ID, instead of the hardware they were downloaded on.

Sign into, or create an account at: https://accounts.nintendo.com/

go to User Info > User ID > edit > change password > enter your desired User ID to see if it is available. If you have a Wii U or 3DS linked to your Nintendo Network ID, and have any $$ credit left in your account, you will be able to use that on the Switch eShop after doing an update on March 3.

Hope to see some of you online, especially when games like Mario Kart 8 DX and Splatoon 2 launch.

Does this just apply to Switch, or does it count for the 3DS I only ever use to play Pokémon?

please clarify

The Nintendo User ID compatibility, is it Switch exclusive? Because I think I have one but for my DS
Nintendo ID covers 3DS, Wii U and Switch (i tink)

Yes, you still have a Nintendo Network ID, a Nickname, and now a User ID. It's needlessly confusing, but the UID is the only one that matters going forward. Once you link a Switch to that, and download the update, your remaining funds should be available in the new eShop.

it's a touchscreen rhythm game - how would you play it on a TV?

It should be a 3DS game, but I bet some Japanese developers with 3DS games already in development will try to shoehorn them onto Switch, fearing that 3DS game sales are headed for a fall.

OK, NOW I feel a pang of regret for cancelling my Switch preorder - Blaster Master Zero (which is a remake of one of my favourite games of all time, Blaster Master), looks really fucking good:

Exclusively for the Switch and 3DS, and I sure as hell am not going to play it on the 3DS. Hopefully that exclusivity is limited, and it will head to PS4 by year's end.

It's interesting how well the indy titles are courting the Switch; I wonder out of all the games in that video, how many are Switch exclusives?

OK, NOW I feel a pang of regret for cancelling my Switch preorder - Blaster Master Zero (which is a remake of one of my favourite games of all time, Blaster Master), looks really fucking good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hPZ_5cSbc

Exclusively for the Switch and 3DS, and I sure as hell am not going to play it on the 3DS. Hopefully that exclusivity is limited, and it will head to PS4 by year's end.

It's interesting how well the indy titles are courting the Switch; I wonder out of all the games in that video, how many are Switch exclusives?

I like the promotional art

9E34E3C5-F9E9-4863-BC56-042AF612F52E_zps

Even more indie games announced for Switch, why does Nintendo always announce more shit after their announcements?

Not shown:

Toe Jam and Earl: Back in the Groove

Terraria

Hover: Revolt of Gamers

Mutant Mudds

Treasurenauts

Picked up twisted metal & little big planet (ps3) for $2 each yesterday, they also had heavy rain and a burnout game, worth grabbing?

Heavy Rain is not good, at all.

I don't know why it bothers me so much in The Witcher that you have to fast track to some places, I just like walking from one place to another. Dying Light has been ordered.